McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:47 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:17 am
Think of it like this then….JSA figures that come close but don’t match your vision of them. And they repeat them over and over again but it never quite looks like you want them too.

Understand now?
Not to be obtuse, but not really. I did say I understood. Relating is my problem.

The last JSA figure Mattel did was in 2012. Jay Garrick/Flash. Last JSA related DCD did was 2014 with the New 52 Earth 2 figures. The last actual JSA figures from DCD came out in 2010 as part of the Alex Ross series from his JSA covers. Been a long dry spell.

And in two years, Todd has done Dr. Fate. As a game figure. So yeah, I was disappointed. I’ve seen the figure in the wild a few times now and just can’t pull the trigger. Comic Fate is just so much cleaner looking to me.

So you can kinda see where I’m at in all of this.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 pm

Anyone have a link to Joker (the criminal) on amazon? Can't find it.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:23 pm

I canceled my year 2 Batman with this new one I can lice without that one and not having a good neck joint for both really make it easy to only need one
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:50 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 pm
Anyone have a link to Joker (the criminal) on amazon? Can't find it.
This
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:10 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:02 pm
Sound the alarm: Batman Year 2 delayed another week. New date is Oct 8th.

I got the same delay notice, but when I went to approve the delay I noticed that Y2 Batman is available for pre-order again.

So I ordered it again because it has no release date so I figure it has less of a chance of getting cancelled on me since I won't keep getting delay notices that I have to approve.

So FYI, for anyone who's interested Batman Year 2 is up for pre-order again on Target's website.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:15 pm

Aleks wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:02 am
The only Joker figure that everyone actually wants is another exclusive. Classic Todd :lol:

Yeah...pass on ALL of these . I wanted to buy the whole wave, but not having the last joker, don't see the point anymore . Seriously, who thought this was a great idea? Show me this idiot's face? All of these figures already look cheap and mediocre at best, except maybe Batgirl (though even she has this long ugly tube legs). I can pay a couple extra bucks, Todd. Give them extra hands, heads and better paint.

I'm tired of chasing all these exclusives and other garbage. Overpay to these stores, looking for pre-orders, wake up an hour earlier just because you need to be in time for pre-order. Because if you don't, some asshole with bots will buy everything. [email protected]#$ circus.
So you were going to buy all the cheap, mediocre figures until you found out you couldn't get all the cheap, mediocre figures in one pass?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:16 pm

I approved the delay. It's still a fantastic figure imo.

It's crazy that last week these figures were being praised as the greatest thing ever. Now, apparently they are hot garbage. Man, makes you miss the good old days of Mattel...with all those double jointed knees and elbows...and unique sculpting.

But hey, if you guys want to pass on these figures and completely forget that McFarlane figures have a habit of being better in hand than in pics or package...go right ahead. Makes it easier for me.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:29 pm

RoboKillah wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:15 pm
Aleks wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:02 am
The only Joker figure that everyone actually wants is another exclusive. Classic Todd :lol:

Yeah...pass on ALL of these . I wanted to buy the whole wave, but not having the last joker, don't see the point anymore . Seriously, who thought this was a great idea? Show me this idiot's face? All of these figures already look cheap and mediocre at best, except maybe Batgirl (though even she has this long ugly tube legs). I can pay a couple extra bucks, Todd. Give them extra hands, heads and better paint.

I'm tired of chasing all these exclusives and other garbage. Overpay to these stores, looking for pre-orders, wake up an hour earlier just because you need to be in time for pre-order. Because if you don't, some asshole with bots will buy everything. [email protected]#$ circus.
So you were going to buy all the cheap, mediocre figures until you found out you couldn't get all the cheap, mediocre figures in one pass?
Yes.

Sure, they look cheap, but at list you could've get everything at once and touch up a little with paint. No headache. Now I don't want to even bother, just because it's so stupid (Obviously if he really is exclusive). The story called "Batman: Three Jokers". Three Jokers should be in one wave. Otherwise what's the point.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:34 pm

I pre-ordered the Batman 3- Jokers figures at a couple of different online stores to cover my bases. (3 Batman, 1 Batgirl, 1 Red Hood, and 1 Criminal Joker).

