Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Benedict
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:13 pm

The Chinese Democracy of action figures.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:49 pm

Too busy playing with my set of Wonder Woman figures to post about it on a forum.

Stellar figure.
Yo.
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:15 pm

Image Anime has Wonder Woman in stock for $100

I think you can get free shipping with the "Stayhome" code but I'm not sure if it's still active or not.

https://www.imageanime.com/metooncowowo.html
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Damn. That Wonder Woman should've been my first Mezco 1: 12 figure. But all I hear is how difficult it is to preorder anything from them, so I figured by the time I heard about her, she was already gone. If the reviews show her looking good with the Mafex Hush figures, I may have to secondary market her *gulp*

Have fun, all!
Diego
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:37 am

Photo Dave wrote:
Damn. That Wonder Woman should've been my first Mezco 1: 12 figure. But all I hear is how difficult it is to preorder anything from them, so I figured by the time I heard about her, she was already gone. If the reviews show her looking good with the Mafex Hush figures, I may have to secondary market her *gulp*

Have fun, all!
Maybe I don't understand your point well, but the thing is that not all preorders are difficult. Mezco has (or used to have) Mezco exclusives that are very limited pieces and for those, between technical failures (their sire crashing, your payment not being processed, etc) and the high demand, sometimes in 20 minutes the figure is gone.

For some "regular" figures preordering it's pretty normal, although you might save $$ by preordering the figures from other sites, like BBTS (same price, cheaper shipping).

Lately I have seen Mezco having "open preorders", so their exclusives are open for preorder for a day or two.

That's my impression, but my Mezco collection is just a few Batmans. Others probably can give you a better insight about the preorder process, for the next time.
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:44 am

Diego wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:37 am
Photo Dave wrote:

Have fun, all!
Maybe I don't understand your point well, but the thing is that not all preorders are difficult. Mezco has (or used to have) Mezco exclusives that are very limited pieces and for those, between technical failures (their sire crashing, your payment not being processed, etc) and the high demand, sometimes in 20 minutes the figure is gone.

For some "regular" figures preordering it's pretty normal, although you might save $$ by preordering the figures from other sites, like BBTS (same price, cheaper shipping).

Lately I have seen Mezco having "open preorders", so their exclusives are open for preorder for a day or two.

That's my impression, but my Mezco collection is just a few Batmans. Others probably can give you a better insight about the preorder process, for the next time.
In all honesty, that's great to read! The only point was I've heard quite a bit about how tough it is to get a preorder in, unless you're online for the 30 seconds they're up, or wanna get on a waitlist. And honestly, I'm done putting up with stuff like that in collecting. But if there are normal releases that are fairly easy to get / preorder, I'll definitely give Mezco another look.

Thanks a ton for the info!
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:47 pm

Photo Dave wrote:

Have fun, all!
She was up for about two weeks on Mezco's site.

And was open on BBTS and the like until it shipped.

She isn't an exclusive so you should have no issues on the primary market, with comic shops or the usual online retailers at normal MSRP.
herohunt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:15 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Photo Dave wrote:

Have fun, all!

She isn't an exclusive so you should have no issues on the primary market, with comic shops or the usual online retailers at normal MSRP.
FWIW, BBTS was sold out on Wonder Woman when I started looking for one which was months ago. I placed a waitlist order with Mezco and a preorder on Zavvi, which was still open at the time. Ultimately, I snagged one on eBay a few weeks ago when these started shipping for $80 plus shipping which was really good considering she was sold out everywhere.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:40 pm

My sister grabbed one off BBTS the week of, but maybe it was a cancellation.

But yeah. This one was in demand.
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:37 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Photo Dave wrote:

Have fun, all!

I'll see what I can do. I'm collecting too much stuff, so I need to see where she fits on the priority scale. Still, she IS the one piece of the trinity I'm missing.

Thanks!
Diego
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:04 am

I came across a couple videos of customizers using RIT dye on their Mezcos. More specifically in their Sovereign Knight Batmans. Has anyone here tried anything like that?

The process seems to be pretty straightforward, but I would be interested in knowing:
1- Any tips in the proportion of water/dye mix?
2- How hot does the water need to be? Boiling water?
3- How long does the figure/suit need to be submerged? Is 20 mins enough?

I guess that for #1 and #3 the more the more intense the color, but I was wondering if there are any gotchas to know before considering this project.

I'm posting here because I assume that somebody customizes their Mezcos, but if this is a question for the "customizing thread" (whatever it is) I'm happy to move this question there.

Thanks.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:31 am

Diego wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:04 am
I came across a couple videos of customizers using RIT dye on their Mezcos. More specifically in their Sovereign Knight Batmans. Has anyone here tried anything like that?

The process seems to be pretty straightforward, but I would be interested in knowing:
1- Any tips in the proportion of water/dye mix?
2- How hot does the water need to be? Boiling water?
3- How long does the figure/suit need to be submerged? Is 20 mins enough?

I guess that for #1 and #3 the more the more intense the color, but I was wondering if there are any gotchas to know before considering this project.

I'm posting here because I assume that somebody customizes their Mezcos, but if this is a question for the "customizing thread" (whatever it is) I'm happy to move this question there.

Thanks.
You can start a thread in the "Custom Shop Talk" forum for customizing questions/work in progress threads.
viewforum.php?f=93

In general though, if you are going to dye fabric, I would assume you would do it OFF the figure, otherwise you risk the dye seeping into the figure plastic as well, not to mention changing the stability of all the joints on the figure because of the boiling water.
Trappedtexan
Super Poseable

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:59 am

Did dorkside delete the wonder woman mezco? My order still shows in pending but the figure when I click on it says there is an error and the page can't be found.
Odowan
CROM!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:49 pm

Trappedtexan wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:59 am
Did dorkside delete the wonder woman mezco? My order still shows in pending but the figure when I click on it says there is an error and the page can't be found.
I noticed that too. I'm hoping maybe it means they're getting ready to ship, and since it was already pre-sold out they just killed the page instead of updating it.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:32 pm

I got my Wonder Woman today form my LCS (and used my significant store credit that I've built up from selling figures). This WW is pretty awesome and probably one of my favorite Mezcos that I own. A very solid release!

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”