McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Justice League Movie Wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Justice League Movie Wave

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:42 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:52 am
I saw Aquaman and Cyborg in a Walmart today. I didn't do a purchase due to having them all pre-ordered. Aquaman is a beast though.
Okay, just came back from a different Walmart than from yesterday and on the pegs were 1 Cyborg, Aquaman and 2 black costume Superman.
I decided to grab the three and leave the second Superman. The price was $15.88 so I wasn't going to leave them on the pegs this time and especially since this Walmart had Superman.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:27 am

Sloth15 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:42 am
Fly4v wrote:
dHunter333 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:40 am
On vacation
Checked Walmart in Indiana, Alabama, and 4 in Florida…nothing
On vacation and still hunting. 8)

Are these Justice League figures as popular as the ebay prices are demanding or is this just indicative of have it now?
I am concerned these are not going to stay in stores long once they arrive.
Maybe its a toy hunting vacation?
May it be a good one full of rare and exotic exclusives to decorate his lodge. :lol:
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 am

One of my Walmart’s doesn’t have any DC figures at all, could be a store that’s primed for a JL drop.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:02 am

I just opened Superman, Aquaman and Cyborg. If any were wondering WW84 is shorter than all three. Aquaman is the tallest of the three. I thought Cyborg was the tallest in the movie but I'm probably wrong. Superman's cape is sculpted to look like an actual cape when laying flat on someone's back. It's kind of folded over at the bottom. Whoever sculpted it though made it too thick and it weighs the figure down. It's difficult to get him to stand on his own. It's not impossible but it's frustrating to say the least. However Superman's upper body articulation is similar to the Infected Superman and can get into an excellent flying pose. Cyborg has the best overall articulation and Aquaman's is just there.
STC
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:52 am

drkknght64 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:42 pm
drkknght64 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:52 am
I saw Aquaman and Cyborg in a Walmart today. I didn't do a purchase due to having them all pre-ordered. Aquaman is a beast though.
Okay, just came back from a different Walmart than from yesterday and on the pegs were 1 Cyborg, Aquaman and 2 black costume Superman.
I decided to grab the three and leave the second Superman. The price was $15.88 so I wasn't going to leave them on the pegs this time and especially since this Walmart had Superman.
Where are you located?
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 am

drkknght64 wrote:I just opened Superman, Aquaman and Cyborg. If any were wondering WW84 is shorter than all three. Aquaman is the tallest of the three. I thought Cyborg was the tallest in the movie but I'm probably wrong. Superman's cape is sculpted to look like an actual cape when laying flat on someone's back. It's kind of folded over at the bottom. Whoever sculpted it though made it too thick and it weighs the figure down. It's difficult to get him to stand on his own. It's not impossible but it's frustrating to say the least. However Superman's upper body articulation is similar to the Infected Superman and can get into an excellent flying pose. Cyborg has the best overall articulation and Aquaman's is just there.
So wait, are these oversized compared to the other McF figures? Because WW84 is gargantuan.

Can you do a side by side shot of the group?

misterskeezler on Instagram

Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 am

This thread needs more pics!
thor333us
CROM!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 am
drkknght64 wrote:I just opened Superman, Aquaman and Cyborg. If any were wondering WW84 is shorter than all three. Aquaman is the tallest of the three. I thought Cyborg was the tallest in the movie but I'm probably wrong. Superman's cape is sculpted to look like an actual cape when laying flat on someone's back. It's kind of folded over at the bottom. Whoever sculpted it though made it too thick and it weighs the figure down. It's difficult to get him to stand on his own. It's not impossible but it's frustrating to say the least. However Superman's upper body articulation is similar to the Infected Superman and can get into an excellent flying pose. Cyborg has the best overall articulation and Aquaman's is just there.
So wait, are these oversized compared to the other McF figures? Because WW84 is gargantuan.

Can you do a side by side shot of the group?

misterskeezler on Instagram
https://youtu.be/mcoSPZ4zujk?t=390
they're pretty big
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:32 pm

interesting... i'm with them if they're slightly tall.

on a different subject, check out this pics of the mcf batman next to the rc mattel batmobile and crawler toy, he actually fits inside them pretty well. once i get my batman i'll see if he'll fit the non rc version of the batmobile.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:33 pm

I took a screenshot from another video. I think Batman may be shorter than Supes and Flash. Its hard to tell because the reviewer uses a bad angle for his height comparisons. But I'm not overly excited about what I'm seeing early.

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:56 pm

here is a group shot i found on twitter.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:45 pm

For reference....

Affleck 6'4"
Momoa 6'4"
Fisher 6'3"
Cavill 6'1"
Miller 5'11"
Gadot 5'10"

So relative scale is all over the map on these figures. Superman is shorter than Aquaman but not by enough. WW is shorter than them but still slightly too tall. Flash is shorter than all of them but he should be about the same height as WW. Cyborg should be just barely shorter than Aquaman but instead he's shorter than Superman. Batman and Aquaman should be the same height but he looks to be just barely taller than the Flash.

Batman is probably the biggest outlier. He's so far off it makes you start looking at things. If he were the same height as Aquaman it wouldn't be noticeable that the scale on all of these were off.

If I were to adjust these...I'd say...

Aquaman is fine
Flash is fine.
Cyborg is slightly too short but close enough
WW is still too tall
Superman is too tall
Batman is way too short.

I've shortened my WW and I can live with a slightly too tall Cavill Superman because he's Superman. It's just Batman that just doesn't work at all. Those legs look like he has saddlebags anyway. Maybe I'll just throw the head on an Arkham Knight Batman even though the suits aren't the same. At least the size would be correct. Arkham Knight Batman is the tallest Batman figure in the line if I remember correctly.

I wonder if the rushed timeline and trying to match the figures to the too tall WW is where things went off the rails.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:49 pm

I think the Dark Nights Metal Batman is the tallest in the line, although the McFarlane Batman is pretty big also.
I don’t have them in front of me to look at.
TheRealSmallville
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:59 pm

I think Batman being short only matters if the figures are put on a shelf in a boring museum pose. Once they are dynamically posed, I doubt it'll be very obvious. I think he works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:00 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:56 pm
here is a group shot i found on twitter.
I dig it. It's fun to see some height variation among figures and they fit my mental image of the relative height between those characters.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”