DCC Batman Animated Series (Timmiverse) figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: DCC Batman Animated Series (Timmiverse) figures

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:03 pm

I didnt see anything in the announcement suggesting the lines were being brought back or continued.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:09 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:I didnt see anything in the announcement suggesting the lines were being brought back or continued.

Yeah, the announcement explicitly mentions some other lines but not this one.

I’d actually be okay with this line staying done. It lasted 5+ years and covered almost all the major characters from both versions of the ‘90s Batman animated series.

Plus, judging by the McFarlane DC Multiverse animated figures that have been released in that line, I’m not sure Todd’s interpretation of the animated series would look great or fit in with the existing DC Direct line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:06 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:09 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:I didnt see anything in the announcement suggesting the lines were being brought back or continued.

Yeah, the announcement explicitly mentions some other lines but not this one.

I’d actually be okay with this line staying done. It lasted 5+ years and covered almost all the major characters from both versions of the ‘90s Batman animated series.

Plus, judging by the McFarlane DC Multiverse animated figures that have been released in that line, I’m not sure Todd’s interpretation of the animated series would look great or fit in with the existing DC Direct line.

this is what i saw.. closest it comes to suggesting carrying on any previous lines is "current inventory" which to me just suggests they're handling what may still be sitting in warehouses (crosses fingers that includes the unreleased Catwoman) but yeah.. no evidence of Icons, animated, or any other lines continuing

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:25 pm

correct some took that line a bit out of context and assume we're getting news figures.
especially this quote:
McFarlane Toys announced this morning that they are partnering with Warner Consumer Products to continue producing DC Direct / Collectibles items and distribute them. After the abrupt shut down of DC Direct last year, which was right after a rebranding from DC Collectibles – several fan favorite lines were left hanging. The Batman Animated 6 inch line, the Batman Black and White statue line, the Harley Red White and Black statue line all have some life left in them and can now be addressed. Read on to check the official press release!
that's why i'm saying they're most likely just releasing unreleased figures, i guess figures that were already made could count too.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
correct some took that line a bit out of context and assume we're getting news figures.
especially this quote:
McFarlane Toys announced this morning that they are partnering with Warner Consumer Products to continue producing DC Direct / Collectibles items and distribute them. After the abrupt shut down of DC Direct last year, which was right after a rebranding from DC Collectibles – several fan favorite lines were left hanging. The Batman Animated 6 inch line, the Batman Black and White statue line, the Harley Red White and Black statue line all have some life left in them and can now be addressed. Read on to check the official press release!
that's why i'm saying they're most likely just releasing unreleased figures, i guess figures that were already made could count too.
yeah that's my guess too... i don't feel like Todd is going to want any DC figures coming out that tread on his territory
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
NEW BATMAN wrote:
especially this quote:
yeah that's my guess too... i don't feel like Todd is going to want any DC figures coming out that tread on his territory
He pretty much only releases figures with their current costumes, so I don’t think the Animated looks would be treading on his territory all that much. Heck, it would open up some previously unexplored options, especially if he kept it to scale with the previously released figures.

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:56 pm

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
NEW BATMAN wrote:
especially this quote:

He pretty much only releases figures with their current costumes, so I don’t think the Animated looks would be treading on his territory all that much. Heck, it would open up some previously unexplored options, especially if he kept it to scale with the previously released figures.

it would however limit what other animated figures he could do.. since he's already done a few though. And typically people don't like to be limited
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:05 pm

I can’t imagine this merger is a good deal for Todd because even though he’s just using his facilities to push old unfulfilled DCD orders out the door, he’s still technically in direct competition with himself when it comes to DC stuff? It’s probably going to be a bit of a setback for his own company for the next year or so before he can put DCD to rest for good. Because as long as DCD is on the market then I’m sure most collectors will be more inclined to buy those rather than the 7” scale stuff. Considering how fast the Batman 66 stuff sold, there is probably a yearning to return to the smaller scale.

Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:29 pm

panther10 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:05 pm
I can’t imagine this merger is a good deal for Todd because even though he’s just using his facilities to push old unfulfilled DCD orders out the door, he’s still technically in direct competition with himself when it comes to DC stuff? It’s probably going to be a bit of a setback for his own company for the next year or so before he can put DCD to rest for good. Because as long as DCD is on the market then I’m sure most collectors will be more inclined to buy those rather than the 7” scale stuff. Considering how fast the Batman 66 stuff sold, there is probably a yearning to return to the smaller scale.

But the vast majority of DCD/DCC figures were already in 7" scale, Todd's are just better articulated.

This probably just means McFarlane can go nuts into high end statue development.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:50 am

Yeah, this a good thing for Todd because he likely has free range to do more

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:38 am

But won’t these products still have the DCD logo on the packaging? If Mcfarlane Toys is merely acting as a custodian or 3rd party liquidator to get these leftover products out the door, then they can’t reap those benefits directly. This isn’t like Hasbro where a high volume of annual sales of legends translate into larger budgets to future projects. The figures that McFarlane Toys is now in possession of is still technically DCD property and thus has a different set of coffers. Since the business was gutted, the money earned will go to the various parent companies like DC, Warner Media and AT&T.

I mean I hate to pour sour milk all over this deal that McFarlane just made but I don’t think he’s about to reap anything. None of us are going to see any type of looter mentality play out in this situation.

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:39 am

panther10 wrote:But won’t these products still have the DCD logo on the packaging? If Mcfarlane Toys is merely acting as a custodian or 3rd party liquidator to get these leftover products out the door, then they can’t reap those benefits directly. This isn’t like Hasbro where a high volume of annual sales of legends translate into larger budgets to future projects. The figures that McFarlane Toys is now in possession of is still technically DCD property and thus has a different set of coffers. Since the business was gutted, the money earned will go to the various parent companies like DC, Warner Media and AT&T.

I mean I hate to pour sour milk all over this deal that McFarlane just made but I don’t think he’s about to reap anything. None of us are going to see any type of looter mentality play out in this situation.

Anything leftover from DCD won't have his label on it obviously, but that doesn't mean he's not being paid and making money off distributing it..

And im sure anything new, will have both logos once new product begins

Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:42 am

BBTS has Azrael, Red Hood, Armored Batman, and the cel-shaded series up for pre-order, though at like twice the price.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:14 am

Mister Voorhees wrote:BBTS has Azrael, Red Hood, Armored Batman, and the cel-shaded series up for pre-order, though at like twice the price.
Makes me think they may be fairly limited...

I just wish catwoman made the cut

DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:22 am

Yeah...where's that Selina head?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”