I ordered 3 Batman so that I could open 2 of them and paint the trunks on one of them black, leave one as is, and keep one in package.

I skipped Clown Joker because he seems redundant. Too much like the Rebirth Joker but not quite as good IMO. He kind of reminds me of the 89 Batman Nicholson movie Joker, and I don't care for the pink coat.

I like the Criminal Joker because he's different than any other Joker we've gotten. He's basically a Golden Age First Appearance Joker.

Like everyone else I really want the Comedian / Killing Joke figure with the hat and trench coat. We'll have to wait and see where he pops up.

Ironically Walmart was the first place that listings for these showed up, but they are still not available to be pre-ordered on their site yet.
Drayco90
HULK SMASH!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:21 pm

Ninjak wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:10 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:02 pm
Sound the alarm: Batman Year 2 delayed another week. New date is Oct 8th.

I got the same delay notice, but when I went to approve the delay I noticed that Y2 Batman is available for pre-order again.

So I ordered it again because it has no release date so I figure it has less of a chance of getting cancelled on me since I won't keep getting delay notices that I have to approve.

So FYI, for anyone who's interested Batman Year 2 is up for pre-order again on Target's website.
Dope, good looking out. I missed the original window but really dig the look of this one; got a pre-order in this time.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get randomly canceled like some of my Joe pre-orders did.
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:29 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:16 pm
I approved the delay. It's still a fantastic figure imo.

It's crazy that last week these figures were being praised as the greatest thing ever. Now, apparently they are hot garbage. Man, makes you miss the good old days of Mattel...with all those double jointed knees and elbows...and unique sculpting.

But hey, if you guys want to pass on these figures and completely forget that McFarlane figures have a habit of being better in hand than in pics or package...go right ahead. Makes it easier for me.
I hate seeing the excellence that McFarlane is capable of, mixed in with silly common sense mistakes. The bulky sculpt and detailing is wonderful. But no head movement...makes no logical sense.

I also feel that for a character they've released a ton of figures of, there isn't a single one with a definitive classic looking head sculpt. The DC essentials Batman got it in one shot. McFarlane has released a Jim Lee Batman and a Fabok Batman, two of the most iconic recent Batman artists...and neither figure represents the art style.

The last factor is anticipation. I know I (and many others) have been staring past some of the leaks/reveals just waiting for this Batman to finally be the Batman figure. I don't want another "almost there" Batman. Maybe unfair, but my thoughts on him have soured me on the rest of the wave, which isn't bad. They are solid figures.
bat1987
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Pre ordered Batman and Batgirl, they will be replacing metal Bats and wave 1 batgirl on the shelf. Super pissed about trenchcoat joker being an exclusive.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:41 pm

Just saw in the Leaks thread that Clayface is supppsed to be coming. I'm curious to see what look they go for as I really liked the SuperHeroes/DCUC sculpt (if not the rubber parts) and didn't much like the Multiverse BAF sculpt.

Is this new guy a BAF or an oversized figure...?
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:04 pm

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:29 pm
I also feel that for a character they've released a ton of figures of, there isn't a single one with a definitive classic looking head sculpt. The DC essentials Batman got it in one shot.
That's mostly because they've had literal years of Batman figures under their belt. Lots of them with excellent headsculpts but there was also a ton of shitty ones.

Todd did release a fairly perfect modern Batman headsculpt - Flashpoint Batman. And that one's also based on Fabok's art.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 am
JTMarsh wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:47 am
I thought there were 2 Batman the Animated Series films, Mask of the Phantasm and Sub-Zero w/ Mr. Freeze.
3 actually because there's also Mystery of the Batwoman. Or 4 if you want to count Return of the Joker under the BTAS umbrella.
Only Mask of the Phantasm was a theatrical release, though. Plenty of animated movies in the direct-to-video category. Too many to count...

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”