McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:21 am

AndyTrevino wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:14 pm
Seamus McSuperfly wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:31 pm
It's Death IN the Family that was referenced in 3 Jokers, not Death OF the Family.

The latter is the one with the jumpsuit and the skin mask. I doubt we see that (for now).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, but he also wore a purple jumpsuit/boiler suit in the original comic when he beat Jason Todd with the crowbar.
Exactly.

And having one boiler-suit Joker makes the other more likely as well, actually. I wasn’t a fan of the beltface Texas Chainsaw Massacre edgelord Joker design from Death Of The Family (good story other than the lame no-face thing), buuuuuuut I’d buy a figure if McDC did one. Easier to digest that look from the rear view than when it was current.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:21 am

aceofknaves wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:21 am
AndyTrevino wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:14 pm
Seamus McSuperfly wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:31 pm
It's Death IN the Family that was referenced in 3 Jokers, not Death OF the Family.

The latter is the one with the jumpsuit and the skin mask. I doubt we see that (for now).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, but he also wore a purple jumpsuit/boiler suit in the original comic when he beat Jason Todd with the crowbar.
Exactly.

And having one boiler-suit Joker makes the other more likely as well, actually. I wasn’t a fan of the beltface Texas Chainsaw Massacre edgelord Joker design from Death Of The Family (good story other than the lame no-face thing), buuuuuuut I’d buy a figure if McDC did one. Easier to digest that look from the rear view than when it was current.
Honestly, I'd just say make both. Make the standard designs single-carded and utilize the book-specific designs for 2-packs.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:44 am

bat1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:41 pm
Was hoping they'd reveal 3 jokers line or rebirth supes, but ya those seem far more likely. Out of those, really interested in seeing Etrigan.
I don't know why but as much as I'd love to see them sooner rather than later, I feel like he'll reveal them sometime mid to late July, like if he were to reveal them during SDCC. I'll be shocked if he doesn't reveal a bunch of figures in July.
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 am

Same here. Looking forward to it. McFarlane has crushed it the last month or so even if it's just leaks. He hides....then BAM! His comic stuff is soooo much better than the movie stuff as far as I'm concerned, it's a shame that eats his shelf space, but that's just my opinion. I have enough other stuff to buy, I just hope there's an audience out there for it. Armored Darkseid looks cool however.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:40 am

ditko wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 am
Same here. Looking forward to it. McFarlane has crushed it the last month or so even if it's just leaks. He hides....then BAM! His comic stuff is soooo much better than the movie stuff as far as I'm concerned, it's a shame that eats his shelf space, but that's just my opinion. I have enough other stuff to buy, I just hope there's an audience out there for it. Armored Darkseid looks cool however.
Yeah I'm REALLY crossing my fingers that the figures for The Batman look amazing. I'm really hoping Todd gets it together in time on the movie front.
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 am

I like the look of the Todd WW, but pretty sure those feet are going to be a nightmare to balance her on. Great set of reveals and leaks recently though. I’m particularly looking forward to the bat cycle.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:34 pm

AndyTrevino wrote:
Yeah I'm REALLY crossing my fingers that the figures for The Batman look amazing. I'm really hoping Todd gets it together in time on the movie front.
I'm really looking forward to that movie and the figures also. I think the delay in the movie could be a good thing for the figures so McF can improve their live action modeling.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Official pictures of the dark knight returns armor Batman via tni.
https://toynewsi.com/14-39294
I saw them earlier from Instagram from our usual source.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:03 pm

No gun…looks like it’s true.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Ya, and with 2 trigger hands there to hold it too. I do like that open 'clawed' hand, but can't help but want a second fist (a second clawed hand for the right wouldn't be bad either). I also kind of like it overall, and it seems like it was made more coherently in aesthetics with the rest of the line in mind rather than go for that artist specific look.

About the gun thing, I guess we're either not getting guys like Deadshot anymore or if we do he'll be coming in package with a knife.
I was going to say I wonder if this will be limited to realistic guns, or if sci-fi guns or GL guns would be ok, but, and I know there was no guarantee that this Batman would come with it to begin with, with DKR Bats not coming with his, maybe if it looks like a gun it quacks like a gun for the purposes of this mandate.
Well, I mean if it wasn't already convincing enough that Peacemaker and Bloodsport came with swords instead of guns. Even Bloodsport had his sci-fi transforming gun in the movie (which may very well turn into swords), and that evidently wasn't ok. I wonder if they think that swords are less dangerous than guns. Shouldn't put that idea out there lest we get a 'no weapon accessories' decision made.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:32 pm

The figure itself looks excellent. The “real world” aesthetic and paint set it apart from other releases of similar material over the years from other companies, so it is unique, even if not to everyone’s taste. I’m excited for this one.
. . . but not even sci-fi guns?? What will this mean for guys like Captain Cold and Mister Freeze?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 pm

The figure looks better than I thought it would be...but that was to be expected. I mean how many times has McFarlane pulled this on us? A mediocre looking pic and a better looking figure.

Despite that, I do think this figure is a pass for me. Which almost feels good to say because frankly I've purchased way too many figures in this line. More than I figured I ever would.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:39 pm

armor batman and todd wonder woman are up on target.

batman
https://www.target.com/p/dc-batman-figu ... nk=sametab

wonder woman
https://www.target.com/p/dc-universe-7- ... nk=sametab
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:41 pm

I mean no real guns I can understand,but no sci fi guns either? Bit silly If you ask me!
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:30 pm

DKR Batman looks much better than the Previews pics. I’m in. No gun isn’t a deal breaker, because he didn’t beat Supes with it. Just a right cross followed by a boot in the mouth. Also a decent indication that DKR Superman is on the way.

Not bugged by the no gun thing just yet. But it becomes a problem when Deathstroke, or someone like him, shows up without so much as a molded sidearm.

There’s gotta be a workaround of some kind. Maybe a weapons pack? At any rate, I’d love Todd to provide a little clarity on the issue. Melee weapons are fun, but even Travis (Warlord) Morgan had a pistol.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”