McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:13 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:59 am
Wasn’t there supposed to be some sort of DC related news/announcement too? Where’d that go?
Summer Showcase promised nothing ahead of time other than upcoming news. With today being just Avatar, I wonder if tomorrow will be just Batman '66. We really got spoiled from that one 'McFarlane Con' where we got a new announcement every hour.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:20 am

No. I meant an announcement related to DC he teased a few months back. Nothing came of that. So far.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:35 am

Hm, do you have the quote or post or whatever it was? Was it very specific? Otherwise, if it was a few months back, I assume it could have been any number of announcements we've had since then.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:42 am
Great work! Did you use DCC Diggle's hands for Green Lantern?

misterskeezler on Instagram
Thanks. No, just some random hands I've painted brown.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:45 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:35 am
Hm, do you have the quote or post or whatever it was? Was it very specific? Otherwise, if it was a few months back, I assume it could have been any number of announcements we've had since then.
No. I just remember it seems like it was fairly big and not specific to any particular wave. It caused me to speculate on a second, parallel scale.

Other speculation was that the rumored license extension/expansion would be formally announced. Someone, maverick I think, suggested that Todd and DC have made a deal with Diamond to produce exclusive items for comic shops. I guess it could actually be Batman ‘66. But I personally don’t think it’s that. Who knows really?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:15 pm

I can’t remember where it was posted either. It was all vague and we all had our theories. There were also rumors that the license had been extended.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:20 pm

Bit of a late question, but the animated Cyborg figure....what's up with his abs?

On all the figures I've seen in stores, it looks like his abs are slanted/curved one way instead of straight....and they're just a flat silver rectangle with a vertical line going through them. How could they mess that up?

....or does the articulation help you align it properly once out of package...?
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:24 pm

DisneyBoy wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:20 pm
Bit of a late question, but the animated Cyborg figure....what's up with his abs?

On all the figures I've seen in stores, it looks like his abs are slanted/curved one way instead of straight....and they're just a flat silver rectangle with a vertical line going through them. How could they mess that up?

....or does the articulation help you align it properly once out of package...?
Yeah, don't worry. If it's anything like other figures, the stomach should be a separate piece with articulation points on both ends.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 pm

Confirming that it is one ball at the bottom and one in the mid torso. Any slant you see from it in package can easily be rectified.
Meauxses
CROM!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 pm

I wonder if McFarlane and other companies could get around the gun issue by making them bright orange and yellow. Collectors could easily paint them and everyone would win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about the same thing, especially with that green minigun GL got.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm

I concur there.

'66 Batman looks really nice in my opinion. Not something I plan to collect, but makes me wonder what else we could see in a "retro" lineup.

I expect a "Sexy Spawn Sunday" tomorrow. Probably have to wait a month for all the great DC stuff that's been hinted or leaked.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Not gonna lie, so far the McFarlane "Summer Showcase" has been a pretty big letdown. With all the hype beforehand, I was really hoping for some major Multiverse love, but… no.

One full day of Avatar and one full day of Batman '66 is not really much of "Showcase". Not interested in either of those properties myself. Saturday is usually the biggest day of a weekend show like this, so I'm not holding out much hope of really see anything of interest to me before it ends tomorrow. Unless they bust out all the DC stuff on Sunday. We'll see.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:58 am

The Batcave looks nice as do the figures and Bat Car.

And Todd’s great in his enthusiasm for these as well as his keeping the costs low for us consumers.

I also second wanting other playsets like

A Fortress of Solitude
Legion of Doom Head Quarters ship
Hall of Justice
Titans Tower
Apokolips Set
OA
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:00 am

I don't really expect anything besides SPAWN tomorrow. Hell maybe DC Monday. Marketing has never been Todd's forte and I'm all good with that as long as the core product kicks ass. That's his focus and as it should be. Legends has marketing down pat, but the figures are normally what we've seen before and in my case nothing I want to buy more often than not.

McFarlane's actual releases are becoming almost "event-like" with how impressive the figures are. IF he just drops a SPAWN pic like a few Sundays ago or Armored Batman like Monday and these shows are meh then no big deal where I'm concerned.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”