Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Sun May 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Yo.
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 02, 2021 10:45 pm

DarkKnight wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 2:07 am
Those both look great did you go with the drone customs head ?

I bought a Robin head from GeekMechanics a while back but I did contact Drone for this version.

If we can have multiple Batmen why not Robins too? :p
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 02, 2021 11:43 pm

Yo. wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:45 pm
DarkKnight wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 2:07 am
Those both look great did you go with the drone customs head ?

I bought a Robin head from GeekMechanics a while back but I did contact Drone for this version.

If we can have multiple Batmen why not Robins too? :p
100% agree !
Diego
HULK SMASH!

Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Funny thing at the Slugfest's Emporium of Badassery today. First, TWO drops today (the Krig black spartan and another one in white and black, which looked like a mix of a Krig and a stormtrooper). Then the white one disappears (I wonder if preorders were cancelled for those lucky and quick enough to jump on it). Lastly, unlike previous times (at least my experience for Mezco exclusives) the black spartan didn't disappear in 20 minutes.

I wonder if it's because they messed up on Mezco's end and something went bad with the preorders, leaving people incredible upset, or if it's just that either there are tons on units available of the black spartan (unlike other Mezco's limited editions) or that for some reason people are not that much into this figure.
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 7:52 pm

Wonder womaaaaaaaan (charging soon!)
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 pm

Nice. Only took two years since she went up for pre-order (and far more than that since she was first revealed at a con).
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 10:53 pm

Mister Voorhees wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 pm
Nice. Only took two years since she went up for pre-order (and far more than that since she was first revealed at a con).
If it's this Wonder Woman it was solicited 11 months ago.

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/05/mezco-one1 ... pre-order/
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 03, 2021 11:10 pm

I was probably thinking of the PX version pre-order date, which was in 2019.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 03, 2021 11:26 pm

Diego wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 pm
Funny thing at the Slugfest's Emporium of Badassery today. First, TWO drops today (the Krig black spartan and another one in white and black, which looked like a mix of a Krig and a stormtrooper). Then the white one disappears (I wonder if preorders were cancelled for those lucky and quick enough to jump on it). Lastly, unlike previous times (at least my experience for Mezco exclusives) the black spartan didn't disappear in 20 minutes.

I wonder if it's because they messed up on Mezco's end and something went bad with the preorders, leaving people incredible upset, or if it's just that either there are tons on units available of the black spartan (unlike other Mezco's limited editions) or that for some reason people are not that much into this figure.
It disappeared because it sold out.

Same with Krig.

Same with the Black Skulls and Tectonic Bends when they first listed them. Easier to just take it off and waitlist later that get web traffic for a sold out listing.

My Krig order for a friend was just confirmed. This how Mezco usually operates.

Black Krig is a special outrage. It was part of a 400 dollar (Canadian) set and in hand, the figure sort of sucks. It's a repainted Cable with cool accessories. Not that poseable. Once the hype wore off Krigs were being flipped.

It's just extras they had and lately they're attempting to regain control of the aftermarket values with reissues.

At least black and white and the red one look clean on a shelf.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 03, 2021 11:30 pm

Mister Voorhees wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:10 pm
I was probably thinking of the PX version pre-order date, which was in 2019.
PX went up in July and made it out in October, if I recall my order.

Why a 90% recolor with new heads and accessories took so long is another investigation.
mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 1:11 am

Just reiterating my comment on the last page in case it got buried- Mr Freeze is delayed to the Sep-Nov window.
Diego
HULK SMASH!

Tue May 04, 2021 3:16 am

MollyMillions wrote:

Same with Krig.

Same with the Black Skulls and Tectonic Bends when they first listed them. Easier to just take it off and waitlist later that get web traffic for a sold out listing.

Black Krig is a special outrage. It was part of a 400 dollar (Canadian) set and in hand, the figure sort of sucks. It's a repainted Cable with cool accessories. Not that poseable. Once the hype wore off Krigs were being flipped.

It's just extras they had and lately they're attempting to regain control of the aftermarket values with reissues.

Yes. After posting this comment I went to eBay and there they were, all those white Krig ranging from $200 - $280. What threw me off is that the white one seemed to go really fast but the black one didn't. But you just explained to me why people were not that much into that one. It took almost a full hour to disappear, which is kinda an eternity for a Mezco Exclusive.

Until today, I never noticed Mezco taking the listings off their site after they sell out. That recent Mossman -sasquatch has been there for the waitlist after selling out, and I remember the same with Bends. I didn't keep an eye on those black skulls or te latest gomez.
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 04, 2021 6:10 am

The black Krig is also the only one that's not a duplicate in the lore. All the other ones come in 2s and 4s, so there's probably more appeal to army build.
OfficialJihad
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue May 04, 2021 6:17 am

os189 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:20 pm
I agree, wholeheartedly.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 04, 2021 7:42 am

Diego wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:16 am
MollyMillions wrote:

Same with Krig.

Yes. After posting this comment I went to eBay and there they were, all those white Krig ranging from $200 - $280. What threw me off is that the white one seemed to go really fast but the black one didn't. But you just explained to me why people were not that much into that one. It took almost a full hour to disappear, which is kinda an eternity for a Mezco Exclusive.

Until today, I never noticed Mezco taking the listings off their site after they sell out. That recent Mossman -sasquatch has been there for the waitlist after selling out, and I remember the same with Bends. I didn't keep an eye on those black skulls or te latest gomez.
I think they only do it on items they'll know they get slammed on.

Who knows with them. Maybe their site just continues to suck.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”