McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:24 am

Well therein lies the problem. Ya don’t need imagination to front load Batman into every wave. Imagination is figuring out how to get Captain Atom done. Or Creeper. Or Ragman.

Actually, Creeper and Ragman could be fairly easy. They both live in Gotham. Bat cousins I guess.
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:40 am

That Killing Joke Joker looks insanely cool. Was able to grab a couple from Walmart before the link went dead.
maverick10126 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:50 pm
Now the one figure that's really going to potentially set people off is the Batman of Zur-en-arhh. If that Batman is "perfect" with the perfect headsculpt...people are going to lose their minds.
Can I remove it and put it on a neck peg? Because I'm buying 3, painting one navy blue, and the other two black...
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:01 am

Batman overload? Check out the spin master line. It’s divided into two themes. Batman and general dc superheroes. And the ratio is twice as many Batman waves as the dc waves. Plus I think the DC waves are done now. So it’s just Batman. Every wave has the same rebirth Batman over and over again, plus some random repaints of Batman.

If this line was like spinmasters then there would be wave 1 DC1000 Batman in every wave.

Batman is being pushed by WB because he’s freaking Batman. Do you trot your best player out there for one play and sit him the rest of the game?

I gotta give credit to Todd for at least making each release of Batman different.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:37 am

bananaman wrote:
MrImpossible wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:58 pm
Perhaps Walmart gets the trench coat Joker?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Multivers ... hbdg=L1100

Dunno why there’s no image with it when there are images for the others.
Wanted to mirror everybody else'e thanks for posting this. I went ahead and ordered 2 sight unseen. Having seen the official image I have considered ordering third. I need to find a Tommy gun now and I have pretty much the Jose Garcia Lopez Joker that I have always wanted. Incredible looking figure in a fantastic looking wave. Roll on November.
Oooh, that's a fantastic idea. I love that Tommy gun idea.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:50 am

maverick10126 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:01 am
Batman overload? Check out the spin master line. It’s divided into two themes. Batman and general dc superheroes. And the ratio is twice as many Batman waves as the dc waves. Plus I think the DC waves are done now. So it’s just Batman. Every wave has the same rebirth Batman over and over again, plus some random repaints of Batman.

If this line was like spinmasters then there would be wave 1 DC1000 Batman in every wave.

Batman is being pushed by WB because he’s freaking Batman. Do you trot your best player out there for one play and sit him the rest of the game?

I gotta give credit to Todd for at least making each release of Batman different.
Seriously, I am not criticizing. Its the game plan, I love Batman. The more the better and if it means we get supporting cast even better. I don't need new gods or Lobo but would love to see Penguin and The Magpie. If Todd can figure out how to get some of Gothams B and C listers Im all good. Love, hate him or just Bat-fatigued, Batman is the vehicle that floats this figure line.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:51 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:37 am
bananaman wrote:
MrImpossible wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:58 pm
Perhaps Walmart gets the trench coat Joker?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Multivers ... hbdg=L1100

Dunno why there’s no image with it when there are images for the others.
Wanted to mirror everybody else'e thanks for posting this. I went ahead and ordered 2 sight unseen. Having seen the official image I have considered ordering third. I need to find a Tommy gun now and I have pretty much the Jose Garcia Lopez Joker that I have always wanted. Incredible looking figure in a fantastic looking wave. Roll on November.
Oooh, that's a fantastic idea. I love that Tommy gun idea.
If you know of a good Tommy Gun please share!
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 am

Raptor, from McFarlane's Fortnite line, comes with a great tommy gun.

anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:36 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:12 am
I'm going to address a couple of non-Three Jokers related issues that have come up:

As far as exclusives go, I see Todd doing absolutely nothing that every other toy company doesn't already do on a regular basis. It's part of the game. Period. It's not going to change. Just because the line is called "The Three Jokers" doesn't mean that one of the Jokers is automatically exempt from being exclusive. Any character is fair game. Any A-list character. Ask a Star Wars fan how they feel about Jedi Luke being an exclusive. Ask a Marvel fan how they feel about a definitive version of Captain America being an exclusive. Ask a GI Joe fan how they feel about literally HALF THE LINE being exclusive. Your plight is not unique. If it bothers you that much, you may want to consider a new hobby. This is the way it is.

