McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:27 pm

Every time it looks as if Todd is going to financially ruin me, he pulls back. I thought we were getting a 100% new tool Bane at the price point of 40 bucks. I was also convinced that the silver Azrael was gonna be the 90’s Knightfall Azbats armor. Oh well.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 pm

Not too bothered by the Bane being a straight re-release and a standalone exclusive. I already got him, but for others that want him great

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Garlador
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:27 pm
Every time it looks as if Todd is going to financially ruin me, he pulls back. I thought we were getting a 100% new tool Bane at the price point of 40 bucks. I was also convinced that the silver Azrael was gonna be the 90’s Knightfall Azbats armor. Oh well.
McFarlane really seems to do version of characters that haven't had a lot of toy representation in the past, so I sort of expected it to just be a repaint. At best, I thought he might do the Dark Multiverse Saint Batman version.

I guess we have to rely on Mafex for our Knightfall fix.
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:46 am

Todd has really lost me these last few months. If it weren’t for the GameStop sale, my last purchase would be sometime back in May I believe. Even the new Death Metal wave I haven’t even bothered to buy yet. Weak SDCC. My only real hope is the Three Jokers stuff.

Some of his choices are just dumb. The Silver Turd. A re-release of a Bane, not even a re-paint, but a straight up re-release? Was it THAT popular? Most everything I’ve seen were complaints about the engineering, movement, and color. We wanted a classic comic Bane, not this one. Ironically enough I just got in the wave from GameStop so will be opening it up later tonight. Probably paid the price for the entire wave as this re-release will be too lol.

I really want to see more classic heroes and villains. I hope these comic adaptions like Last Knight and White Knight will shift to DC Direct and Todd’s focus is on more traditional releases. I’d love to have a Legion of Doom, a completed JL lineup, more Bat-Villains, a better traditional Batman and Superman, a properly scaled Batgirl...
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:11 am

Tbh I get he wants to do his own thing and do new and things he wants to do but how do we not have a WW to go with the Batman and Superman. I love a lot of the stuff he does but you would think there would be a bit more of a balance
KNR
Customized

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 am

As someone who didn’t cash in on the entire Last Knight on Earth wave because even though the figures looked cool, I didn’t really need/want them.
I did however want the Bane until I saw the engineering problems he had.
If they fix those issues, then I’m happy about this rerelease.
It also makes sense to try to get extra money out of the figure this way that otherwise he wouldn’t of received. Just helps fund the new tooling for other characters.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:10 pm

KNR wrote:
As someone who didn’t cash in on the entire Last Knight on Earth wave because even though the figures looked cool, I didn’t really need/want them.
It also makes sense to try to get extra money out of the figure this way that otherwise he wouldn’t of received. Just helps fund the new tooling for other characters.
I’d be ok with a problematic Bane if it was flesh colored,I don’t really do extreme poses!
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:23 pm

MarvelElite wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:02 pm
I think we can take them re-releasing a stand alone Bane as a sign they're doing away with BAFs.

I think McFarlane realized the issues that Bane Baf had. Not to mention they can make more money selling deluxe and megafigs at $30-$40.
I hope so, and I hope Hasbro follows that trend if it's the case. They've been done to death, and feels entirely like a marketing/sales method now. Most collectors I talk to are relieved when a BAF comes out that the feel they can pass on (and I feel the same way).
KNR
Customized

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:56 pm

BruceKent wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:10 pm
KNR wrote:
I’d be ok with a problematic Bane if it was flesh colored,I don’t really do extreme poses!
Word. As long as I can pose him holding a Batman over his head, I’d be happy.
KvHulk
HULK SMASH!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 pm

I'd be fine with BAF going away. It's just a ploy to get us to buy undesirable figures anyway.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:30 pm

Wasn’t sure where to put this. Might be old news but,

Saw these at Walmart today. Just one each on the pegs.

Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:40 pm

Every time I look at Azrael, I remember that they stuck Christ on the cross on his sword hilt, and I wonder how they got away with that.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm

we got a video from from about the new e-store starting on 8/4.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:53 pm

Seamus McSuperfly wrote:Every time I look at Azrael, I remember that they stuck Christ on the cross on his sword hilt, and I wonder how they got away with that.
Yeah, that does seem as if it has real potential to be offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gettogaara
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:57 pm

Anyone else's John Stewart come with construct armor that doesn't fit properly over the symbol? I'm not even sure if it's warped or was just cut wrong. I heated the armor up and attached it to the symbol, hoping it would stay in place, but it had detached itself by the time I looked at the figure again an hour later. I know I could always just display him without it, but is there any fix for this short of just buying a new one?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”