Indiana Jones 5 and the Quest for Merchandise

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Indiana Jones 5 and the Quest for Merchandise

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:41 pm

JRSly wrote:
JTMarsh wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:18 am
Last Crusade Jacketless Indy
It's been too long since a watch cause I can't picture this off the top of my head. Immediately I imagine a jacket and tie variant.
Indy doesn’t appear jacketless in Last Crusade. He wears a few other outfits, but not the standard gear without the jacket.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:52 pm

featofstrength wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:38 pm
Here's a variant never attempted:
Packed with a black uniform Vogel?
He had better come that way. If we’re getting that version of Indy, then I’m going to need a German officer for him to throw out of the zeppelin.
And where's Lord Clarence MacDonald?!
Three pack this scene!
Four pack. Toss in Mickey Mouse, because…. Reasons.
Kassle
CROM!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 am

Last Crusade was my favorite as a kid. I need Indy, Elsa, Henry & Young Indy.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:48 am

Kassle wrote:
Thats my favorite as well. And I would buy all of those in a heartbeat. Add the Grail Knight though. Got have the Grail Knight.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:08 am

thefamousnicknaro wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:41 pm
Indy doesn’t appear jacketless in Last Crusade. He wears a few other outfits, but not the standard gear without the jacket.
Odd, I thought he was at points, but I may have just been thinking of this:

Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:15 am

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:48 am
Kassle wrote:
Thats my favorite as well. And I would buy all of those in a heartbeat. Add the Grail Knight though. Got have the Grail Knight.
Yes Grail Knight is a must and I’ll definitely buy multiples depending upon how good it looks.
Atleast 3,maybe more.
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:11 am

Okay! Awesome! So we're definitely getting a Black Series-style line for Indy, either a wave per movie or all mixed, like the black series line. We're also (probably) getting a 5" basic line for kids with minimal articulation, minimal paint, but maybe some cool accessories for kids, based on Indy 5. I mean this is the Hasbro standard right now, although this could change I guess. There'll probably be a 12" basic line too, with even less articulation and very stilted sculpts. There will be some sort of whip roleplay toy for kids, and I wouldn't put it past them to release a replica version for adults too, although how do you make it non-functional as a weapon is beyond me. They could maybe make some other artifact replicas too, but that's a bit more far-fetched.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:10 am

I just need a good Indy to hang out with Dr. Aphra. They may run into Han on an adventure.
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:30 am

How about a Mission Fleet line? That would be a great way to get some cool play sets. Also at that scale the could easily make an air-up Zeppelin like the old TMNT blimp.
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:13 am

bgiles73 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:30 am
How about a Mission Fleet line? That would be a great way to get some cool play sets. Also at that scale the could easily make an air-up Zeppelin like the old TMNT blimp.
And vehicles! The ark chase scene recreated! There could be a few cool things to come out of it, nice idea!
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:57 pm

I would be down for Mission Fleet Indy. Even though I'm an old-school 3.75in fan, I would go with this and a 6-inch line for the sake of something new...and for fear that vehicles and playsets wont be made any other way.
thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:15 pm

featofstrength wrote:I would be down for Mission Fleet Indy. Even though I'm an old-school 3.75in fan, I would go with this and a 6-inch line for the sake of something new...and for fear that vehicles and playsets wont be made any other way.
I really hope the fact that they haven’t done the Mission Fleet style for any of their other lines means they won’t for Indy either. It’s obvious they’ll do 6”, but he also deserves a proper 4” line on par with TVC. Hasbro has come so far in the past 15 years. If they did all 3 scales, I’d ecstatically buy them all. But if it’s between 2.5” and 4”, I have to pull for 4”.
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:42 pm

I collected the 2008 line and enjoyed it, but I do not see 4" figures in the cards, at least not beyond a few special releases. The Vintage Collection has been on life support for years, I don't see them investing in two collector-targeted scales. Hasbro has been pretty up front about focusing on the Black Series and their reasoning, It's just the massive legacy of 4" Star Wars that has kept them from pulling the plug entirely. Indiana Jones doesn't have that legacy of cultural attachment to a specific scale and style. I will count myself lucky if we get a few good Indy variations, and major villains and supporting characters. I dare to hope for Belloq, Toht, Mola Ram, Henry Jones Sr, and Marion. A German Mechanic and Sallah would put me over the moon.
thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Indiana Jones 5 and the Quest for Merchandise

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:11 pm

PresidentJuggernaut wrote:I collected the 2008 line and enjoyed it, but I do not see 4" figures in the cards, at least not beyond a few special releases. The Vintage Collection has been on life support for years, I don't see them investing in two collector-targeted scales. Hasbro has been pretty up front about focusing on the Black Series and their reasoning, It's just the massive legacy of 4" Star Wars that has kept them from pulling the plug entirely. Indiana Jones doesn't have that legacy of cultural attachment to a specific scale and style. I will count myself lucky if we get a few good Indy variations, and major villains and supporting characters. I dare to hope for Belloq, Toht, Mola Ram, Henry Jones Sr, and Marion. A German Mechanic and Sallah would put me over the moon.
The Vintage Collection isn’t on life support. The newly sculpted figures are incredible and frequently sell out their preorders. Most store exclusives sell out their preorders. They’ve been doing really nice work with vehicles and playsets, and I have to hope they’d want to do the same for Indy.

Not for anything, but Indy’s first line was 1/18 and it’s largest line was 1/18. So while it doesn’t have as massive a legacy, it does have precedent.

I just don’t see Hasbro only putting everything into a $25+ 6” line. They’re gonna want some $15 and lower price points out there.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:05 pm

as much as I would like a whole Black Series type wave/waves for Indy, I honestly wouldn't mind reissued/improved 3 3/4" with the face print/photo real on them.

as long as I get Indy from Temple of Doom, Marion (in her Cairo or white dress) and Willie in her sacrificial gown, i'll be happy.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”