McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 am

Is it possible at all for us to see stuff for Three Jokers this weekend?
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 am

AndyTrevino wrote:Is it possible at all for us to see stuff for Three Jokers this weekend?
Will anyone notice? Every time Tapatalk gives me a post notification it's another rant about the toy gun issue

misterskeezler on Instagram

markhamknight
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:32 am

We're getting Etrigan the Demon, Hal Jordan, Swamp Thing, King Shazam, Superboy Prime, Lex in his Battlesuit, Lobo, Reverse Flash, Suicide Squad movie figures, Batman 66 figures, TDKR Batman, the Batcycle, Batman Beyond figures, 4 different Jokers, etc... And all I read is constant bitching and moaning about some toy guns :rolleyes:

Idk about you guys, I'm happy AF with McFarlane and all of these DC figures and I LOVE the direction they're going in. Do I have some gripes? Sure, but I have that with the ML stuff and I HATED most of the Mattel Multiverse stuff, so I'm very content with this line, yall need to be more appreciative.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 am

....except none of our gun frustration is actually directed at McFarlane. We all understand their hands are tied in this case.

Me personally, its not going to to stop me from enjoying the figures but it does make me wonder...will Mr Freeze come with his freeze gun? Thats really going to feel like somethings missing. What about grappling guns? Will those be a thing of the past? I found it interesting that Snyder Cut Batman doesnt come with a grappling gun and instead comes with a batarang.

Most figures it wont matter, but some characters are pretty defined by the fact that they come with guns. They made a point that the McFarlane Red Hood had guns that could be removed from the holster as opposed to the Mattel Red Hood. If that same figure came out now he would have empty holsters and no accessories. Just feels weird.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:48 am

Yeah, guys, this day and a half of gun talk in the general McFarlane DC thread is just way too much.
KNR
Customized

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:23 am

I’m hoping we see some of the figures in the most recent leaked list. But my gut says it’s probably just gonna be all the stuff they’ve been revealing this month. I hope I’m wrong.
bat1987
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:41 am

Agreed, would be cool if we see something new that wasn't leaked.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:46 am

bat1987 wrote:
We haven't even seen the leaked stuff officially :lol: But that's exactly why I hate video game and action figure leaks. It's no fun to see a small lowres picture or a listing on a website, I much prefer official announcements.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:07 am

I'd love to see some of the leaked stuff. Even if it's just Todd physically showing them to us on a livestream
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:05 pm

bat1987 wrote:
Like the Bane that’s in Target’s system!!!
maverick10126

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:44 pm

I have a feeling it’s mostly going to be a closer look of the products already revealed. All the recent stuff is August. So it makes sense.
scottwerdal
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Todd has won me over with this line. It isn’t a scale I’ve ever been interested in. For me personally DC has always taken a back seat to Marvel, both in figure form and as a universe. And McFarlane products have not ever been on my radar. Then I hit a local sale and picked up a few of these on the cheap. After getting them home and spending some time with them I’m in. Not a completist, but you got me Mr.Mc. We’ll done sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maverick10126

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:36 pm

scottwerdal wrote:
Todd has won me over with this line. It isn’t a scale I’ve ever been interested in. For me personally DC has always taken a back seat to Marvel, both in figure form and as a universe. And McFarlane products have not ever been on my radar. Then I hit a local sale and picked up a few of these on the cheap. After getting them home and spending some time with them I’m in. Not a completist, but you got me Mr.Mc. We’ll done sir.

Who did you buy? I'm always curious which figures people own.

It also seems like we are getting more people like this lately. Collectors who ignored the line, try a few on a whim and are happy with the figures. I'm glad the line is growing and hopefully Todd can keep up with the distribution.
JD Stevens
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:16 pm

So technically, isn’t Batman’s accessory a grapple launcher, not a grapple gun?
scottwerdal
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:47 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
scottwerdal wrote:

Who did you buy? I'm always curious which figures people own.

It also seems like we are getting more people like this lately. Collectors who ignored the line, try a few on a whim and are happy with the figures. I'm glad the line is growing and hopefully Todd can keep up with the distribution.
It’s funny…I didn’t end up with some very sought after figs. Picked up the first Batman fig (Detective 1000 or whatever it was called) and the three animated figs (Batman, Superman and Green Lantern) all for $5 each. I was mostly just curious to see what these were all about…and I can’t resist a deal. Once I got them home and spent some time pulling them apart and seeing how they were built (and how great they are for customizers like myself) I became interested.

I’m primarily a movie figure collector, so when the Justice League set was announced I scooped up Wonder Woman. Did some work to shorten the legs and am now waiting for her teammates to join the collection.

Also scooped the recent Stewart Lantern release since I think he’ll look pretty cool next to the JL figs.

Even at full price these are pretty good value when compared to other figures out there.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”