McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Thu May 06, 2021 2:55 am

KEWOOSKI wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:50 am
I'm late to this line, intentionally. So far, I've only picked up The Ray and KG Beast. I intend to get Vixen and Katana soon, and Red Son Superman. I'll mostly be buying characters not named Batman or Superman (Red Son being the exception). This Dr. Fate is a must.
So far you’ve only purchased Mattel figures...so yeah, I’d say you’re super late.

You’ll be able to fudge female characters in this line and younger teen characters. An oversized character like kg beast might work but The Ray is going to look out of place next to Red Son Superman and Dr Fate. Theses figures are 7” and Mattel’s did creep up over the 6.5” mark but they are still noticeably a smaller scale.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Thu May 06, 2021 3:03 am

Tim Drake, Beast Boy, and Wallace West should work. Maybe a few more.
maverick10126

Thu May 06, 2021 3:08 am

I use Tim drake, Alfred, killer croc baf and clay face baf. The Ray comes in at about 6 3/8” he’s going to look weird next to red son Superman who clocks in right at the 7” mark if not a hair over. Basically it’s going to make Red Son look like he’s about 7’ tall....

I’ve been considering getting Mattel’s rebirth WW but I think she might be too short.

The last Harley they made looks like she would work though. Especially since she had larger proportions.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:46 am

maverick10126 wrote:
I use Tim drake, Alfred, killer croc baf and clay face baf. The Ray comes in at about 6 3/8” he’s going to look weird next to red son Superman who clocks in right at the 7” mark if not a hair over. Basically it’s going to make Red Son look like he’s about 7’ tall....

I’ve been considering getting Mattel’s rebirth WW but I think she might be too short.

The last Harley they made looks like she would work though. Especially since she had larger proportions.

Yes, that last Harley Mattel made scales well with the McFarlane figures. I used her in one of my comics and she worked perfectly.

http://www.billscomics.com/images/DC%20 ... comic.html
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Thu May 06, 2021 4:06 am

Katana might work too. Tatsu has always been portrayed as a bit shorter.

Wonder Woman, Vixen and Starfire are probably too short.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 4:37 am

Doctor Fate looks awesome!
secondwhiteline wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:08 pm
I like the Dr. Fate, but why are they so committed to making toys from a 4-year old game? Is it just that they like the game designs, or do they think that might inspire a sale more than just labeling it "Dr. Fate: Some Comic You Never Read?"
The game casting a wider net than the comics is probably part of it, but the game design of Fate also seems to fit better with Todd's preferred aesthetic. So far he's done relatively few "vanilla" classic designs. Even Green Lantern, who is largely comic accurate, had a bunch of new detailing that isn't actually there in the comics.

Doctor Fate looks awesome.
Megazarak wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:34 pm
Todd has said that he's interested in making figures of designs that haven't previously been made. That's at least partially fueling the decision for these game designs. There's also bound to be an Injustice 3, so he's getting a head start on that collection (could be a reason that we haven't seen Batman or Superman yet, perhaps they'll be getting figures from their designs from the new game? could be that they've already seen these designs and are working on them now). There are some good designs in Injustice 2, I'd like Bane in particular as it's different from the usual braindead Venom'd up monster. Scarecrow's also got a really unique design in the game, and if we can get an Atrocitus this way, I'm all for it.
I'm pulling for Deadshot. That's my number 1 want, but I'd also be happy with Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Starfire, Swamp Thing, Firestorm or Vixen.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:32 am

I don't do Games or their figures but Dr Fate is an absolute pick up for me. I like the Unmasked Red Hood also but feel a little suckered into buying a third figure just for the head sculpt.
jaygarrick1940
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 am

maverick10126 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 pm
Is it weird that I'm no longer wowed? Dr Fate looks fantastic, but at this point it's feeling like business as usual. Todd releases a figure that looks amazing *yawn* what else is new? First world problems I guess lol.
I feel the same way. I have yet to be wowed by one of these figures. Some are nice sculpts and some look unfinished to me.

I think, for me, I would like to see a wider selection of DC characters, instead of multiple versions of the same characters or multiple versions of the same figures. Dr. Fate looks good but it's not a version I would have picked. Then I wonder, do I buy the figure because it looks good and might be the only Dr. Fate he makes or do I skip it since I'm not interested in that version? Somewhere down the line he might make an alternate version with a Wonder Woman head.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 2:33 pm

Hbhf wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:37 am
Megazarak wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:34 pm
Todd has said that he's interested in making figures of designs that haven't previously been made. That's at least partially fueling the decision for these game designs. There's also bound to be an Injustice 3, so he's getting a head start on that collection (could be a reason that we haven't seen Batman or Superman yet, perhaps they'll be getting figures from their designs from the new game? could be that they've already seen these designs and are working on them now). There are some good designs in Injustice 2, I'd like Bane in particular as it's different from the usual braindead Venom'd up monster. Scarecrow's also got a really unique design in the game, and if we can get an Atrocitus this way, I'm all for it.
I'm pulling for Deadshot. That's my number 1 want, but I'd also be happy with Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Starfire, Swamp Thing, Firestorm or Vixen.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see Deadshot show up in this line when that Suicide Squad game gets released next year. I'm always excited about new Deadshot figures. He's on that list of characters I will always buy a new figure of (really anyone on the 80s Squad lineup would be on that list, but so few of them ever get figures).
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 2:39 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:06 am
Katana might work too. Tatsu has always been portrayed as a bit shorter.

Wonder Woman, Vixen and Starfire are probably too short.
The Bombshells Katana is still pretty affordable if you're not worried about specific comic accuracy, she might scale better. A lot of the Matty DC female figures are tiny.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri May 07, 2021 4:19 am

jaygarrick1940 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 am
maverick10126 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 pm
Is it weird that I'm no longer wowed? Dr Fate looks fantastic, but at this point it's feeling like business as usual. Todd releases a figure that looks amazing *yawn* what else is new? First world problems I guess lol.
I feel the same way. I have yet to be wowed by one of these figures. Some are nice sculpts and some look unfinished to me.

I think, for me, I would like to see a wider selection of DC characters, instead of multiple versions of the same characters or multiple versions of the same figures. Dr. Fate looks good but it's not a version I would have picked. Then I wonder, do I buy the figure because it looks good and might be the only Dr. Fate he makes or do I skip it since I'm not interested in that version? Somewhere down the line he might make an alternate version with a Wonder Woman head.
Same for me. I’m not wowed by one new figure and a couple of variants. Todd needs to put up a real WTF!? type figure. Man-Bat, Solomon Grundy, Swamp Thing, or a Todd enhanced Clayface. Get tongues wagging again.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 am

I’m a big Dr Fate fan but the figure seems off to me.

It kinda looks like a female body from the pics.
And the helmet look weird.

I’m sure I’ll buy it but

OfficialJihad
I wish I had super powers

Fri May 07, 2021 7:53 pm

Ninjak wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:46 am
maverick10126 wrote:

Yes, that last Harley Mattel made scales well with the McFarlane figures. I used her in one of my comics and she worked perfectly.

http://www.billscomics.com/images/DC%20 ... comic.html
Just wanted to compliment you on the comic. It’s awesome & well done. Same goes for your collection as I’m a WWE collector as well.
TheRealSmallville
Customized

Fri May 07, 2021 8:39 pm

I wish unmasked Red Hood had his domino mask on. I guess that would have needed to be an "un-hooded Red Hood" lol Whenever Jason takes the hood off, he always has a domino mask underneath. At least in Batman comics, not sure about his own series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maverick10126

Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 pm

Jason seems to be based on his red hood and the outlaws appearance.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”