Indiana Jones 5 and the Quest for Merchandise

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
KvHulk
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Indiana Jones 5 and the Quest for Merchandise

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:03 pm

Will definitely be getting the entire wave when they're discounted down to $9.99-$10.99.
ShootingtheGalaxy
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:34 pm

spinc wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:08 am
ShootingtheGalaxy wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:47 am
Buttmunch wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:23 am
I have to say they really nailed Toht. Some of those pics of him by the Ark feel so right. The overall shape and posing seems spot on for those scenes. He’s my favorite figure of the wave by far. I think he’s going to be one of those underrated figures that they just got perfect.
Well I always watch the source material while I shoot them lol ;P
And that two handed pistol grip! Dude! What a way to show off those butterfly joints! Awesome work.

How does the figure feel? Can he hit all those Indy poses? Is the likeness better in-hand?
Buttmunch wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:05 am
ShootingtheGalaxy wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:47 am
Buttmunch wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:23 am
I have to say they really nailed Toht. Some of those pics of him by the Ark feel so right. The overall shape and posing seems spot on for those scenes. He’s my favorite figure of the wave by far. I think he’s going to be one of those underrated figures that they just got perfect.
Well I always watch the source material while I shoot them lol ;P
Haha! Well you did a fantastic job with that! He in particular just seemed spot on to the film in your photos.

Not sure if you’re able to say much about the figures but do they seem to scale well with Black series? I’m assuming these will be most similar to the black series size and design wise than any of their other lines based on the same team managing it.
Thanks guys!

I can't talk about scaling because I have no idea lol. I didn't think to grab and black series figures off my desk and compare. I was too excited to have Indy figures in front of me.

The two handed pistol pose I knew was gonna sell those butterfly joints. I spent some time making sure that one looked perfect.

But the figures feel great to me! I dunno what I could compare them to but they were a joy to work with.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:57 pm

Another thing I love is the weathering.

That guy has seen some stuff.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KCE83
HULK SMASH!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:10 pm

spinc wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:33 am
I feel like the render looks better than the final release. In the render he looks super accurate to Harrison:

While the actual figure, the likeness looks off to me:

To be completely honest, in the image above he looks more like Russel Crowe than Indy.
Yeah I’m a little surprised people are praising this head sculpt so highly, I really don’t think it looks that great. Truthfully I thought it was supposed to be older Indy when they first showed it. Really hoping it looks better in-hand. Also, since they have swappable hands, where are the gloves?
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:39 pm

Perspective. I think we are excited about the likeness of Indiana Jones due to the only offerings we have had.

We had 4” figures previously, outside Hot Toys and soft goods figures. Of the 4” this was the best looking Indiana figure head. It’s 4” so a repaint would make it better.

Granted. Ford does seem to have a little longer face as it looks like this.

This is a much better painted head. The fedora is off but it’s the thickness of the brim. Best face on a plastic Indy.

Thwipp!

felgekarp
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:42 pm

A bunch of the UK places I’ve checked have sold out of Indy, managed to get one from nerd toys though in case anyone else is looking.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:56 pm

The face looks way too round for Ford.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:24 pm

KvHulk wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:03 pm
Will definitely be getting the entire wave when they're discounted down to $9.99-$10.99.
This line gives me Ghostbuster vibes and those were heavily discounted in the final stretch. Will grab Indy for now, but I am hoping the rest goes on massive clearance once the movie comes and goes.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:48 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:05 am
I really don’t understand them not allowing us to preorder all of wave one when they revealed the rest of the wave today. Makes preordering rather useless as you lose out on set/case benefits from most fan channel sites. I thought they learned that lesson from Star Wars a few years back. They’re regressing there too though.
I think they want to make sure the most important character that every one will want gets made enough of. Hasbro will no doubt make 4x Indy over the other characters.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:20 pm

Generically handsome, square-jawed dudes like Ford, William Shatner, and Bruce Campbell are notoriously difficult to capture a good likeness of because there aren’t any good unique features to emphasize, like high cheekbones or a really strong chin or a prominent brow. Sometimes a likeness might look amazing from one angle and terrible from another.

Anyway, there will be tons of custom heads from folks like Casting Cave. Yes, it’s annoying if you care enough to go that route, but a mass-produced 6” action figure is unlikely to give you a Hot Toys likeness (and even Hot Toys has blown it on Ford multiple times).

I thought the in-studio figure looked really good.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:25 pm

I wonder how long until they add the Indy body (and hat for hair?) option to the Selfie series? I could see that being a very popular option. The fleshtone neck/body/hands is probably the biggest hold up on being able to do that. They’d have to commit to making bodies in each fleshtone option to make it work but I think the response would be pretty positive.
KCE83
HULK SMASH!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:28 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:39 pm
Perspective. I think we are excited about the likeness of Indiana Jones due to the only offerings we have had.

We had 4” figures previously, outside Hot Toys and soft goods figures. Of the 4” this was the best looking Indiana figure head. It’s 4” so a repaint would make it better.

Granted. Ford does seem to have a little longer face as it looks like this.

This is a much better painted head. The fedora is off but it’s the thickness of the brim. Best face on a plastic Indy.

Thwipp!

But shouldn’t our perspective be informed by what Hasbro is doing now, rather than what they were doing 14 years ago? I know HF is a tough sculpt to get right, but Hasbro has demonstrated they can do better (Endor Han is probably the best HF sculpt they’ve ever done).

I’m definitely reserving judgment till I get him in hand, and I’m not saying it’s the worst HF sculpt ever, at certain angles it looks better than others. But I mostly judge based on straight-on shots, and it’s just hard for me to get excited about this.

I’m not trying to harsh anyone’s buzz, I just want Hasbro to do better.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:55 pm

I preordered Indy for now. I’ll probably order the rest once they are all available. Does anyone know the rom of the single joint elbow? Can it only go 90 degrees or can it bend even further?
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:19 pm

Hasbro has been pretty good about making sure they get a decent amount past 90, when designing the newer figures with single elbows.
Ecto121
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:29 pm

Instant preorder on Indy for me, I’ve been waiting for them to show something from this line since they first announced it earlier this year. Personally I love what they showed, I’m curious about the hat though. I’m pretty sure it’s removable since they list it as an accessory, but I’m wondering why they didn’t show any shots of him without it? All in all can’t wait to finally get this figure in hand, my custom is keeping my shelf warm for now but I’ll gladly replace it with this new Indy!

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”