McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Fri May 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Well if they’re gonna do me like that, I’ma need Starfire, Arsenal, and Artemis.
Year 2 Robin
I *heart* Wal*Mart

Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 pm

Looking into the future a bit, anybody think we may see Red Arrow or Aquaman?
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 9:20 pm

The helmeted Red Hood is definitely the most recognizable version, but I kind of wish they'd gone with the current look to match the rest of the modern Bat-family. I wish we could have gotten that level of in-depth variant, like Mattel used to do during the heyday of DCUC when they'd do, say, a comic based New God and then the Super Powers version. I know that defeats the purpose of Todd's reuse model, but it'd be great to get versions that different.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:15 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:39 pm
I wish unmasked Red Hood had his domino mask on. I guess that would have needed to be an "un-hooded Red Hood" lol Whenever Jason takes the hood off, he always has a domino mask underneath. At least in Batman comics, not sure about his own series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Todd is being nice to us by not having the mask,this way we get a Terry McGiness head!
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat May 08, 2021 2:54 am

Year 2 Robin wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 pm
Looking into the future a bit, anybody think we may see Red Arrow or Aquaman?
Well, Arsenal will come with a bow.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 am

Rex Mason wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:20 pm
The helmeted Red Hood is definitely the most recognizable version, but I kind of wish they'd gone with the current look to match the rest of the modern Bat-family. I wish we could have gotten that level of in-depth variant, like Mattel used to do during the heyday of DCUC when they'd do, say, a comic based New God and then the Super Powers version. I know that defeats the purpose of Todd's reuse model, but it'd be great to get versions that different.
I think this can be done tomorrow. The Barry/Flash is a head sculpt and a paint job away from a Wally/Flash. Or Prof. Zoom. Or Reverse Flash. Or John Fox/Future Flash. Two of him actually. Godspeed also comes to mind. Make a teen buck and Wallace West and Bart Allen can share it.

John Stewart provides a pretty perfect buck for just about any humanoid male GL. It’s not complicated Todd.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 4:31 am

maverick10126 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 pm
Jason seems to be based on his red hood and the outlaws appearance.
Stop trying to make the New 52 happen, Gretchen Todd. We rejected it for a reason.
Year 2 Robin
I *heart* Wal*Mart

Sat May 08, 2021 6:30 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Haha! Well, I think I can live with that. :D

I'm also going to hold out hope for The Signal. He's a Bat related character, he's uber Modern, and he would make a magnificent looking figure. A fellow can always hope...
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat May 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Signal is a member of the Bat Family. He has a great design. And to my knowledge, has never been done as an action figure. Todd loves that. I’d guess he at least has a chance.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Year 2 Robin wrote:
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:

I'm also going to hold out hope for The Signal. He's a Bat related character, and he would make a magnificent looking figure. A fellow can always hope...
He's got a Bat logo on his chest, his odds are good. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a 2-pack with Cass. What's she going by now? Is she Black Bat or Orphan?
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 6:29 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:41 pm
Signal is a member of the Bat Family. He has a great design. And to my knowledge, has never been done as an action figure. Todd loves that. I’d guess he at least has a chance.
The closest thing was the Mattel Multiverse Duke Thomas figures in his Robin'ish costume. He is my fill in for Signal, but looks NOTHING like him.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm

Forgot about Duke. He was one of the Mattel experimental bucks after DCUC shut down.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 6:41 pm

The only action figure Duke has gotten in his Signal costume is in the Imaginext line, strangely enough. He's definitely on my short list of wants from McFarlane, and I'm hoping for the whole modern Bat-family, including the Outsiders. The We Are Robin Duke is a great figure, but that was a temporary costume, while the Signal look seems to be sticking.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 7:10 pm

Agreed 100%, I would love to see Red Robin and Batwoman ASAP. They'd kill it with Orphan and Clayface also!
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm
Year 2 Robin wrote:
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:

I'm also going to hold out hope for The Signal. He's a Bat related character, and he would make a magnificent looking figure. A fellow can always hope...
He's got a Bat logo on his chest, his odds are good. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a 2-pack with Cass. What's she going by now? Is she Black Bat or Orphan?
Not exactly sure what Cass is going by now but she also is sporting a Bat logo again, as is Stephanie. Both are doing field work for Barbara/Oracle and there have been broad hints about a Batgirls comic coming up soon. I’d have to speculate on a Cass/Steph two-pack first.

Word on the street, from James Tynion no less, is that DC has plans for virtually all of the Bat Kids. That ought to translate into a lot of McFarlane figures over the next few years. Like it wasn’t anyway. Being that Batman is selling in excess of 200,000/month again, I’d expect a lot of comic accurate Batman figures.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”