Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:41 am

DisThunder has been posting pics and reels with this guy on IG for a few days. That pushed me to order him last night, and I already got the notification that he's shipping from 5K.
TheRealSmallville
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:06 am

Roufuss wrote:Anyone picked up the third party Kingdom Come Superman?

https://5ktoys.com/collections/featured ... ion-figure

Looks great in pictures — a lack of accessories with it, but he might like real nice with the Red Son Superman that Mezco did ages ago.
Supposedly mine will be here Friday. I'll try to remember to snap a few pics with him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:40 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:

Looks great in pictures — a lack of accessories with it, but he might like real nice with the Red Son Superman that Mezco did ages ago.
Supposedly mine will be here Friday. I'll try to remember to snap a few pics with him!

Thank you!! Looking forward to it!
AddictBraids
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:48 pm

Sooooo....is Batman 89 actually going to release in February like it's currently scheduled? My gut tells me of course not, but normally they would have e pushed it back again by now if it wasn't gonna make that release window you'd think right?
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:57 pm

No one knows

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:52 pm

piggyv01 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:57 am
Just got Constantine. There's a lot to love. The accessories are great. But his jacket isn't great and the sleeves are far too tight and his heads are too big. It's better in hand but it's still noticeable. And why have they reverted to one piece boot sculpts? The lack of ankle articulation sucks.

Got Constantine a few weeks ago. My only other Mezcos are steel box Wolverine, Black Bolt and Lockjaw, and Magneto, but this is the first that's had no ankle pivot. He looks great and the accessories are obviously amazing, but I've found it extremely difficult for the lack of ankle pivot to not to kill the figure for me. :evil: Pretty sure this is the last I ever buy with no ankle pivot, and I guess I need to make a point of looking for that in the reviews from now on--does Mezco leave out key articulation like that often? :rolleyes:

And yea, the jacket is rough with the sleeve tightness. I can't get him to raise his arms much at all with the jacket on. I still generally really like the figure, but those design flaws have made me skeptical of Mezco in general now.
TheRealSmallville
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:00 am

Roufuss wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

Ok, got him! Here we go:

So first up: the promotional pics were more impressive than the final product. The face sculpt & suit looked better. HOWEVER, what is here, is still very nice. The suit is appropriately stretchy, and not so baggy. Articulation is pretty much on par with a Mezco One:12. For some reason I was expecting a wired cape, and he doesn't have one, so that's disappointing. I think that's more on me not reading the listing properly, though, so it's not really the figure's fault. Also: figure does not include a flight stand, I borrow this one from another figure.

So yeah, it's pretty on par with Mezco products. Might feel a tad lighter.

I'm currently re-doing my display space, so I don't have any Mezco's out to compare him with, but here's what I got. Here he is with a (very dusty, yikes!) NECA '89 Batman:

And next to a McFarlane The Batman (with custom MUFF Toys head):

And next to the Mafex ZSJL Superman, which I also received today:

Yarlick
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:18 pm

This…this could potentially work scale-wise with Mafex… I mean I always thought that KC Supes was more buff and taller than your average Superman. Or is it just me convincing me to buy it? Aaaaarg.
Archrivals
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:52 pm

This Filix Toys The Clown (Joker) turned out awesome IMO. I made this kit-bashed Joker Thug from a Rumble Society Black Skulls Death Brigade body.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:58 pm

Is the Filix better than the Mafex 2.0? The second Mafex Dark Knight Joker is absolutely superb.

Cloth goods in twelfth scale are SO hard. The more complex the outfit the worse they are, and I feel fairly strongly there's no way to do Joker's suit--or really any outfit with a button-up jacket, tie, and collars or lapels--well in this scale. They're always going to look too oversized and out of scale. Constantine works, but mostly because he wears everything loosely and haphazardly in the comics anyway.

The head sculpt and accessories on the Filix do look excellent though. :D Maybe better than the Mafex, maybe not, I think I'd have to have both sets of heads in hand to say for sure.
Archrivals
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:13 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:58 pm
Is the Filix better than the Mafex 2.0? The second Mafex Dark Knight Joker is absolutely superb.

Cloth goods in twelfth scale are SO hard. The more complex the outfit the worse they are, and I feel fairly strongly there's no way to do Joker's suit--or really any outfit with a button-up jacket, tie, and collars or lapels--well in this scale. They're always going to look too oversized and out of scale. Constantine works, but mostly because he wears everything loosely and haphazardly in the comics anyway.

The head sculpt and accessories on the Filix do look excellent though. :D Maybe better than the Mafex, maybe not, I think I'd have to have both sets of heads in hand to say for sure.
I can't comment on the Mafex versions as I don't have them. Filix Toys made the Ink Blot (Not Rorschach) that is incredible. This is on that level of quality too.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:52 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:00 am
Roufuss wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

Ok, got him! Here we go:

So first up: the promotional pics were more impressive than the final product. The face sculpt & suit looked better. HOWEVER, what is here, is still very nice. The suit is appropriately stretchy, and not so baggy. Articulation is pretty much on par with a Mezco One:12. For some reason I was expecting a wired cape, and he doesn't have one, so that's disappointing. I think that's more on me not reading the listing properly, though, so it's not really the figure's fault. Also: figure does not include a flight stand, I borrow this one from another figure.

So yeah, it's pretty on par with Mezco products. Might feel a tad lighter.

I'm currently re-doing my display space, so I don't have any Mezco's out to compare him with, but here's what I got. Here he is with a (very dusty, yikes!) NECA '89 Batman:

And next to a McFarlane The Batman (with custom MUFF Toys head):

And next to the Mafex ZSJL Superman, which I also received today:

There’s a lot more range in the chest/abdomen and hips than a typical Mezco, it can also getting a pretty deep kneeling pose.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:00 am

Two days left in January, and BBTS still shows Batman 89 as releasing this month…maybe this is finally it?! ImageImageImage

mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:00 am

My BMS Kingdom Come Superman will be here mid-week and I just ordered this Brandon Routh head from China. It’s the version I didn’t know I’d need but this picture sold me BIGTIME. Just wow.
TheRealSmallville
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:19 pm

mat-chow wrote:My BMS Kingdom Come Superman will be here mid-week and I just ordered this Brandon Routh head from China. It’s the version I didn’t know I’d need but this picture sold me BIGTIME. Just wow.
This was originally my entire reason for ordering this figure, but then I couldn't find a Routh head! Do you have a link by chance?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”