McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:40 am

anthonywayne wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:32 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:05 am
And as much as I’m not into collecting nostalgia based figures, Todd doing Knightfall, Reign of the Supermen, and Kingdom Come, over in DCD with Multiverse articulation and scale would be a game changer.
Don't forget Multiverse construction and plastic quality...
Yep. Plastic is the key. Can’t do brittle anymore.
Stormbreaker1
HULK SMASH!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:52 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:05 am
Spawn tempts me a lot. It’s where I started collecting figures as an adult. But I think I’m gonna have to resist for now. I’ve been buying a lot of new DC comics and DC trades lately, plus Todd says dozens and dozens of DC figures are on the way. So as cool as Redeemer and Gunslinger are, I think I’m passing. DC stuff takes priority.

And as much as I’m not into collecting nostalgia based figures, Todd doing Knightfall, Reign of the Supermen, and Kingdom Come, over in DCD with Multiverse articulation and scale would be a game changer.
I’ve never been into Spawn one bit, but I have to say that I’m tempted to get a Redeemer figure just to display with my McFarlane Toys Azrael and upcoming Suit of Sorrows Azrael. Maybe. :)

I’d love a classic comic book Azrael and Az-Bats (original and upgraded armor) from McFarlane.
Along with that Elseworlds Saint Batman Azrael.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:15 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm
we got a video from from about the new e-store starting on 8/4.
Is it me or does Todd look way older than he did before? Maybe he normal tints his greys?
jaygarrick1940
Super Poseable

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:42 pm

spinc wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:15 am
NEW BATMAN wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm
we got a video from from about the new e-store starting on 8/4.
Is it me or does Todd look way older than he did before? Maybe he normal tints his greys?
Maybe he's a repainted variant or an alternate head sculpt with a goatee. LOL
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Kenobi wrote:
MagnusPrimal wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:53 pm
Seamus McSuperfly wrote:Every time I look at Azrael, I remember that they stuck Christ on the cross on his sword hilt, and I wonder how they got away with that.
Yeah, that does seem as if it has real potential to be offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is offensive about it? It is a comic character toy. Can’t imagine who would cry over it.

Figure looks badass. My Azrael collection is growing. Feel like Todd released more of him than other company did combined.
The image of a crucified Christ on the toy?

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:29 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:56 pm
What looks like a variant of Batman Beyond is also showing up at Target.

Weird how this variant was never found again outside of these initial sightings. And no pictures of it outside of the box?
MrImpossible
Avengers Assemble

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 pm

I don’t wanna res the Merciless thread and give people false hopes, but I went in a Target run and they had a few of the battle-damaged Axeman. Might wanna go check and see if your stores received any!

I’m also not sure if this is news or not, but eh.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:05 pm

Cool thanks for the heads up. Yeah we heard about this new repaint Batman a while back.
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:00 am

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Kenobi wrote:
MagnusPrimal wrote:

What is offensive about it? It is a comic character toy. Can’t imagine who would cry over it.

Figure looks badass. My Azrael collection is growing. Feel like Todd released more of him than other company did combined.
The image of a crucified Christ on the toy?

What is exactly offensive about it?

Longbowhunter wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:19 pm
Kenobi wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:04 pm
MagnusPrimal wrote:

You really dont see how someone could see that as offensive and complain? Anytime you put any kind of religious iconography on a toy,someone somewhere will absolutely have a shitfit about it. Wasnt that long ago that Todds SPAWN figures were banned from being sold in Wal-Mart because of parental complaints.
No. What is exactly offensive about it?
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:03 am

Don't try and start a thing about something I said offhand like three days ago, dude. I know you've got something better to do.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 am

I’m not trying to start anything. I just want to understand why that would be offensive. That image is on all types of things, who cares if it is on an action figure.
Meauxses
CROM!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 am

Kenobi wrote:I’m not trying to start anything. I just want to understand why that would be offensive. That image is on all types of things, who cares if it is on an action figure.
If it IS Christ, then the notion of it being upside down reminds Christians of the Satanic symbolism of the inverted cross. While St. Peter was crucified upside down, that was by his own request as he felt unworthy to die as Jesus did.

As for it not being Jesus, that’s a ridiculous notion. The Order of St. Dumas was always a schismatic Catholic order. Denny O’Neil was a Catholic. It’s definitely Christ.

Does it matter if anyone’s offended by it? Nah, why would it? It’s only Christians being offended. They’re easy targets and who cares if they’re offended, right?

Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:31 am

Now you're being weird.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:22 am

Meauxses wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 am
Kenobi wrote:I’m not trying to start anything. I just want to understand why that would be offensive. That image is on all types of things, who cares if it is on an action figure.
If it IS Christ, then the notion of it being upside down reminds Christians of the Satanic symbolism of the inverted cross. While St. Peter was crucified upside down, that was by his own request as he felt unworthy to die as Jesus did.

As for it not being Jesus, that’s a ridiculous notion. The Order of St. Dumas was always a schismatic Catholic order. Denny O’Neil was a Catholic. It’s definitely Christ.

Does it matter if anyone’s offended by it? Nah, why would it? It’s only Christians being offended. They’re easy targets and who cares if they’re offended, right?

Huh. Things I learned. Didn’t know any of it. I’m not a very religious person so was curious. Thank you for the answer.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Meauxses wrote:

They get offended over everything, though, I don't see the big deal about it. Very fragile for people who are supposedly so certain about a belief system.

Kind of a weird way to end your response to someone's question though, wasn't it? Unless you were being sarcastic lol But it seemed like you were a bit triggered there. Did you need a hug or something? Image

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”