Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Yo.
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:36 pm

I used to not worry about Keaton's Batman because like every other Mezco figure you preorder & forget about it until the inevitable release.

However, I picked up the newest SHF Kamen Rider Black & Bandai decided to make his shoulders & the torso out of rubber to emulate the seamless suit design & unfortunately the results were bad because people reported cracks in the rubber days after opening it.

I got my copy & knowing that information I'm applying extra care whenever I move the joints & the figure's great but quite frankly it's a tiresome & nerve racking experience because I'm afraid of tearing that rubber.

From the interview Mez did a while back he seemed reluctant & maybe the current results & prototype didn't live up to the expectations & the hype behind this particular Batman.

So after handling a similar material I hope they ditch the rubber experience & go for something practical but I'm not sure about the likelihood of that at this stage.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:18 pm

Yo. wrote:
I used to not worry about Keaton's Batman because like every other Mezco figure you preorder & forget about it until the inevitable release.

However, I picked up the newest SHF Kamen Rider Black & Bandai decided to make his shoulders & the torso out of rubber to emulate the seamless suit design & unfortunately the results were bad because people reported cracks in the rubber days after opening it.

I got my copy & knowing that information I'm applying extra care whenever I move the joints & the figure's great but quite frankly it's a tiresome & nerve racking experience because I'm afraid of tearing that rubber.

From the interview Mez did a while back he seemed reluctant & maybe the current results & prototype didn't live up to the expectations & the hype behind this particular Batman.

So after handling a similar material I hope they ditch the rubber experience & go for something practical but I'm not sure about the likelihood of that at this stage.
I think Batman 98'll squeak when you squeeze him so he'll make a great dog toy.
ANewHopelessReviewer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:26 pm

Yeah, I would 100% be okay if they end up just giving up and releasing a normal body in a fabric suit with black matted overlays
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:20 am

ANewHopelessReviewer wrote:
Yeah, I would 100% be okay if they end up just giving up and releasing a normal body in a fabric suit with black matted overlays
Same. I think they might have bit off more than they could chew with this release.
Jeddostotle7
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:16 am

Anyone have that interview with Mez from like early May where he talks about the recent DC/WB "no guns in merch" rule that people here mentioned back when it released, as well as the timestamp in it where he talks about the rule? I'd like to have it on hand to link whenever I see people postulating about whether or not there actually is a rule from WB corporate about it.
ANewHopelessReviewer wrote:
I actually woulda preferred they did that, since that's kinda how the actual suit was constructed IRL, having a fabric suit with rubber/whatever armor pieces laid on top. Just with thinner armor pieces relative to the suit than is possible on a 1:12 figure, of course.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Anyone have that interview with Mez from like early May where he talks about the recent DC/WB "no guns in merch" rule that people here mentioned back when it released, as well as the timestamp in it where he talks about the rule? I'd like to have it on hand to link whenever I see people postulating about whether or not there actually is a rule from WB corporate about it.
I don't have a timestamp, but here is the interview: https://youtu.be/GuN7LmiFw0s
Jeddostotle7
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:12 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:51 pm
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
I don't have a timestamp, but here is the interview: https://youtu.be/GuN7LmiFw0s
Thanks so much! Seems like the relevant portion starts at 1:12:30.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:44 pm

Does anyone here have the Christopher Reeve Superman w/Fortress Crystal console display base? I just bought the base + crystals (no figure) off somebody on ebay, and I was curious what it looks like next to a McFarlane or DC Essentials Superman. I've never owned a Mezco figure, and I know McFarlane's are taller, but I'm curious how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:06 am

Yo. wrote:
NOBODY knows what the material Mezco is using is, other than them. ALL this talk about how long it will last and what it is, is just speculation based on what other companies have used.

For all we know it could be the sort of Material Phicen uses on their seamless bodies, and those seem to hold up on the 1/6th figures pretty well
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:57 am

Considering they've apparently been struggling with this thing for several years now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just throw their hands up and release a really shitty figure just to get it out there and never bring it up again.

Yeah, that's gonna piss a lot of us off, but they know nobody's gonna stop buying their stuff because of that. There are too many people hooked at this point.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:14 pm

os189 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:57 am
Considering they've apparently been struggling with this thing for several years now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just throw their hands up and release a really shitty figure just to get it out there and never bring it up again.

Yeah, that's gonna piss a lot of us off, but they know nobody's gonna stop buying their stuff because of that. There are too many people hooked at this point.
I fear you're right on this. He might be a decent display piece but I don't think it'll be all that articulated. To be honest though, as long as he can stand up on his own, if that cape is draped over him it won't matter all that much.
Yo.
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:26 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:06 am
Yo. wrote:
NOBODY knows what the material Mezco is using is, other than them. ALL this talk about how long it will last and what it is, is just speculation based on what other companies have used.

For all we know it could be the sort of Material Phicen uses on their seamless bodies, and those seem to hold up on the 1/6th figures pretty well

Obviously but because of the lack of communication that explains this specific delay & my personal experience I'm left with nothing but speculation.

When Super7 has delays you see Brian Flynn jumping on the FwooshCast explaining things, when Bandai pushes something back they update Tamashii.jp with a red banner on the front page apologizing, when Mafex has delays they announce it through their blog.

Like I said earlier, I don't mind delays & since I already paid through PayPal I'm just waiting like everyone else but after a while you're looking for answers.

At least here we debate about the body material, the Conan delay makes no sense for a bare character.
mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:24 pm

Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:42 pm

No 'Mezco Exclusive' stamp on it, which is good. Looking forward to seeing what it all comes with tomorrow.

I wonder if they've gotten a new sculptor. The style of that headsculpt looks noticeably different than their usual.
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:21 am

Looks so good. Easy PO. Might be a challenger for best Superman figure. Definitely an upgrade over the V1.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”