Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:39 pm

I've wondered if part of the Mr Freeze delay is due to the gun ban. He was solicited before it was in place,and I know supposedly they're planning to ship Constantine with his gun,but I wonder if someone at DC legal is cracking down. It looked like the gun was heavily integrated into Freezes design and electronics-I dont see any way they could remove it or hide it without reworking the figure a great deal.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:05 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:09 pm
Mezco sent this out. I don't know how behind DC is, but here you go.

Mezconians,

We've been getting a lot of questions regarding shipping on holiday items and product in general. We have multiple containers currently at port, and many are in the process of unloading and shipping (including The Advent Calendar and Holiday Gomez).

We have more containers arriving weekly. Since the holidays have been turned upside down, we decided to offer a "Missedmas Coupon" with our latest release, Holiday Gomez.

We are doing everything we can to have as many items shipped during the holiday season.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

- Mezco Toyz Concierge
So, I've got stuff already ordered that's delayed, but I'll have to purchase another item in order to get a coupon? Wow, how completely unhelpful is that? Thanks for nothing Mez!!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:47 am

It's a Festivus miracle!
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:59 am

Longbowhunter wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:39 pm
I've wondered if part of the Mr Freeze delay is due to the gun ban. He was solicited before it was in place,and I know supposedly they're planning to ship Constantine with his gun,but I wonder if someone at DC legal is cracking down. It looked like the gun was heavily integrated into Freezes design and electronics-I dont see any way they could remove it or hide it without reworking the figure a great deal.
Well a Mr. Freeze with a freeze gun is going to mean the difference between buying and passing. I don't know the legalities of it all, but advertising that you're getting one thing, then up and leaving a major part of it out and/or changing a major part of it is going to cause some issues I imagine. I hope this bogus "gun ban" doesn't affect Freeze.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:09 am

Figures solicited before the “gun ban” have historically been exempt from it when they do release, like Mezco Constantine. They just can’t show the guns in any new advertising.
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:47 pm

The '78 Superman is back in stock on Mezco's site, if anyone wants it. I was surprised to see the 'Buy Now' option on it.
Diego
Super Poseable

Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Apparently the "Joker Gotham by Gaslight" was back to "Buy it now" for a couple hours too. I wish I had been quicker and gotten one.
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:18 am

While I’m waiting I did a simple head swap with a slight modification (I removed the face tattoos)

blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:23 pm

I don't think the gun ban will have any effect on Mr. Freeze. The figure was solicited before the ban took effect just like the Mafex Hush was released wiry both guns.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:42 am

Well, in all this down time between new figures I ponied up and finally scored a legit Armored Batman. Pretty stoked, was not an arm and a leg, just the arm heh heh.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:45 am

So if Beast Kingdom is doing an 89 Nicholson Joker for the $125 price range,I wonder if this opens the door for Mezco?
Diego
Super Poseable

Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:57 am

Longbowhunter wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:45 am
So if Beast Kingdom is doing an 89 Nicholson Joker for the $125 price range,I wonder if this opens the door for Mezco?

Not necessarily. They could make a character if they have the license for it and apparently (I read this in a different toy-related site) the license for the "likeness of Jack Nicholson's Joker" is very expensive.

I'm sure there would be a lot of guys buying in a heartbeat, as usual with Mezco figures and especially this character (and this version of the character). I'm sure folks would preorder that figure even if they have been waiting two years for Keaton Batman. But as usual we can't know for sure if it's a definitive "no", if it's a "maybe" or what.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:19 am

Yeah the only other Nicholson Joker I know of was Hot Toys a few years back and apparently even they lost money due to the high likeness rights license. If BK is selling one for $125,I wondered if Nicholsons estate had lowered their asking price.
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:08 pm

If we’re lucky it will be in hand by 2030. Maybe they’ll offer us a deal because of the delay, like 25% off any sold out figure! (New orders only; Excludes all Marvel/DC/Softgoods figures)
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Longbowhunter wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:19 am
Yeah the only other Nicholson Joker I know of was Hot Toys a few years back and apparently even they lost money due to the high likeness rights license. If BK is selling one for $125,I wondered if Nicholsons estate had lowered their asking price.
This is what I'm hoping for. I'm passing on the Beast Kingdom one because that would be the only 8" figure I own. If they got his likeness rights, I'd say the writing is on the wall that other companies will follow.

How much of a price hike would Mezco put on a Nicholson Joker? I'm guessing $120 at least. I'll still buy him though. He'll be ready and waiting for Keaton Batman once he shows up.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”