McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:00 pm
TheFallen wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:04 am
McFarlane seems to have hit the right balance between action figure and display piece (statue). This is probably the best Batman ever released. The flowing cape was the main appeal for me, I’m hoping a Spawn comes out with the same flowing cape look.

Say what you will about Todd but his company is in a renaissance period and is setting the bar again. Is it 1994 all over again? :lol:

He actually did release a spawn like this, like 20 years ago,

It actually even used a similar body to the 20th spawn with basically super articulation, I still have it and recently dug it out.
Which Spawn is this? Might want to track it down.
markhamknight
Super Poseable

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:30 pm

LipSmack wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:29 am
Where are you paying monthly for Platinum card? I paid 1 $10 fee like 6 or more years ago, enjoyed 10% off the whole time until about a year ago when I got upgraded to the onyx, now getting 15% off, plus living in AB no pst, it's all gravy
Just saw that they changed that last February 2020 (in Toronto)... Still costs $35 for $25 the Batman movie action figures, which means $30 with the platinum card, still $5 more than everywhere else.
dHunter333 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 am
That's GameStop's Canadian website. I preordered the Swamp Thing variant for $39.99.
I'm in Canada mate, don't have a choice here.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:05 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 pm
Magnuz wrote:
TheFallen wrote:
McFarlane seems to have hit the right balance between action figure and display piece (statue). This is probably the best Batman ever released. The flowing cape was the main appeal for me, I’m hoping a Spawn comes out with the same flowing cape look.

Say what you will about Todd but his company is in a renaissance period and is setting the bar again. Is it 1994 all over again? :lol:

It actually even used a similar body to the 20th spawn with basically super articulation, I still have it and recently dug it out.
Which Spawn is this? Might want to track it down.
Classic cover series 24 issue 88
http://www.oafe.net/yo/mcs24i88.php

He's unmasked and its got the modern style costume (big boot, glove, no red on the torso) but it shares basically the same body and articulation as the 20th anniversary spawn so nearly modern articulation except for the wonky style shoulders (sivels with butterfly joints).

The cape is very orange though, not a traditional red, i guess to skew the halloween theme of the cover, the tree base is pretty neat though.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 pm

dHunter333 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 am
TheFallen wrote:

I grabbed the Year 2 Batman today. I’m not really a DC fan but for some reason, like others have mentioned above, I have been drawn to the line. And I have a specialty store near eat me that is stocking McFarlane figures so that is even better.

What do you mean you grabbed it...was it at Target?!?!?!?

OMG, DHunter, your response cracked me up. That is exactly the same reaction I had when I read that post. :lol: :lol:
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:14 pm

i checked out brad the dc geek's review of lobo and here is a comparison with the storm collectables version.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:47 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
i checked out brad the dc geek's review of lobo and here is a comparison with the storm collectables version.
Oh, where's the Mattel SDCC one? Arguably my favorite.
markhamknight
Super Poseable

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
And now Brad sold me on Lex (green/purple) and Lobo lol.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 pm

After seeing the Soul Crusher Spawn, I really hope Todd reuses that head to give us a Fear State Scarecrow. Minus the hose, and with a slightly different mouthpiece, that's basically his mask. It's a fairly intricate design, but it's one of my favorites, and for being the main villain in the comics right now, he definitely needs a figure.
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Soul Crusher could also double for a Rat Catcher.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Found the Templar Azrael at Walmart the other night. Was SHOCKED, lol. Immediately grabbed him & cancelled my "delayed" online preorder.

He's as amazing as Robo's review of the classic version made him look. I stuck him next to Redeemer with my Spawn figures as another angel. I LOVE him.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:01 pm

Magnuz wrote:
TheFallen wrote:

Oh damn, I didn’t realise it had the 20th Spawn body underneath. I might try and track it down as well.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:03 pm

TENIME_art wrote:Found the Templar Azrael at Walmart the other night. Was SHOCKED, lol. Immediately grabbed him & cancelled my "delayed" online preorder.

He's as amazing as Robo's review of the classic version made him look. I stuck him next to Redeemer with my Spawn figures as another angel. I LOVE him.
I am a HUGE fan of the white Azrael...it just pops on the shelf, which I wasn't expecting at first. I ended up buying 2 of them, so in my "action figure universe" the regular red Azrael is Jean Paul and the 2 white versions are other Templars from the Order of St. Dumas Image
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:01 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Good figure,size and articulation.

The headsculpt don't look super weird anymore

But the hook is too thick and a real chain makes the diference
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:05 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
I have all four. I think SC Lobo just lost the shotgun to McF Lobo.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:26 am

Now he only needs his bike

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”