Mattel WWE Superstars

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
User avatar
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Mattel WWE Superstars

Mon May 02, 2022 1:47 pm

Mattel replaced the WWE / MOTU line with this Remco style WWE only line. All of the figs so far are Walmart exclusives.

Wave 1 is:
Image

https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Supersta ... /693468001
https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Supersta ... /858405942
https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Supersta ... /327194464
https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Supersta ... /872494848

Hogan: UPC: 194735027026, SKU: 327194464
Flair: UPC: 194735027583, SKU: 693468001
Honky: UPC: 194735027262, SKU: 858405942
Bray: UPC: 194735027200, SKU: 872494848
(Thank you mrboshek!)

Wave 2 is:
Image

https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Supersta ... /569832600
https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Supersta ... /975029673
https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Supersta ... /717371300

We also have pictures of:
Image



And also coming is Undertaker & Mandkind.
User avatar
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Mon May 02, 2022 1:48 pm

I manged to pick up Ric Flair yesterday. The store also had a separate tag for Hogan, but he wasn't there yet.

I grabbed Honky Tonk Man online, but I haven't seen him or Bray in store either.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 18171
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Mon May 02, 2022 5:07 pm

I grabbed Bray a little while ago, and saw Honky with 2 more Bray at another Walmart a week ago, and saw a lone Flair at work last night. I only grabbed Bray because I am being very selective with this line.
If they do a Papa Shango, I won't be able to resist him.
User avatar
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: WNY
Posts: 752
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Mon May 02, 2022 5:20 pm

Saw Flair a few weeks ago and was gonna grab him — until I realized they're $20 now. Just couldn't do it.

I guess if I was a silver lining kind of guy, I'd say these prices are really helping me stay on track with collecting and cut back on picking random things up.
User avatar
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4635
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 am

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Tue May 10, 2022 8:02 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 5:20 pm
Saw Flair a few weeks ago and was gonna grab him — until I realized they're $20 now. Just couldn't do it.

I guess if I was a silver lining kind of guy, I'd say these prices are really helping me stay on track with collecting and cut back on picking random things up.
Although the price increase sucks, it is a bit offset by the fact that these figures come with a lot more. They're basically ELITES in this way, with alternate hands, entrance gear and a couple of accessories.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 16362
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Sat May 21, 2022 11:14 pm

Wave 2 has made it to Walmarts in Canada now. I saw doubles of everyone yesterday. I stared. And stared. And carried them around for a few minutes. And then I put them back. $19 in Canada. It's not the worst price for an action figure, of course. If these were versions of characters I cared more about (Diesel, Razor, different attire Shawn) then I actually don't think I could have turned them down. But I convinced myself that these particular versions of these characters aren't something I want enough to drop 60 bucks.

I beat you this time, Mattel.

This time.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4048
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Sun May 22, 2022 7:19 am

After Walmart cancelled 3 orders for Flair on me 2 separate times,I finally got “lucky” with a Curb Pickup option for 1.
After getting there and getting the figure it ofcourse was on a bent up card.
Checking the isle for more I only found a few Bray Wyatts which I really didn’t want but found one that was ripped off the card back so I tried my hand at customer service to see what they would do. They offered It for $10 so I said what the hell.
Now hopefully Walmart don’t cancel my order for series 2. :rolleyes:
User avatar
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2007
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Sun May 22, 2022 2:30 pm

I still haven't been able to find a Hogan locally. Shelf tadlgs, not no Hogan's, haha.

Good to see wave 2 is showing up somewhere though!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7987
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Tue May 24, 2022 4:30 am

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 2:30 pm
I still haven't been able to find a Hogan locally. Shelf tadlgs, not no Hogan's, haha.

Good to see wave 2 is showing up somewhere though!
Brickseek works amazing for this line — each figure has its own SKU as they ship separately. Just found Hogan this way, a local store had 6+, as soon as that dropped to 4 - 5 I knew they were on the shelf.

