McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
JOExHIGASHI
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:09 am

Ninjak wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 pm
The last thing I'm going to say on the whole gun ban thing is that I can really see the tough position Warner Brothers is in with this issue.

I mean what if a kid is outside playing with his Red Hood action figure and he's holding his 7-inch scale toy gun, and a cop accidentally mistakes it for a real gun, and then…well you know what could happen.

Then WB, AT&T, DC, and Todd could be facing some serious lawsuits in that situation. So I think they're doing the right thing by playing it close to the vest here. Better safe than sorry I always say. But that's just my opinion.
Another problem I see with realistic guns is they can be used in armed robberies. Even though it's not real using a plastic gun still counts as armed robbery. And then WB would be in big trouble if they were creating easily accessible realistic looking guns. The unrealistic ones are actually worse since they look more intimidating like Mr Freeze's gun
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 am

The gun ban on a 7inch action figure is just nonsense. I am not collecting the Suicide Squad movie figures because of the nonsense. I will not be getting the unmasked Red Hood because of the nonsense. If Mr. Freeze comes without his freeze gun then I will quit the line. I don't deal with nonsense anymore and to me this is just nonsense. If you want to have debate about it then you will be debating to the wind. I don't debate and not when it comes to nonsense.
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:06 am

You heard it here first!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

markhamknight
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 am

I still want comic Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Black Adam, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Wally West, Aquaman, Mera, Superboy, Supergirl/Power Girl, Starfire, Zatanna, Constantine, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Static, Icon, Rocket, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, Sinestro, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Catwoman, Brainiac, Doomsday, Mongul, Metallo, Zod, Parasite, Cyborg Superman, Desaad, Granny Goodness, Kalibak, Anti-Monitor, Trigon, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Man-Bat, Ares, Circe, Cheetah, Giganta, Black Manta, Oceanmaster, Grundy, Sivana, Amazo, Vandal Savage, Ra's Al Ghul, Lady Shiva, etc... People act like we can't have GREAT figures to round out the collection during this gun ban.
jaygarrick1940
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:39 am

I don’t know if I’m reading the posts wrong about the no gun issue but it seems people are upset over something that hasn’t happened. I understand having a problem with a figure that should have a firearm not come with one, but people seem upset over characters with firearms not getting made that have never been announced that they will be made. Black Mask and Deadshot may not ever be made by McFarlane Toys and have nothing to do with the firearm issue. But there are plenty of figures without firearms that can be made like Hawkman, Martian Manhunter or Ragman.

So far, McFarlane has made more figures without firearms than with them. The figures with firearms that come to mind are Harley Quinn, Flashpoint Batman, Masked Red Hood, Grim Knight, Deathstroke (molded to his body), the various Jokers and even that Batman/Joker hybrid Batman Beyond BAF thing has a gun for an arm.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:46 am

Vigilante
Mr Freeze
Sgt Rock
Sandman
Heatwave
Captain Cold

Those are the main characters I’d want that have guns and out of those Mr Freeze is my most wanted from Todd style.

But WB and the Gun ban need banning.
KNR
Customized

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:13 am

Sorry to interrupt the exciting fun topic.
But does anyone think people will want the Superman from the 2-pack?
I bought the 2-pack since I couldn’t find a single Devastator. But I don’t need the variant Superman so I’m thinking about trying to sell him. But not really sure if there would be a demand at all.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:35 am

Visionary wrote:Vigilante
Mr Freeze
Sgt Rock
Sandman
Heatwave
Captain Cold

Those are the main characters I’d want that have guns and out of those Mr Freeze is my most wanted from Todd style.

But WB and the Gun ban need banning.
Don't forget Kamandi! He's all about those guns. And jorts. But mostly guns.
JOExHIGASHI
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 pm

KNR wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:13 am
Sorry to interrupt the exciting fun topic.
But does anyone think people will want the Superman from the 2-pack?
I bought the 2-pack since I couldn’t find a single Devastator. But I don’t need the variant Superman so I’m thinking about trying to sell him. But not really sure if there would be a demand at all.
Superman has gone up in value so probably.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Looks like avatar is on the docket for today.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:52 pm

jaygarrick1940 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:39 am
I don’t know if I’m reading the posts wrong about the no gun issue but it seems people are upset over something that hasn’t happened. I understand having a problem with a figure that should have a firearm not come with one, but people seem upset over characters with firearms not getting made that have never been announced that they will be made. Black Mask and Deadshot may not ever be made by McFarlane Toys and have nothing to do with the firearm issue. But there are plenty of figures without firearms that can be made like Hawkman, Martian Manhunter or Ragman.

So far, McFarlane has made more figures without firearms than with them. The figures with firearms that come to mind are Harley Quinn, Flashpoint Batman, Masked Red Hood, Grim Knight, Deathstroke (molded to his body), the various Jokers and even that Batman/Joker hybrid Batman Beyond BAF thing has a gun for an arm.
But it has happened,unmasked Red Hood doesn’t even have holsters to use you’re own guns!
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Mr Freeze will come with a gun surely. Unless I am mistaken he chosen source of inflicting pain hasn't been invented and is fictional. Honestly offers McF to go to town on the Freeze "Gun". Its about as much a gun as a nerf.

I get it about realistic guns, this day and age and all that. As collectors there are ways around it we all know that, 3rd party weapons packs and probably just by digging through our own accessory stores. I know I have a bunch that that never get displayed.

Sgt Rock or Unknown soldier would be pretty silly not coming with a fire arm but having said that 'if' those 2 figures are ever solicited I will be so giddy I couldn't care less about the gun or lack there of.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:26 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 am
The gun ban on a 7inch action figure is just nonsense. I am not collecting the Suicide Squad movie figures because of the nonsense. I will not be getting the unmasked Red Hood because of the nonsense. If Mr. Freeze comes without his freeze gun then I will quit the line. I don't deal with nonsense anymore and to me this is just nonsense. If you want to have debate about it then you will be debating to the wind. I don't debate and not when it comes to nonsense.
Gettin’ your inner Howard Beale on = top notch pandemic therapy.

Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:44 pm

Someone needs to prune the gun debate out into its own thread.....
nando820
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Magnuz wrote:Someone needs to prune the gun debate out into its own thread.....
Agreed!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”