Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Diego
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:26 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:51 am
Friend of mine looked at the photos and opined that it wasn't truly a Joker (if you've read the comic), but rather a clever Man Who Laughs figure.

I can see it.
I know! I love those head portraits. I thought I might get this Joker when I saw the promotional pictures. But between the $100 (starting) price point, the outfit style (perfect for GBG but a little bit out of place if you are not into GBG or displaying next to your GBG Batman) - including that coat not being wired - and the accessories, I'm still like "Do I want to pay $120 for those head portraits"?
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:46 pm

Got mine today. The headsculpts are a bit soft and the scarf really could've used a wire to make it more manageable but outside of that he's really great. The weathering on the pants and coat is nice and the detailing on the hands is fantastic. I was originally concerned that the top hat might look a bit goofy as I feel like most removable hats and helmets never sit right and/or look too big but the Joker's looks good.

The buttons on the coat scare me a bit. They snap together nicely and to undo them you need to apply a bit of force which makes me worry that someday one of the stitches holding them on might break.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 pm

Mezzo has put Darkseid and Catwoman back up for sale on their site. Perhaps this is a sign new product is inbound?
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:26 pm

I dont think they ever sold out? Ik Catwoman has been there for months
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:14 am

GBG Joker is up on BBTS in case that's a cheaper way for international folks to grab him. I don't know what their international shipping is like.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:30 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:16 am
So I can get a Gaslight Joker revealed and in-hand in the time span of one month, and over a one year delay on guys like Mr. Freeze and Keaton Batman? Yikes.
July 2014.

Mezco announced a 1989 Keaton Batman. No pics, just the license, and the intention to do it in the One:12 style.

Years pass and early prototypes are shown for a few years at the cons, some looking decent and other's looking like an old Gumby figure with stiff rubbery limbs around a fragile thin wire. By the final solicits it's obvious the attempts to put armor on a cloth suit like the actual movie costume were abandoned, and the figure will just be a large solid piece of rubber, just like the Hot Toys, but half the size, and almost equal initial retail price.

January 2020. The final figure (still a mystery, all we were shown were intentionally dark, heavily photshopped images in smokey dark conditions) is officially solicited. It sells out.

A year and a half later (some of us already paid for this toy over a year ago)....and nothing. And SIX YEAR since it was announced that it was coming. Let's see any other One:12 top that horrible record of shame.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:57 am

It’s a bitter pill, to be sure.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:48 am

Do you think this is due to technical issues pulling out the rubber body?

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:06 pm

I think that's likely. One of the things that bothers me about Mezco is they almost definitely know when they're releasing a subpar or bad figure. Then they charge $90+ and release it anyway.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:37 pm

I can see why this figure leaves some people wondering why Joker got singled out from a story he was barely in, but I REALLY like him! I didn't get to mess with him too much, but his coat doesn't look or feel nearly as bulky in hand as I thought it did in the initial pictures. Really really like the head sculpts in this guy.ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:33 pm

os189 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:30 am
yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:16 am
So I can get a Gaslight Joker revealed and in-hand in the time span of one month, and over a one year delay on guys like Mr. Freeze and Keaton Batman? Yikes.
July 2014.

Mezco announced a 1989 Keaton Batman. No pics, just the license, and the intention to do it in the One:12 style.

Years pass and early prototypes are shown for a few years at the cons, some looking decent and other's looking like an old Gumby figure with stiff rubbery limbs around a fragile thin wire. By the final solicits it's obvious the attempts to put armor on a cloth suit like the actual movie costume were abandoned, and the figure will just be a large solid piece of rubber, just like the Hot Toys, but half the size, and almost equal initial retail price.

January 2020. The final figure (still a mystery, all we were shown were intentionally dark, heavily photshopped images in smokey dark conditions) is officially solicited. It sells out.

A year and a half later (some of us already paid for this toy over a year ago)....and nothing. And SIX YEAR since it was announced that it was coming. Let's see any other One:12 top that horrible record of shame.
Diabolical.

And you know when it releases the rubber will deteriorate in no time for some people. I wish companies would stop using pleather or rubber but that's above my understanding on which materials are used versus cost efficiency.

Sometimes I feel stupid for buying Hot Toys that will probably deteriorate in a few years. I'm worried about this rubber Batman body.
mat-chow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:22 pm

I’d have passed on ‘89 Batman if they kept the armor on cloth model of the first con reveal. For better or worse I think they made the right choice to try this seamless approach. I’m okay with this gamble. In fact it was the solicit photos with the “seamless body” captions that made me pull the trigger.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:38 pm

mat-chow wrote:I’d have passed on ‘89 Batman if they kept the armor on cloth model of the first con reveal. For better or worse I think they made the right choice to try this seamless approach. I’m okay with this gamble. In fact it was the solicit photos with the “seamless body” captions that made me pull the trigger.
I totally agree. Had they gone with the armored suit over the plastic body I would have skipped too. I wouldn’t want an immobile piece of plastic. I don’t invest into this hobby to buy bricks. I want something that is dynamic and fun to pose. If the seamless rubber body is the best way to achieve that then I’ll take it. And if it eventually falls apart from wear and tear then I’ll say my goodbyes and throw it away. Hopefully someone else comes along and makes another 89 Batman by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:09 am

panther10 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:38 pm
mat-chow wrote:I’d have passed on ‘89 Batman if they kept the armor on cloth model of the first con reveal. For better or worse I think they made the right choice to try this seamless approach. I’m okay with this gamble. In fact it was the solicit photos with the “seamless body” captions that made me pull the trigger.
I totally agree. Had they gone with the armored suit over the plastic body I would have skipped too. I wouldn’t want an immobile piece of plastic. I don’t invest into this hobby to buy bricks. I want something that is dynamic and fun to pose. If the seamless rubber body is the best way to achieve that then I’ll take it. And if it eventually falls apart from wear and tear then I’ll say my goodbyes and throw it away. Hopefully someone else comes along and makes another 89 Batman by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the rate Mezco is going somebody else'll beat them to the punch in releasing an 89 Bats before the other one can even begin to deteriorate.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:55 am

In the year 3000...NECA will reissue their 7-Inch Batman for the fifteenth time as part of their McFarlane Toys Reunion Tour partnership. Mezco...coming soon.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics