Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:50 pm

It's so strange, because Drizz't is dang near a perfect figure, and D&D has never been more popular. I wish they hadn't done a prestige style figure first, though, given Drizz't hasn't seemed to sell out completely. Maybe if the first figure had been 20/25 bucks they would've had more buyers to indicate interest.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:09 pm

Was only available in North America. I would have gladly ordered one if I had the option.
EICzerofour
HULK SMASH!

Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:35 pm

There are so many great characters we could get. Drizzt's friends / fellow champions of the hall, others from the novels, characters from the old show, the old ljn toy line (Warduke when?) or even just generic races from the universe.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 pm

I keep waiting for there to be a bit splash with this line. Maybe at the big D&D event of the year? It's usually in the late spring or early summer. It's just so strange they only did the one figure.
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:30 am

They did announce there will be figures from WizKids. Not sure what these will be like. They also mentioned DST will have product not sure about figures. I think we will definitely see something to coincide with the new movie for sure! WizKids action figures are supposed to be out this Spring.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:41 am

It's certainly an absolutely bizarre decision to make a 100% newly sculpted figure with all those extra items, including a 100% new animal companion sculpt with full articulation... and then just do nothing after that.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Next up: Hasbro announces Magic: The Gathering figures and only ever releases Jace. If McF had only put out a God-Emperor and nothing else we'd really be rolling.
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:51 pm

I better get a Profion. With voice chip.

You listening, Hasbro?

SuperSoldier
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 1:42 am

docsilence wrote:
I keep waiting for there to be a bit splash with this line. Maybe at the big D&D event of the year? It's usually in the late spring or early summer. It's just so strange they only did the one figure.
Click Here&nbsp

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but this figure was probably made to coincide with the upcoming D&D Dark Alliance video game. Drizzt is one of the main playable characters and the figure seems to closely follow the in-game model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaobG3z18zg
The game was first shown a year ago and will be releasing soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvG4WcCfRZA
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 4:08 am

SuperSoldier wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:42 am
docsilence wrote:
Click Here&nbsp

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but this figure was probably made to coincide with the upcoming D&D Dark Alliance video game. Drizzt is one of the main playable characters and the figure seems to closely follow the in-game model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaobG3z18zg
The game was first shown a year ago and will be releasing soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvG4WcCfRZA
That would make sooooo much sense, to release a wave with the other playable characters, a villain or two, and maybe a redeco of Drizz't as a regular wave. I'm not a huge Forgotten Realms/RA Salvatore fan but I'd pick up figures from the game in a New York Minute because I want future waves. It's releasing really soon and where there isn't movie-level buzz with it, I could see Hasbro not hyping the figures too far in advance (especially with video games having notoriously movable release dates).
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 10:57 am

A game tie in does make a lot of sense. Especially when Hasbro does it on the sly like with GI Joe (IIRC it wasn't clear the figures were based on an upcoming game at first, hence the odd color schemes). Now I have to look into this video game as well!

Edit- the game is currently scheduled for June 22, 2021 release. The standard edition is only $40.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”