McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:50 pm

Ninjak wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:40 pm
Megazarak wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:28 pm
Ninjak wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:13 pm
Pre-orders go up NEXT WEEK! Definitely in for the whole wave. (And then some).

I'm going to need multiples of that Batman. Hopefully he will be as abundant as most of the past Batman figures from this line.

I just did a comparison and that Batman is using the Thomas Wayne head. It's an exact match. I don't mind, but it's surprising for this line to reuse a head sculpt.
They are very similar, and it's hard to tell with the pic not being as high quality, but there do appear to be some differences, like no sculpted stubble, the lines to the sides of the mouth aren't as long, the eyes aren't as narrow. Could be they started with the same 3D head, then kinda aged him down a bit, and changed up a few of the details, added some texture, etc.

I don't know, not to argue the point, but I beg to differ. First of all the FP Batman does not have sculpted stubble. It's just painted on. That 3 Jokers figure even has the cleft in the chin like the FP Batman. I'm holding the FP figure in my hand and I'm 90% it's the same head. I could be wrong. Will need to see better pictures. But even if it is, I don't mind at all. It's a great head sculpt.
The 3J head has a sculpted leather texture. And the face is different. Very close but still different.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:52 pm

My mistake, the cowl scallops are in the comic. I didn’t remember them because the cape isn’t drawn functioning the same way the 89 cape worked. The 89 cape came almost completely around the front.

But the ears are definitely not close.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:56 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:42 pm
Batman’s cowl in the 3 jokers looks nothing like the 89 cowl. Ears are short, no scallops for the cape attachment. Doesn’t have hard angled eyebrows. The 89 cowl is huge. It’s like a helmet.

Definitely 89 vibes and scallops on the cape. Fabok is a big 89 fan, hence the belt, too. The head looks more like Jim Lee than Burton, but I was referring to the cowl piece sitting over the cape. To be fair, he draws it both ways in the comics, but that's the detail that really appealed to me when reading it.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:57 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:52 pm
My mistake, the cowl scallops are in the comic. I didn’t remember them because the cape isn’t drawn functioning the same way the 89 cape worked. The 89 cape came almost completely around the front.

But the ears are definitely not close.
Just saw you posted that. Yeah, the ears and head don't look like Burton at all.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:17 pm

This is a nice looking set. The "Comedian" Joker with the Hat/Trench Coat appeals to me most. As does Red Hood.
But Amazon spoiled that my wife got me the White Knight Joker for our anniversary next month. When the package arrived, she tired to hide it and said you know nothing about this. To which I responded, "Correct, about that package I know Jack."
Back to the 3J reveals. I like the Red Hood, it's a good design and the only McDC Red Hood I have so far is the Gold Label Unmasked version.
Not sure if I'm going to get all three Jokers or just maybe Comedian. I kinda planned on WK Joker being my main McDC Joker.
Will probably pick up Babs as well since she looks so good, and I came in late to the line.
Batman is leaving me flat for some reason. I don't have a "stadard" Batman in McDC yet, but also, I kinda don't want one. I have such an expansive DCUC (and related lines) collection, that standard and classic Batman are already kinda covered for me.
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:35 pm

Yeah, that Batman looks amazing. I'll be getting the whole line of Three Jokers and at least 2 of that Batman. I will say though...while I love the look, it doesn't really capture the Fabok art. He still looks too old. Was hoping for a bit better headsculpt.

It's still the best Batman in the line, by far, and I'll have a cloth/wired cape for one of those.

The clown Joker looks "meh" to me. It pretty much looks the same as the Criminal version...same face and hair. Definitely a bit disappointed in that figure. If I skip any, it'll be that one.

The Comedian looks menacing as hell. Easily the best looking figure from the previews. The new sculpted head and detail on Batgirl makes her a big enough upgrade over the previous one that I don't mind the reuse.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:43 pm

The Jokers are Todd stepping up his game. Shot across the bow to Mafex, Mezco, and the like. Not buying, but they’re exquisite. Red Hood is great, but without guns, he’s an easy pass. I also like Jason with the Bat on his chest. Batgirl is a definite pickup/replacement. Batman also leaves me a little flat. Dunno what it is. Just a tad generic to me. Maybe still my wave 1 replacement.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 am

All the Three Jokers figures look great. The Jokers themselves are the definite highlight, as they look incredible. But Batman, Batgirl, and Red Hood look really good too. I will definitely get the Jokers, and will most likely get Batman and Batgirl as well.

Red Hood I don't think I need. the one that already came out looks like what I want for a Red Hood figure. Plus, this version not having guns kind of sucks. It's still a cool looking figure, i just don't think I need it.
JD Stevens
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:09 am

I really hope it’s not hard to get all 3 Jokers and you can order each one on the preorders.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:16 am

Great looking wave I am for sure getting Batman, comedian joker and batgirl
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:33 am

Can this Batman kick his leg forward without his leg rotating outward?
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:34 am

The 3 Jokers line looks incredible as everyone else is saying. The only rain on the parade is no guns. Three Jokers (and a Red Hood), and not a gun among them. Are we just going to get crowbars from here on out? I'm really not a fan of WB.
kboe1313
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:42 am

I pre-ordered a couple of Valverse action force weapon packs for BBTS knowing I would need them for the DC stuff. I can't wait for Mcfarlane to make a two-face!
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 am

So were these the last remaining reveals from that initial list that was leaked back in June? The one where we first found out about Swamp Thing? What I mean is, could Swampy finally be about to get his figure revealed in the coming days?!?!
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:03 am

Believe that Swamp Thing and official photos of the Gotham Knights Nightwing/Red Hood are all that's missing from those reveals.

Trying to take a closer look at that Batman - is the cowl the same piece as the neck? Please tell me Todd didn't make that mistake with another Batman figure.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”