As far as the best/perfect Batman figure goes, there isn't one. No company has done one, and I don't know that they ever will. Personally, I feel that the PERFECT Batman needs a soft goods cape. I'm a soft goods guy, I like them, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Todd doesn't do soft goods (in general) so I'm not looking to him for my "perfect" Batman, but that doesn't mean some of them aren't pretty damn good and worth the buy.

Quoted For Truth...preach, brother.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:19 pm

Seamus McSuperfly wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 am
Raptor, from McFarlane's Fortnite line, comes with a great tommy gun.

^Liked
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:27 pm

Perfect Batman would be to take that Vonner proto and run with it.

Then we can be done with Batman and move on to the other 4,000 characters in the DCU.

Please. And thanks.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Mac’s Batman output is fine. It’s his “other than Batman related characters in iconic comic looks” output that needs to kick up a notch. That’s why I’m hoping will happen at some point.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:14 pm

On a non McFarlane related topic but Batman related topic. My gf wanted to show her 6yo son the 1989 Batman movie. So we are working our way through it. We started it too late to finish, we have about a half hour left.

Her son has said he doesn’t like superheroes….more accurately he hasn’t been exposed to them outside of t-shirts. I’ve shown him some cartoons here and there but this is the first superhero movie he’s watching.

We watched started it one night just to see if he’d want to watch it. He was hooked. Was too tired to keep going but asked to watch more the next night.

So the movie still holds up enough to capture kids attention. He won’t admit it because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong. But hes loving it. Specifically every time the joker shows up.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:50 pm

I pre-ordered the entire wave from the cmdstore. I missed out on KJ Joker because I was in another meeting and if he does come back up on the site I will probably be in another meeting. I just can't stop in the middle of a meeting regarding the care of wounded, ill and seriously ill Soldiers to order an action figure.
The gun debate for me is finished. It's not going to change anytime soon or maybe never. If you feel inclined to have Red Hood carrying guns then Walmart has the unmasked Thomas Wayne Batman on sale for $16.59. I just purchased another to have that option.
There is never going to be the perfect Batman or any other action figure. Fans of the properties will always find something they don't like.
I have decided just to try and enjoy what is being released and be gracious toward Todd McFarlane, the sculptors who work to bring these great looking DC action figures to plastic form and of course the DC fans.
He-Man
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:59 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:14 pm
On a non McFarlane related topic but Batman related topic. My gf wanted to show her 6yo son the 1989 Batman movie. So we are working our way through it. We started it too late to finish, we have about a half hour left.

Her son has said he doesn’t like superheroes….more accurately he hasn’t been exposed to them outside of t-shirts. I’ve shown him some cartoons here and there but this is the first superhero movie he’s watching.

We watched started it one night just to see if he’d want to watch it. He was hooked. Was too tired to keep going but asked to watch more the next night.

So the movie still holds up enough to capture kids attention. He won’t admit it because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong. But hes loving it. Specifically every time the joker shows up.
That’s awesome. Similar story to my boy and MOTU. He had all kinds of MOTU figures (well I did but they’re in his room, haha) and he never really interacted with them. Transformers, Marvel, DC, GI Joe, etc. were all played with a lot. Then Revelation came and he watched it. The next time I walked in his room battle cat and the gang were in the mix. Then I found out he watched the first 5 episodes again on his own.

Back to Batman, McFarlane needs to work some magic and get Nicholson to give up! I would also love an 89 Batmobile as long as the scale was better than the 66 we just got. The Mattel one is great. I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t buy the 89 even if it was a tad too small though. Maybe we should say a “Todd” too small instead of a tad, ha.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:24 pm

It would be amazing if a Batman 89 wave could be produced with Joker variants a la 3 Jokers:

-Flugelheim “date” with beret and alt-heads with full and water-damaged “makeup”.
-Mime, with top hat and pen.
-Parade, with hat, top-coat, long gun, bullhorn.
-Jack Napier / Axis chemicals with damaged and “call me . . . Joker” alt-heads.
- “Jack Napier” gang-boss, with joy buzzer and alt-head with sweat-wipe.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics