DCC Batman Animated Series (Timmiverse) figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: DCC Batman Animated Series (Timmiverse) figures

Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:10 pm

These arrived from BBTS today. I already have them but wanted a set to keep MOC.
JAG2045
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:17 pm

Cool! I've ordered a B:TAS Batman to keep MOC, Want to try and get Robin & Joker as well

Is there a reason some of the last wave have started showing up again? And can we hope that there will be a restock of the HARDAC wave as well?!
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:36 pm

JAG2045 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:17 pm
Cool! I've ordered a B:TAS Batman to keep MOC, Want to try and get Robin & Joker as well

Is there a reason some of the last wave have started showing up again? And can we hope that there will be a restock of the HARDAC wave as well?!
one word... mcfarlane..

yeah pretty much todd bought DCC and so he is shipping out old stock that was left by dcc. for now there is no if he'll keep doing this with other older wave nor do we know if we'll see new figures. this all we have from them for now.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:37 am

Pretty sure he is just selling through whatever they had at the warehouse or in shipping containers
I don’t think we’ll see any new or unreleased rc direct product
It’s be nice though…
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:39 pm

It looks like Todd is primarily taking on the role of custodian when it comes to DC Direct’s old stock. He’s not trying to keep the lights on or make new stuff. It’s more of a liquidity kind of thing. He needs the equipment for his own purposes but before he can do that he has to sell off everything that wasn’t bolted to the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:10 pm

I'm excited to see the Mafex TNBA Batsy scales perfectly with these figures. Perhaps we can blend the two lines if they make more (fingers crossed).
panther10

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:34 pm

DisneyBoy wrote:I'm excited to see the Mafex TNBA Batsy scales perfectly with these figures. Perhaps we can blend the two lines if they make more (fingers crossed).
Actually the Mafex Batman is quite a bit taller than his DCC counterparts. So it really only scales with other Mafex DCAU figures that might be forthcoming.

InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:18 pm

panther10 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:34 pm
DisneyBoy wrote:I'm excited to see the Mafex TNBA Batsy scales perfectly with these figures. Perhaps we can blend the two lines if they make more (fingers crossed).
Actually the Mafex Batman is quite a bit taller than his DCC counterparts. So it really only scales with other Mafex DCAU figures that might be forthcoming.

The Mafex is taller than DCC, but not by much. It can work well enough on the DCC shelf, especially if the Mafex is posed dynamically, taking advantage of its extra articulation. That's what I've done.
panther10

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Ah shit I actually snapped a picture yesterday but forgot to post it.

Whoops

Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:34 pm

Yeah, that’s negligible to me. Batman should be pretty tall and tower over Dick, Babs, Tim and Harley. Might look weird with Joker tho.
panther10

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:57 pm

Reinanigans wrote:Yeah, that’s negligible to me. Batman should be pretty tall and tower over Dick, Babs, Tim and Harley. Might look weird with Joker tho.
Joker is technically 6ft 5” in the comics.

panther10

DCC Batman Animated Series (Timmiverse) figures

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:06 pm

I was searching for a few of the BTAS figures on eBay last night but the secondary market has gotten so out of control. Especially when it comes to this line. Why is it that the aftermarket prices on a contemporary toy line is suddenly so valuable that it’s starting to surpass the prices on the once unobtainable vintage BTAS toy line from 30 years ago? When did this crap become the norm? And where are the watchdogs that are supposed to keep an eye on this kind of thing?

DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:27 pm

...watchdogs?

There were watchdogs?
panther10

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:58 pm

DisneyBoy wrote:...watchdogs?

There were watchdogs?
Well I mean like the guys who used to publish price guides and such. It feels like there used to be rules about how the secondary action figure and collectible market should operate when it comes to pricing, grading and determining the overall value and worth to a specific figure. We still need institutions like this and it feels like every two bit scalper has caused that entire system to collapse and now prices are running amok. I remember when there was a time when an AFA graded MOMC 1992 BTAS Penguin went for $400 and now, 30 years later that same piece is $65 on eBay for some reason and the contemporary figure that came out in 2017 is $500. That doesn’t make any sense at all. The current figure is still being mass produced. It’s still found in warehouses and collector shops all over the world. But the previous figure has been retired for 30 years. You can maybe find the same figure in less than a dozen stores in the country. The line it hailed from is gone and so is the company that produced them. So why is this piece a dime a dozen while the brand new toy is a diamond in the rough?

SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:03 pm

panther10 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:58 pm
DisneyBoy wrote:...watchdogs?

There were watchdogs?
Well I mean like the guys who used to publish price guides and such. It feels like there used to be rules about how the secondary action figure and collectible market should operate when it comes to pricing, grading and determining the overall value and worth to a specific figure. We still need institutions like this and it feels like every two bit scalper has caused that entire system to collapse and now prices are running amok. I remember when there was a time when an AFA graded MOMC 1992 BTAS Penguin went for $400 and now, 30 years later that same piece is $65 on eBay for some reason and the contemporary figure that came out in 2017 is $500. That doesn’t make any sense at all. The current figure is still being mass produced. It’s still found in warehouses and collector shops all over the world. But the previous figure has been retired for 30 years. You can maybe find the same figure in less than a dozen stores in the country. The line it hailed from is gone and so is the company that produced them. So why is this piece a dime a dozen while the brand new toy is a diamond in the rough?

The whole "graded" comics and toy shtick is a HUGE ripoff to the people who pay to have it done, and then in turn for the people suckered into paying those prices to buy them. I'm not sad that's taken a dive off a cliff.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”