Didn’t want to collect these and just wanted to keep it to WWE MOTU, but man did Wave 3 sell me. Mankind, Million Dollar Man, Shango and Undertaker.

Really hope the line keeps up, but sales don’t seem nearly as good as the WWE MOTU stuff so far. I’ve seen tons of Ric Flair, Honky Tonk, and Bray Wyatt sitting around.

Hoping we can at least get an Edge in this line, then between this and WWE MOTU I’ll have a pretty good Attitude Era lineup.
KNR
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:47 am

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Tue May 24, 2022 7:39 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:14 pm
Wave 2 has made it to Walmarts in Canada now. I saw doubles of everyone yesterday. I stared. And stared. And carried them around for a few minutes. And then I put them back. $19 in Canada. It's not the worst price for an action figure, of course. If these were versions of characters I cared more about (Diesel, Razor, different attire Shawn) then I actually don't think I could have turned them down. But I convinced myself that these particular versions of these characters aren't something I want enough to drop 60 bucks.

I beat you this time, Mattel.

This time.
Yoooo. I think you mentioned before you around Edmonton area?
Where at did you see these? I have yet to run into wave 1 let alone wave 2. I was out today looking too.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7987
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Tue May 24, 2022 7:03 pm

Opened the Hogan I got yesterday, and honestly — I’m not mad about the increase to $20.

Extra hands, lots of accessories, fabric shirt. A lot of newish pieces too compared to the reuse in the WWE MOTU line.

MOTU Origins are up to what, $18? And you don’t get nearly as much with each figure there.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 16362
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Wed May 25, 2022 12:45 am

KNR wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:39 am
KnightDamien wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:14 pm
Wave 2 has made it to Walmarts in Canada now. I saw doubles of everyone yesterday. I stared. And stared. And carried them around for a few minutes. And then I put them back. $19 in Canada. It's not the worst price for an action figure, of course. If these were versions of characters I cared more about (Diesel, Razor, different attire Shawn) then I actually don't think I could have turned them down. But I convinced myself that these particular versions of these characters aren't something I want enough to drop 60 bucks.

I beat you this time, Mattel.

This time.
Yoooo. I think you mentioned before you around Edmonton area?
Where at did you see these? I have yet to run into wave 1 let alone wave 2. I was out today looking too.

The Walmart on Stony Plain Rd., I believe. That one and the one in Terwilliger are the ones I regularly go to when I'm out and about for work.
KNR
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:47 am

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Wed May 25, 2022 1:45 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:45 am
KNR wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:39 am
KnightDamien wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:14 pm
Wave 2 has made it to Walmarts in Canada now. I saw doubles of everyone yesterday. I stared. And stared. And carried them around for a few minutes. And then I put them back. $19 in Canada. It's not the worst price for an action figure, of course. If these were versions of characters I cared more about (Diesel, Razor, different attire Shawn) then I actually don't think I could have turned them down. But I convinced myself that these particular versions of these characters aren't something I want enough to drop 60 bucks.

I beat you this time, Mattel.

This time.
Yoooo. I think you mentioned before you around Edmonton area?
Where at did you see these? I have yet to run into wave 1 let alone wave 2. I was out today looking too.

The Walmart on Stony Plain Rd., I believe. That one and the one in Terwilliger are the ones I regularly go to when I'm out and about for work.
Of course it’s on the other side of the city hahaha. I’ll have to make a trip this weekend.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4048
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Wed May 25, 2022 4:08 am

I guess I’ll make a Top 5 Wishlist while We wait for the next drop.

Legion of Doom
Hogan w/red shirt and bandana
Demolition
Hercules
Mr Perfect
KNR
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:47 am

Re: Mattel WWE Superstars

Wed May 25, 2022 4:43 am

Visionary wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:08 am
I guess I’ll make a Top 5 Wishlist while We wait for the next drop.

Legion of Doom
Hogan w/red shirt and bandana
Demolition
Hercules
Mr Perfect

Bushwhackers
Macho Man
Zeus
Roddy Piper
Andre the Giant

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”