McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:47 pm

I just finished reading the "Three Jokers" graphic novel earlier this week. I got it as a free Kindle download from Amazon Prime.

I thought the art was very nice and the story was OK. Nothing mind-blowing, but it was a decent Batman detective story. I hated the ending though.
► Show Spoiler
I'm not even really sure if this story was supposed to be canon, or more of an Elseworlds thing. If it were up to me I would definitely put it in the Elseworlds category.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:12 pm

It was going to be cannon and it switched to elseworlds. It’s black label.

The story for me was just okay too. It didn’t feel like it really covered new ground. The Jason Todd aspect…feels like we have already covered Batman’s relationship with Jason multiple times. Heck current comics were doing that as well.

It’s worth a read but definitely doesn’t land in my top Batman stories and I don’t see myself ever buying the graphic novel.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:40 pm

I tend to look at Geoff Johns stories in a macro context. It’s pretty clear he had an endgame for Rebirth that he never got to actuate. Including 3J and DDC. Lots of good stories left on the drawing board.

Be that as it may, Jason Todd is one of my favorite characters in the DCU. Certainly my favorite member of the Bat Family. And portraying him as a borderline psycho Punisher wannabe makes me cringe. Rubber bullets? Please. Bruce’s guilty conscience will never let him cut Jason loose entirely either despite the threats. And a romance with Babs? Completely and totally not her type. Red Hood and the Outlaws was one of my favorite DC comics of all time. I’ve read every issue. Fantastic, if somewhat dysfunctional team dynamic. I miss it a lot. Now Jason is leading the Zombie Suicide Squad. Without his guns. I’m hopeful. We’ll see.
Meauxses
CROM!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:15 pm

This Batman would be perfect except for those ears. Even Fabok doesn’t draw them that small. I’m sick of the Cat Man look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KNR
Customized

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:32 pm

I didn’t think I’d buy another Batman but Todd did it to me again. Gonna have to get this one and pick up one or two of the Jokers. I really like the one in the middle and then trench coat is just a classic.
As much as I like Red Hood I picked up the previous single release with the helmet and he’s pretty much perfect.
I was hopefully this Batgirl would blow me away and it’s so close. I don’t like the reuse here unfortunately. Love the head sculpt though. So this will be a buyers impulse if I see her in person maybe.
All around, a good bunch of figures. I love how Todd keeps improving with every reveal.
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:15 pm

I'm going to pick up the Joker that was on the left and stick a Nicholson head on it.
Jadeb
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Do we know for sure the Jokers are being sold as singles and not a set? Seems like a lot of the same character to have on pegs at once. I’d be interested in one but probably not all three.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:38 pm

I will not be surprised to see them split across retailers. One a walmart exclusive, one a target and the other general release.
Jadeb
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Magnuz wrote:
I will not be surprised to see them split across retailers. One a walmart exclusive, one a target and the other general release.
Yeah, that’s a good thought. Hope I can find the one I want.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:48 pm

Jadeb wrote:
Magnuz wrote:
Yeah, that’s a good thought. Hope I can find the one I want.
That sounds awful. Target’s exclusives sell out immediately half the time. And Walmart basically doesn’t fulfill preorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VictorD10010
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:02 pm

samhain2731 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:02 pm
Anyone edited black undies on that Batman yet? :lol:
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:09 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:02 pm
samhain2731 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:02 pm
Anyone edited black undies on that Batman yet? :lol:

:drool:

Perfection. This is what I want.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Everyone stop talking exclusives!!!! Let's live for a day with the fantasy that these will be available everywhere.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:30 pm

I wanted that Etrigan so bad :(

Going to get the armored McFarlane figure, it does look nice.. but I’m still bummed they cancelled this one. It looked perfect to me. Hopefully Todd will give us a classic version in his line.
MarvelElite
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:04 pm

Wouldn't be surprising if Three Jokers Bats ends up with a gold label edition with black undies, or an all black figure as a tribute to Batman 89.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”