McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Ultramane
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:28 pm

that poster is always upset about something. just ignore it
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:19 pm

Meauxses wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 am
Kenobi wrote:I’m not trying to start anything. I just want to understand why that would be offensive. That image is on all types of things, who cares if it is on an action figure.
If it IS Christ, then the notion of it being upside down reminds Christians of the Satanic symbolism of the inverted cross. While St. Peter was crucified upside down, that was by his own request as he felt unworthy to die as Jesus did.

As for it not being Jesus, that’s a ridiculous notion. The Order of St. Dumas was always a schismatic Catholic order. Denny O’Neil was a Catholic. It’s definitely Christ.

Does it matter if anyone’s offended by it? Nah, why would it? It’s only Christians being offended. They’re easy targets and who cares if they’re offended, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You probably don't care and don't want to hear it, but I'm catholic and I find no problem with a cross being on the sword. It makes sense, if Azrael is religious he would make a sword with a cross. The figure also has a rosary in his belt, and he has an angel wing motif in his shoulder armor (or what else could it be?). I don't find it offensive or anything. Of course I'm not the only religious person in the world, so.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:33 pm

Yeah I grew up Greek Orthodox and I don't see a problem with it.

misterskeezler on Instagram

Meauxses
CROM!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:33 am

Kenobi wrote:
Meauxses wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 am
Kenobi wrote:I’m not trying to start anything. I just want to understand why that would be offensive. That image is on all types of things, who cares if it is on an action figure.
If it IS Christ, then the notion of it being upside down reminds Christians of the Satanic symbolism of the inverted cross. While St. Peter was crucified upside down, that was by his own request as he felt unworthy to die as Jesus did.

As for it not being Jesus, that’s a ridiculous notion. The Order of St. Dumas was always a schismatic Catholic order. Denny O’Neil was a Catholic. It’s definitely Christ.

Does it matter if anyone’s offended by it? Nah, why would it? It’s only Christians being offended. They’re easy targets and who cares if they’re offended, right?

Huh. Things I learned. Didn’t know any of it. I’m not a very religious person so was curious. Thank you for the answer.
You’re welcome.

PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:41 am

So the white costumed “Hot Pursuit” Flash is out for delivery today, but the Dr Fate and unmasked Shriek that were also supposed to arrive today from Amazon haven’t even shipped yet. This has been happening more and more to me with Amazon.

Flash arrived.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:45 am

Yeah, looks like my unmasked Shriek hasn't shipped yet as well.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:37 pm

PJ wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:41 am
So the white costumed “Hot Pursuit” Flash is out for delivery today, but the Dr Fate and unmasked Shriek that were also supposed to arrive today from Amazon haven’t even shipped yet. This has been happening more and more to me with Amazon.

Same. My Amazon Dr. Fate order says "Arriving Today by 10pm", but it still hasn't even shipped. So I don't see how that's going to happen. :?

On the upside, my King Shark has actually shipped from Walmart and is supposed to arrive by Thursday. Fingers crossed.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:56 pm

My Dr Fate shipped and will be here today.

No shipping on Shriek yet.
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Roufuss wrote:My Dr Fate shipped and will be here today.

I ordered Dr Fate from Amazon and was expecting him to show up today, but then had to approve a shipping delay out to Sep.

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:23 pm

CO_Alex wrote:
Roufuss wrote:My Dr Fate shipped and will be here today.

I ordered Dr Fate from Amazon and was expecting him to show up today, but then had to approve a shipping delay out to Sep.

There is no rhyme or reason to Amazon these days sadly.

My Dr Fate is now out for delivery for Amazon right now! It shipped this morning from a facility maybe 20 minutes from me.

Looks like unmasked Shriek will likely get delayed though.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 pm

Mine came yesterday. Great figure, but I need to track down some ML magic effects for him.

misterskeezler on Instagram

Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:38 pm

DKR Batman and the Hal/Dawn Breaker 2-pack have a delivery window of Aug 4-9. No shipping notice, no delivery notice, no delay/cancellation notice. Coming from Target. In the meantime, DKR Bats is showing up at both Target and Wal-Mart.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:05 pm

Yea, I found DKR Bats at a Wal-Mart this weekend at Oregon. Rang up 15.88, which was nice.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:35 pm

CO_Alex wrote:

Same thing just happened to me. Had to approve a delay up to September. First time I've had to do that with Amazon. (Happens to me with Target on almost every pre-order).

Very deflating. I had a super rough week last week, and an even rougher weekend. My A/C broke down on a day when it was over 100 degrees, and I had to have it fixed. Not cheap. Then Friday I had to take my mom to pick up my dad's ashes from the funeral home. Not fun. Then my dog got really sick Saturday night and all day Sunday, so I had to take her to the vet yesterday. Not fun or cheap. (She's fine now, btw). So, I was looking forward to having something good actually happen today to maybe bring the tiniest bit of joy (no matter how small). But no. :(
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:57 pm

My Dr Fate has just been pushed back to September 10 according to the Delay Approval email I received at noon. Shriek now says tomorrow so we’ll see as it hasn’t shipped yet.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”