McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:52 pm

NorrinRadd wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:26 pm
drkknght64 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 am
The gun ban on a 7inch action figure is just nonsense. I am not collecting the Suicide Squad movie figures because of the nonsense. I will not be getting the unmasked Red Hood because of the nonsense. If Mr. Freeze comes without his freeze gun then I will quit the line. I don't deal with nonsense anymore and to me this is just nonsense. If you want to have debate about it then you will be debating to the wind. I don't debate and not when it comes to nonsense.
Gettin’ your inner Howard Beale on = top notch pandemic therapy.

Yeah, I don't know what you are referring to but should I even care.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:11 pm

drkknght64 wrote:

Only if you want to, sir. No dis intended on my part. I was pretty much just acknowledging that it’s human to vent frustrations.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:16 pm

KNR wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:13 am
Sorry to interrupt the exciting fun topic.
But does anyone think people will want the Superman from the 2-pack?
I bought the 2-pack since I couldn’t find a single Devastator. But I don’t need the variant Superman so I’m thinking about trying to sell him. But not really sure if there would be a demand at all.
I think you'll at least be able to get your money back. I've been hunting for a core Superman and will probably end up buying the two pack. (I'll keep Devastator since I'm short on villains to display the heroes with in my very low-key McF collection at the moment, but it makes more money sense to get the two pack than pay more than MSRP for a standalone Supes.)
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:26 pm

I picked up the 2-pack because I wanted the alternate head and the Superman body to customize. I definitely think you'll find a buyer.
ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:29 pm

For sure. AC1000 is a bit of an unheralded good Superman. It's not as good as we deserve, but it is beautiful in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing this "Rebirth Superman" that's rumored.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Well, Deathstroke has his own comic again as of September. In pro wrestling parlance, it seems he makes a bit of a “face turn”.

The cover of issue #1 has him cleaning the blood from his sword using Batman’s cape and cowl. No guns on the cover. Maybe WM/DC is taking away his guns in the comics too. Or making it easier on licensors. Like Todd.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:59 pm

Okay, time for some pics.

A bunch of the newer figures have finally reached my part of the world, so I picked up a few - namely Injustice Grodd and Flash, Bizarro, John Stewart and Death Metal WW.

Flash and Grodd are beautifully sculpted and articulated. Look pretty good even with the limited paint aps they received but knowing myself, I'll add some details and shading to both of them. I've seen what people have done with those figures online. Oh, and I still think Grodd is fine height wise, don't need him to be taller or bigger myself.

Had to bash Bizarro and Infected Supes together, like a bunch of people already did before me.

Alright, wow, John is now my favorite MickDick. Such a freaking beautiful toy! I knew from the start that I'd love the cool Alien-esque costume details but damn, they're even better in hand. If only he wasn't so pin headed he'd be a perfect 10 in my eyes.
I had to tinker with him a bit, though, ended up giving him ungloved hands.

Wonder Woman is another spectacular action figure. I don't even know what I could say about her besides "damn, niiiice". I wouldn't be myself if I didn't customize her at least a bit, though :lol:

And here's how my main JL lineup looks at the moment. Definitely need Todd to give me a new MM and Hawkgirl.
KNR
Customized

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 pm

Thanks guys for the responses about Superman!
In Canada I picked up the two-pack for 50$. So I think ill just sell Superman alone in the package for 25$.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 pm

NorrinRadd wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:11 pm
drkknght64 wrote:

Only if you want to, sir. No dis intended on my part. I was pretty much just acknowledging that it’s human to vent frustrations.
My apologies. Honestly, I didn't know.

It is frustrating to say the least.
However as many of you have pointed out there are plenty more of DC Comics characters McFarlane can produce who don't carry guns.
I am still looking forward to those figures who have been rumored and hopefully will be presented in the near future.
Ultramane
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:19 pm

i didn't read the red hood book it's based on, but unmasked comes with three accurate accessories right? i don't think the gun ban matters there. probably wouldn't have had them anyway
bat1975
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:53 pm

Well, based on what Todd posted on IG, looks like tomorrow is all about the '66 figures. Hopefully Sunday is for the Multiverse line?
TheMadcapLaughs
Customized

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:12 am

Between today's showcase being Avatar and tomorrow's being Batman '66, I feel like this "Summer Showcase" is just going to information/pre-orders on things he's already shown. I doubt we'll see any new Multiverse stuff
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:42 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:Okay, time for some pics.

A bunch of the newer figures have finally reached my part of the world, so I picked up a few - namely Injustice Grodd and Flash, Bizarro, John Stewart and Death Metal WW.

Flash and Grodd are beautifully sculpted and articulated. Look pretty good even with the limited paint aps they received but knowing myself, I'll add some details and shading to both of them. I've seen what people have done with those figures online. Oh, and I still think Grodd is fine height wise, don't need him to be taller or bigger myself.

Had to bash Bizarro and Infected Supes together, like a bunch of people already did before me.

Alright, wow, John is now my favorite MickDick. Such a freaking beautiful toy! I knew from the start that I'd love the cool Alien-esque costume details but damn, they're even better in hand. If only he wasn't so pin headed he'd be a perfect 10 in my eyes.
I had to tinker with him a bit, though, ended up giving him ungloved hands.

Wonder Woman is another spectacular action figure. I don't even know what I could say about her besides "damn, niiiice". I wouldn't be myself if I didn't customize her at least a bit, though Image

And here's how my main JL lineup looks at the moment. Definitely need Todd to give me a new MM and Hawkgirl.
Great work! Did you use DCC Diggle's hands for Green Lantern?

misterskeezler on Instagram

maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:27 am

Yeah the multiverse stuff might just be pre-orders. But…we still haven’t seen good pics of king Shazam and etrigan so we have at least that look forward too. Suicide squad has also just been the one promo pic. No detailed ordering pics.

I’m assuming spawn is happening at some point this weekend too.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:59 am

Wasn’t there supposed to be some sort of DC related news/announcement too? Where’d that go?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”