McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:24 pm

He could always make him a McFarlane Toy Store exclusive as a way to boost the profile of his store.

I've been waiting for him to put some "real" exclusives on his site. Specifically larger items that other outlets would be hesitant to take. Still hoping for that Multiverse Build a Batcave playset...
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:02 pm

Found King Shazam today. Saw the WK Bat bike and Lady SIf, I mean the Todd Wonder Woman. No sign of Etrigan.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:05 pm

stack32 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:14 pm
Geez, I think I might have to skip this thread for a few months and come back when all the "This is the awesomest Batman ever!!!" posts start.
What? You don’t like the esoteric, erudite conversations about how many Batman figures can dance on the head of a pin?

How much Batman is too much?

Trick question, there’s never enough Batman.
maverick10126

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 pm

I'm debating on King Shazam. I'd prefer just a regular Shazam but I also wouldn't mind getting all of the Infected from that storyline....I'm just not sure if Todd's going to finish that team or not.

Thoughts on King Shazam? Is he worth it even if the rest of the team is never completed?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:24 pm

I think so. He’ll fit in pretty well with the Death Metal figures even though he didn’t wear that costume in the story.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:25 pm

Okay. Now I REALLY don't like the head. From the front it looks okay:

But when you turn it? Is he supposed to resemble Indy 4's aliens or what?

What the hell happened here? Why is his face so low on his head? Why did they sculpt his head like that?! He looks like he had brain damage and had his front lobe removed! WTF!!

The body looks great, but they had to go and ruin it with a terrible, terrible head sculpt! Whosoever decided that that was okay needs to be fired. Hopefully it looks better in person, but I'm not getting it until I see photos and it looks better there. Man, it could have been the PERFECT Batman.... but no. And you can't even try to fix it, as you can't just change the head for another one! And it has a specific texture! It's like they don't want to make a perfect Batman or something. This is a major disappointment for me. Hopefully they release Y2 figure in the main line, as that head was miles better than this.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:59 pm

I mean... firing a person over a head sculpt?
maverick10126

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:30 pm

For everyone complaining about the shape of the cowl and the slope of the mask....have you ever seen the Affleck Justice League cowl side profile? I'm not saying this is the same sculpt as there are clearly details that are different. But the shape of the head, the way it slops back, the positioning of the face relative to the rest of the cowl are really similar. It definitely seems like whoever sculpted this used that masks shape as a starting point or a reference at the very least.

If anyone has ever owned Batman cowl or at least shopped around for one....you'll see a wide variety of forehead slopes going on yet they all fit a human head in them. It really depends on how they want the ears to blend in with the rest of the shape, how much extra size they want to put into the eyebrows. Taller eared masks they tend to make the forehead more upright, smaller ears often get more of a slope to make it look sleek.

A Keaton mask, a Bale mask, an Affleck mask all have completely different forehead profiles.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:37 pm

jimbles wrote:
I kinda hate Batman.
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 am

When compared to the shape of most of the other heads in the line, it looks off. Especially on the bulky body.

Only Flashpoint Batman and LKOE Bats have properly sized heads for their body. It seems like it's a constant issue with Batman. I have a feeling if they just sculpted a Bruce Wayne head first, then copied the sizing/chin profile to a Batman head, they would realize how silly some of the big chins and forehead slants look.
K_Steel
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 am

Baby Steps.

You'll get the definitive McF Batman (probably multiple) as the years go by. Batman will no doubt be the centerpiece of this line in the future.

At the very least, this is a significant improvement over the tiny head Detective Comics 1000 Batman.

Who wants to bet there will be a Blue/Gray variant of this figure.
Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
When compared to the shape of most of the other heads in the line, it looks off. Especially on the bulky body.

Only Flashpoint Batman and LKOE Bats have properly sized heads for their body. It seems like it's a constant issue with Batman. I have a feeling if they just sculpted a Bruce Wayne head first, then copied the sizing/chin profile to a Batman head, they would realize how silly some of the big chins and forehead slants look.
I thought the proportions on this one were done reasonably well.

Still my personal favorite McF Bats. Though not a comics version.
FPJonesIII
Super Poseable

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:03 am

I'll admit, I was definitely wrong about the headsculpt.

I really wish they had given Three Jokers Batman a normal neck joint. Doesn't really bother me that much in terms of the articulation, but it would have made swapping out the head a lot easier.

Most of the figure is great, but I'll wait to see it in-person before deciding if I'm going to get him. The head could look better in-hand, or there could be a, imo, better Batman announced by the time this comes out.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:21 am

Love this figure!! Really happy and hope Rebirth Bats uses this body....oh by the way.....I like the head! Yeah, I'm into the line so that's no surprise really, but I also think a character like Batman will never have a figure perfect enough for everyone. Some people use MAFEX as a counterpoint, but not to me. Beautiful but too slender, I would take most of Todd's Batman figures.

Including Armored Batman, got him today at WalMart - only one left and he impressed me more than I expected. Can't wait for TDKR wave.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:35 am

jimbles wrote:
I'm exaggerating, but they need to do a better job talking to the sculptor, telling them to fix something if they messed it up. It's all digital sculpting, so it's really not so hard to just sculpt a new head, or fix the one they already made. It's just so frustrating that they go almost all the way and then go back with some figures.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:38 am

K_Steel wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 am
Baby Steps.

You'll get the definitive McF Batman (probably multiple) as the years go by. Batman will no doubt be the centerpiece of this line in the future.

At the very least, this is a significant improvement over the tiny head Detective Comics 1000 Batman.

Who wants to bet there will be a Blue/Gray variant of this figure.
Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:

I thought the proportions on this one were done reasonably well.

Still my personal favorite McF Bats. Though not a comics version.
Yeah this figure is my favorite too. Just standing there, he looks so badass. And he has great articulation as well.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics