Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:03 pm

Aleks wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:18 pm
His head looks too big to me.
That was my first thought. 2nd was damn those cards are thick. Glad he wasn't someone I felt I needed.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm

TFitz wrote:
Aleks wrote:
That was my first thought. 2nd was damn those cards are thick. Glad he wasn't someone I felt I needed.
Thick cards need lovin' too, TFitz. :lol:
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:30 am

Amoktime.com has Constantine in stock, if anyone is looking.
Blackestday
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:04 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
TFitz wrote:
Aleks wrote:
i just opened one. those cards are like he has those planks of cedar for salmon between his fingers. beyond that he is awesome. seems like a step up in quality or something. or maybe because i haven't opened a new one since snow started melting last spring?
mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:16 am

Blackestday wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:04 pm
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
TFitz wrote:

i just opened one. those cards are like he has those planks of cedar for salmon between his fingers. beyond that he is awesome. seems like a step up in quality or something. or maybe because i haven't opened a new one since snow started melting last spring?
Well now you’ve gotta hit us with some pics!
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:14 pm

Got my tracking number for Constantine. I can't wait. Hearing mixed things about head size. Some pics it looks great, other pics it looks to be too big. I guess time will tell.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:23 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Got my tracking number for Constantine. I can't wait. Hearing mixed things about head size. Some pics it looks great, other pics it looks to be too big. I guess time will tell.
It definitely looks too big. Probably the same size as usual but since it’s not a buff body it looks off. Maybe the coat will pad out his shoulders and it won’t look so jarring. At the moment he reminds me of when Ryan Gosling wore the fake head in Drive.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:00 am

Benedict wrote:
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
It definitely looks too big. Probably the same size as usual but since it’s not a buff body it looks off. Maybe the coat will pad out his shoulders and it won’t look so jarring. At the moment he reminds me of when Ryan Gosling wore the fake head in Drive.
I dunno. It looks fine here for example:

The hair does add to the volume and the shirt looks like it's pushed down a bit. I don't think it helps that most photos so far show his chin right down to his chest.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:15 am

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:00 am
Benedict wrote:
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
I dunno. It looks fine here for example:

The hair does add to the volume and the shirt looks like it's pushed down a bit. I don't think it helps that most photos so far show his chin right down to his chest.
His head is over half the height of his torso, so I’m going to disagree, but Mezco have always had an odd proportion look to my eyes.

Compare it to the promo:
mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:06 am

The head is fine. If my hair was teased up like his, my head would also be over half the height of my torso. Lol
PeetahPahkah
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:40 am

Was charged for John on 11/22, no shipping yet? Are most in the same boat? Hate to wait two years for a figure, only to have them take my money and kick the can further lmao.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:23 pm

PeetahPahkah wrote:
Was charged for John on 11/22, no shipping yet? Are most in the same boat? Hate to wait two years for a figure, only to have them take my money and kick the can further lmao.
I waited over a month for an item I had ordered direct from Mezco after payment had been collected. It does have precedence, even if we don't like it.
Dotanuki
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:58 pm

Hi,

This is my first post. (: I like Constantine, but it was already preorder sold out, when i learned its excistance... :/ I may still get it, paying second market price, but not this month. I already got so many figures this month, including Mezco Batman: Supreme Knight. The Tarot Cards in Constantine's hand is ridiculously huge btw.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:32 pm

Received my Constantine yesterday. Overall, he's a decent figure, but there are some weird nits I have (especially his ankles not having rockers....that is just weird). The heads all look best with the trench coat on, but I don't feel they are too oversized even sans coat. The paint on the faces is a bit off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is that bugs me about them.

The accessories are all great, and Mez definitely delivered the value in that department. I sat for almost an hour swapping out all his hands and weapons/spells...my girlfriend started teasing me about how I was playing with my new toy (and I told her I don't care...no shame in my game). The ability to put a cigarette in his mouth or in his fingers is really a fun aspect of the figure, and really gives him a leg up over every other version of Constantine made in plastic to date.
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:51 pm

PeetahPahkah wrote:
I'm in the same boat

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”