McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Those definitely would have been at the bottom of my list to pick-up first but I get it....a deal's a deal sometimes. DC1000 Batman isn't a bad figure he just has a mediocre head.

John Stewart is one of my favorite figures in this line.
scottwerdal
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 pm

maverick10126 wrote:Those definitely would have been at the bottom of my list to pick-up first but I get it....a deal's a deal sometimes. DC1000 Batman isn't a bad figure he just has a mediocre head.

I feel like we haven’t gotten the definitive Batman yet, but I do like the bulk and grittiness of the Todd design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maverick10126

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:39 pm

scottwerdal wrote:
maverick10126 wrote:Those definitely would have been at the bottom of my list to pick-up first but I get it....a deal's a deal sometimes. DC1000 Batman isn't a bad figure he just has a mediocre head.

I feel like we haven’t gotten the definitive Batman yet, but I do like the bulk and grittiness of the Todd design.

I'm a fan of Metal Batman as the standard Batman for the line. I'm also pretty partial to the Rebirth suit.

We have the Three Jokers Fabok Batman coming which could be it for a lot of people.
Mysticmanjrf1
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
scottwerdal wrote:

I'm a fan of Metal Batman as the standard Batman for the line. I'm also pretty partial to the Rebirth suit.

We have the Three Jokers Fabok Batman coming which could be it for a lot of people.
I am one of those people. Can't wait for Fabok Batman. Favorite artist and one of my favorite costumes. Will be buying 2 and swapping a spare set of black trunks from Arkham Asylum Batman onto one of them.

The awful neck piece/lack of head articulation initially killed that Rebirth Batman figure for me. It just looks terrible outside of a couple of bland poses. An Arkham Asylum Batman cowl (cut down to fit the neck) and a Death Metal Bats head really changed the figure. Will take a pic once I get a better cape.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:18 am

The only character where the gun ban thing is irritating to me is Bloodsport since literally his whole thing is using guns. But oh well I'm sure I can just swap someone else's guns onto him.

Hoping we see Etrigan and that he comes with a sword since this is his Demon Knights look. King Shazam should be fun too.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 am

Mysticmanjrf1 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
scottwerdal wrote:

I am one of those people. Can't wait for Fabok Batman. Favorite artist and one of my favorite costumes. Will be buying 2 and swapping a spare set of black trunks from Arkham Asylum Batman onto one of them.

The awful neck piece/lack of head articulation initially killed that Rebirth Batman figure for me. It just looks terrible outside of a couple of bland poses. An Arkham Asylum Batman cowl (cut down to fit the neck) and a Death Metal Bats head really changed the figure. Will take a pic once I get a better cape.
That first Rebirth Batman figure is ass.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:05 am

Armored Batman made my day on Monday - he really impressed me more than that original leaked look. Just very impressive.

I had no idea about the gun ban - mind numbingly stupid - action figures with guns, whose audience is largely adult - have no affect on real world events for God's sake. Ironically Clown has crazy guns and looks amazing. If this reduces our possibilities for Deathstroke and Deadshot then it really sucks.

In any case it's looking like I'm in for everything from now until December (?) no idea on release dates, but this DC wave, the leaked lists, SPAWN and Warhammer are all Gold for me. I'm excluding the movie stuff.

I don't think we see SPAWN Wave 2 this weekend, but maybe the new Kickstarter and perhaps a proto tease of something else. I will preorder Wave 1.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 pm

The last thing I'm going to say on the whole gun ban thing is that I can really see the tough position Warner Brothers is in with this issue.

I mean what if a kid is outside playing with his Red Hood action figure and he's holding his 7-inch scale toy gun, and a cop accidentally mistakes it for a real gun, and then…well you know what could happen.

Then WB, AT&T, DC, and Todd could be facing some serious lawsuits in that situation. So I think they're doing the right thing by playing it close to the vest here. Better safe than sorry I always say. But that's just my opinion.
Nik
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:50 pm

That is some top-level, deadpan satire there. Bravo.
anthonywayne
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:09 pm

Reminds me of some classic Carlin from the 80's:

"Now they're gonna ban toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE [email protected]#$ REAL ONES!"
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:12 pm

I'm pretty sure the issue is less the worry that kids will be killed and more trying to distance themselves from the seemingly constant stream of shootings we're hearing about every week now. Which is still dumb, but WB did the same thing after the Aurora massacre. They edited the Batman cartoon that was set to air at the time to remove all the realistic handguns, which was similarly a silly overreaction.

Marvel Legends has been slowly skirting that line as well the last few years, but they still do allow realistic guns from time to time and even when they don't, those are usually at least replaced with sci-fi guns as a compromise. WB making Todd ditch any sort of firearms period seems extreme.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eventually they will let up....I think....some things are just too dumb to last. So focus on characters with swords or axes - Hawkman comes to mind. Looking forward to this weekend.
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:22 pm

The gun ban is goofy, but I can't be that bothered when 3rd party sellers are doing better work on ebay and Instagram and such.

I've honestly thought that most of the McDC guns have been pretty bad, in terms of size and sculpt. Thomas Wayne's pistols have been the only exception.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

maverick10126

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:35 pm

There's really only so many characters that I'd care about actually having them so it's not a big loss. I'm glad they got out Helmet Red Hood and Flashpoint Batman when they did as the double handguns are pretty key to their looks.

Deathstroke I was fine with him coming with a sword. Getting into other characters like Deadshot and so forth...well, there should be guns around that I can borrow from. GI Joe is still putting out guns with their figures.

But yes, plenty of figures that don't use guns to be made. I mean, all of the Justice League to start. I can't wait for Todd's Hawkman, that thing is going to be beefy and awesome.

I'm just wondering what's going to happen with the Mafex Hush figure. Those are going to be some pissed off customers at $100 for that figure. "$100 action figure! Accessories sold separately!" lol.

Can't wait for tomorrow! But who knows when we will get DC reveals, it's not an all DC event. Either way....I'll just be happy if I hear "looking super cool."
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:30 am

Hush is a problem. Deathstroke is a problem. Jonah Hex is a problem. A lot of guys here have mentioned Grifter. Grifter is a bum in a red mask without guns.

There are a lot of characters who don’t stand a chance of being made. Like Vigilante I and Vigilante II. Or Warlord. Who does carry a sidearm. But for most heroes that stand any chance of getting made, it’s a non issue.

But it’s the villains where this falls apart. Black Mask. Penguin. His umbrella is a machine gun. Captain Cold, Heatwave, and Mr. Freeze have all been mentioned, but there’s loads more. This is gonna bite ‘em.

On another note, I’m also jazzed for this weekend. I’d like to think Todd leads with DC, but it’s his biggest license so I think he holds out for Sat. Some surprises outside the rumor mill would be nice. But realistically, I’m looking for Etrigan and King Shazam as well as Y2 Batman, Rebirth Superman, and the rest of that wave. It might be a little early for Three Jokers and Swamp thing et al.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”