McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:10 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:41 am
Damn look at that thing! Even though it’s a shell car, I do love the frame details they added to it. Looks great, looking forward to seeing more about it soon.
To be fair, as a monster truck it should be a shell car. It shouldn't feature opening doors as that's not how they work.

Those pics make it look way more impressive than the video Todd posted. Showing off the roll cage, engine detail etc really show how much thought and detail was put into the design. It being a shell initially felt like they cheaped out and clearly that's not the case here.

I'm really curious about the price point. That will be a good indicator of how much future Batmobiles might cost.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Scale on Batgirl is better.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:59 pm

By reusing the first Batgirl's legs, she's got long legs and a short torso, but the scaling looks better. They all seem appropriate to their sizes from the book, even Red Hood.

That said, she's looking to the side again. I'm not sure who's decision it was to start painting eyes that are looking off to the side, but unless there's an extra head in there, I don't think this as a good idea, or know how anyone could have thought it was. What is that now, movie Batman, Netflix Geralt, green suit Lex, Batgirl, Superboy Prime, Princess Buttercup, Fezzik, and maybe others. I don't get it, and I really don't like it.
maverick10126

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:07 pm

Wait....did they shrink her parts? Is she not quite the re-use we thought she was? Initially the Red Hood figure was assumed to have the same lower body as the previous Red Hood but that's clearly not the case. The sculpt is the same but it's all smaller resulting in him being shorter.

I wonder if they took the same sculpt from the previous Batgirl and shrunk them down and created a new mold. Seems like an expensive thing to do (creating a new almost identical mold) but I don't see any other way to explain her scaling. The first release was all legs and there's no way these are the exact same legs with her height coming out like that.

If this is what happened....then wow...hats off to McFarlane for making some fixes to the line. This definitely will be THE batgirl to own.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:02 pm

Mcfarlane surprising people yet again...in a good way
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:06 pm

Now that is one amazing looking Batgirl figure.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks for the pics, I was starting to get nervous about my Batgirl PO, now I'm more comfortable.
The more I see, the more I like the Criminal and may eventually pick one up. Still iffy on Clown, but if I have Crminal and Comedian...

Also, going back a few pages Lobo's awesome and the figure looks great. Only read a few books with him, but Brad Garrett really brought him to life in Superman the Animated Series, and later reprised in JLU. Just a fun "anti-Superman". Man, that show really treated Supes' Rogues Gallery well. Bizzaro, Parasite, Live Wire, Toy Man, Lobo...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:37 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:57 am
AndyTrevino wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:04 am
As much as I love that Riddler design (and you're probably going to hear me praise it a lot more often around here now that he has a figure).....I can't get it out of my head now that he looks like the Green Bastard.
That's one way to undo your own argument. "I love the new Batman villain costume so much because it reminds me of a Trailer Park Boys wrestling alter ego." Meant jovially of course.

Honestly it might be one of my favorite live-action comic book villain redesigns in a long while
maverick10126

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:07 pm

Looking at our favorite IGer's account and his visual listing of all the figures....it really is remarkable how quickly this line has blown up. There were roughly 50 releases in 2020 and 2021 is looking more like 100ish releases. Yes there are repaints, repacks and variants so I'm not saying the line has a 150 "true" unique releases but still. The output is impressive and trending in the right direction.

The line also seems to be moving closer and closer to what a lot of us want in this DC line. Looking at the upcoming releases, Lex, Lobo, Superboy Prime, Reverse Flash. Lots of good stuff. Batman's still going to be heavy in this line but I don't think there will be quite as much complaining about the number of Batman figures as long as the other DC figures increase. I'm really excited to see what year 3 brings...and excited to see how many McFarlane pumps out. We could be headed into ML territory number of releases before long.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:35 pm

Would you guys say that mcfarlane is on par with marvel legends in terms of numbers of figures?

Both can make a ton of figures in short period of time
KNR
Customized

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:03 pm

For my fellow Canadians,

I just got off the phone with my local ebgames and they just got a ton of DC Multiverse figures available for preorder including all the latest reveals, only seemed to be missing Swamp Thing.
maverick10126

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:05 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:
Would you guys say that mcfarlane is on par with marvel legends in terms of numbers of figures?

ML utilizes a ton of base "naked" bodies that they just repaint, add a new head and it's a new figure. So that's not too dissimilar to Todd getting the most out of his unique sculpts by doing repaints, unmasked heads and other repacks.

However, this DC line still isn't at current ML territory in output. He's a few years behind their current output and the line still hasn't touched the variety of characters ML puts out in a year. Even in years where Todd can match the number of figures the number of unique characters still lags.

ML numbers by year....

2016: 87
2017: 94
2018: 155
2019: 160
2020: 128
2021: 130

He's getting to 2017 numbers this year...but he's doing a lot more repeats per character. If he gets up to 2018 numbers next year the line will feel more like a 2016-2017 ML year given that his formula is a lot of repeat characters.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:20 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:05 pm
VictorD10010 wrote:

ML utilizes a ton of base "naked" bodies that they just repaint, add a new head and it's a new figure. So that's not too dissimilar to Todd getting the most out of his unique sculpts by doing repaints, unmasked heads and other repacks.

However, this DC line still isn't at current ML territory in output. He's a few years behind their current output and the line still hasn't touched the variety of characters ML puts out in a year. Even in years where Todd can match the number of figures the number of unique characters still lags.

ML numbers by year....

2016: 87
2017: 94
2018: 155
2019: 160
2020: 128
2021: 130

He's getting to 2017 numbers this year...but he's doing a lot more repeats per character. If he gets up to 2018 numbers next year the line will feel more like a 2016-2017 ML year given that his formula is a lot of repeat characters.
Interesting numbers

It´s shocking how many figures they make

How many years Mcfarlane have left?
maverick10126

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:29 pm

Original contract was 3 years but there's a lot of rumors saying it's already been extended. Not surprising because rumors are that sales are really strong and WB is generally happy.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:37 pm

Nice

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”