McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sat May 08, 2021 9:47 pm

Don’t know if the Robin pic was shown yet but

TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 11:31 pm

The Robin is a custom
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:02 am

TheCollector1999 wrote:
The Robin is a custom
Well that was a rollercoaster of emotions for me in the span of two posts. Bummer. Looks great.
MrImpossible
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 09, 2021 5:34 am

lol I was about to say, “What event would that figure have been revealed at? And why does that look like Storm next to him?”
Year 2 Robin
I *heart* Wal*Mart

Sun May 09, 2021 5:35 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 pm
Word on the street, from James Tynion no less, is that DC has plans for virtually all of the Bat Kids. That ought to translate into a lot of McFarlane figures over the next few years.
Any theories as to looks / eras? Or is it pretty much All Modern All the Time?
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 8:01 am

TheCollector1999 wrote:
The Robin is a custom
Oops sorry
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 10:02 am

Got some info on the 66 Batman stuff. I believe they are indeed 6" tall. They also have reduced articulation. I think the articulation breakdown is hinge-swivel shoulders, hinge elbows, t-crotch hips, knees, neck swivel. I think that's it. I'm guessing they're 6" so the Batmobile can be at a more affordable size & price. When I initially found out about this theme, it piqued my interest. Now, I really don't care about them. The character selection is essentially the same as the Mattel line. No curveball characters, although there may be two civilians (you can guess who).
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun May 09, 2021 1:51 pm

Year 2 Robin wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:35 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 pm
Word on the street, from James Tynion no less, is that DC has plans for virtually all of the Bat Kids. That ought to translate into a lot of McFarlane figures over the next few years.
Any theories as to looks / eras? Or is it pretty much All Modern All the Time?
My theory is all modern. In fact all Infinite Frontier. Maybe Future State mixed in. And not just Batman. Anything comic accurate will likely be the most recent look Todd can nail down.

Not my wish, just my prediction.
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Got some info on the 66 Batman stuff. I believe they are indeed 6" tall. They also have reduced articulation. I think the articulation breakdown is hinge-swivel shoulders, hinge elbows, t-crotch hips, knees, neck swivel. I think that's it. I'm guessing they're 6" so the Batmobile can be at a more affordable size & price. When I initially found out about this theme, it piqued my interest. Now, I really don't care about them. The character selection is essentially the same as the Mattel line. No curveball characters, although there may be two civilians (you can guess who).
Disappointing. With all the chances (and successes, like it or not) Todd takes, why go backwards with these, especially since what you describe already exists? I would have loved a proper 1/10th set of Bats '66.

C.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 3:03 pm

InanimateObjects wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:56 pm
Ash Talon wrote:
Disappointing. With all the chances (and successes, like it or not) Todd takes, why go backwards with these, especially since what you describe already exists? I would have loved a proper 1/10th set of Bats '66.

C.
Still intrigued to see them. If they are indeed poor, McF will not be the first to miss the Batman 66 mark-I just won't waste money on them as I did the Mattel 'line'/effort/woeful final figures.

Side note: not to derail but somewhat relevant-I have the funko five points 66 set on order and feel that will scratchy itch for 66 merch. With 5 points there is no mystery, a very definite aesthetic and you don't feel as if corners have been cut-also all main characters/Batmobile/Batcave covered in a single set.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 09, 2021 3:08 pm

Hey, if McF wants to do some 6' sub-lines... I honestly can't complain!

They're gonna be super-detailed sculpts regardless. And there are enough DCD and Mattel figures that they will scale very well with.

West better come with the Batusi hands.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 3:17 pm

Wait.

So after all the kicking and screaming and and thread-hijacking and general beating of fists upon the floor in this forum by . . . certain people, Todd *does* make 6” figures, and they are limited-articulation and also from a half-century old TV show that’s already been covered?

I actually think that’s really funny.

Not sure if I’ll buy them, but I’ve got a smile on my face right now.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 3:24 pm

Please don't start another scale discussion.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Yeah, I'm out if artic is reduced and being 6 inch, good to know though.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 7:12 pm

Chances of a Keaton Batman in a Flashpoint movie line?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”