McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Looks like Batman is going back to the Inc. suit in the comics, minus the huge codpiece. I always liked that costume, even despite the redundancy of the batsymbol being on his chest and belt.

Todd can have a nice new use for the 3J body with a slight retool (the huge seams are pretty essential to the look imo).
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:40 pm

I’m more of a fan of the black bat symbol as opposed to the yellow oval. I’d really like a No Man’s Land Batman and a Cassandra Cain Batgirl from Mac. Throw in Gotham by Gaslight Bats there too.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:02 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:Looks like Batman is going back to the Inc. suit in the comics, minus the huge codpiece. I always liked that costume, even despite the redundancy of the batsymbol being on his chest and belt.

Todd can have a nice new use for the 3J body with a slight retool (the huge seams are pretty essential to the look imo).
Just curious, is Alfred still dead in the comics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:45 pm

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:02 pm
Shinigami_PL wrote:Looks like Batman is going back to the Inc. suit in the comics, minus the huge codpiece. I always liked that costume, even despite the redundancy of the batsymbol being on his chest and belt.

Just curious, is Alfred still dead in the comics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately , for now
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:50 pm

Yeah, Alfred is still deceased. But maybe not for long. With Death Metal/Infinite Frontier being the ultimate do over in the DCU, he may still be alive. Bruce is leaving Gotham after Fear State. My hypothesis is that he going to look for Alfred.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:32 pm

Alfred was also apparently a stealth billionaire. Between the Wayne will and the expert financial machinations of Lucius Fox, Alfred had a bundle. And left it all to Duck Grayson. Dick is now becoming a philanthropist for Bludhaven.

Other assorted DC/McFarlane news from this weekend; Netflix has renewed Witcher for a 3rd season ahead of the 2nd season being released. And the tease trailer for Sandman dropped. Looks like it could be the real deal. Not sure it’s overly toyetic though.
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:51 pm

DCUC was great as a line because the figures are cohesive and the character selection expansive. I hope I have those figures forever. But individually the McFarlane figures are far superior. Not even close IMO.

I wish I had picked up a few extra Mattel figures when they were cheap, but only because I want to swap some Mattel heads onto superior McFarlane molds...Nightwing being at the top of the list. And it wouldn't be that difficult to make a Wally West Flash.

The new pictured Batsuit looks great. I don't have a preferred Bat symbol, probably lean towards the oval because of the Keaton films, but I like that the costume above looks somewhat modern (seams and pouch belts) while retaining the more sleek/classic looking boots, gloves, and cowl. But I fear a reuse of the 3 Jokers torso from McF.

Really looking forward to the new Gotham Knights figures as well. Gonna grab two of those Nightwing figures and paint one set of eyes white. The Batgirl suit looks pretty classic as well, it may end up rivaling Three Jokers.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:49 pm

Ultimately, it’s what I miss most about DCUC, the universe building. What Todd’s doing is miles ahead of where Mattel left off. Yet character selection lags.

I do understand why Batman takes up so much space. Doesn’t mean I have to like it.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:54 pm

I loved the Batman, Inc. look, so I'm happy to see it back. Hope the yellow oval lights up like it did for that suit. I've enjoyed the concept of projecting a bat on back alley criminals ever since Azrael used to do that in his armored batsuit. (It works good with Spidey and his signal, too!)
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:02 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:40 pm
I’m more of a fan of the black bat symbol as opposed to the yellow oval. I’d really like a No Man’s Land Batman and a Cassandra Cain Batgirl from Mac. Throw in Gotham by Gaslight Bats there too.

100% the same! Which is odd because (as I stated earlier) it was the Burton film that got me into the character and then The Animated Series and Knightfall are such important works. But I grew to love the larger bat from HUSH, the Nolan films and Capullo etc.

I love this Three Jokers line already, put the Rebirth figure on this new body and a HUSH one then I am possibly all set for mainstream Batman! Will probably look great next to Rebirth Superman next spring. Looking forward to Endless Winter as well.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:10 pm

Aleks wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm
ditko wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:52 pm
Way better than Mattel's late offerings and better than DCUC for me since I didn't like the cookie cutter approach. Essentials was junk to me and Mafex is cool, but I was underwhelmed by HUSH Batman.
Nah, DCUC will still remain in my heart as the best DC line. BAFs were great, figures dated by today's standard, but there were a bunch of new characters and Iconic designs. Not just "Batman, Batman Supreme, Ultimate Batman, Green Batman, Superman Batman, etc". I'm joking, of course, but this McFarlane line is just...not enough. I don't know...too edgy? Most of the figures don't look cohesive together and not really possible to assemble any team except "Dark Nights: Metal" or something. Some single figures look great though. Don't like Essentials, Icons were canceled just before they became great. MAFEX DC Line is the only thing that interests me right now.
So I said for ME. Not for YOU. I admire a lot of DCUC figures, had a lot of excitement for it at one time. Todd isn't gonna make a line for everyone, we're on opposite sides I suppose. DCUC frustrated and bored me the way Todd's line does you. I wanted more personality and modern stuff. Well FINALLY I have it.

It's also a bit moot since we're receiving Shazam, Demon, Aquaman, Lobo, Martian Manhunter along with some villains in the near(ish) future. I expect more to come. Sadly fans are deluding themselves thinking DC has a deep portfolio. Poor Hawkman had a great comic and even that got axed. It's tough and needs to be slow burned.
Ultramane
CROM!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:34 pm

they also said it was their preference in their heart and not yours so i don't think you gotta get testy and even if they didn't who could possibly care
Christo
Customized

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:11 am

I've been reorganizing my collection recently, and just the other night, I rediscovered McFarlane's Spawn Alley (from the 1990s). It still really holds up. It has great engineering - I was able to put it back together pretty easily, because every piece is tooled to really only fit in one spot. No breaks, even for 20+ year-old bits of plastic. Each wall and floor has great texture and character, it has fun action features and was/is a great centerpiece for his line of figures.

Really made me wish that Todd would branch out into some DC Comics playsets.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:11 pm

I think playsets are really cost prohibitive these days. A playset for the 4” Star Wars line runs $50 these days (next one will probably be $55+ with the recent price hikes). I can’t see Todd being able to do one for 7” figures for less than $100 unless it ends up like the 66 Batcave. But that proves he is, pardon the pun, toying around with the idea.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:16 pm

7” scale playset has Kickstarter all over it.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”