Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dungeons & Dragons: Drizzt released

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:04 pm

Subby wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:05 am
I don’t buy 3 3/4” figures but I’d support a 6” line. Drizzt is one of the best figures Hasbro has ever made.
With all the cross license dealings surrounding Hasbro lately. I’m hoping maybe we can have our cake and eat it too. If Hasbro doesn’t take it upon themselves to do more 6” figures after Drizzt that will truly be a waste of so much potential. On that same note with Hasbro adding Fortnite to their own roster, and Jazwares and McFarlane no longer doing 6” and 7” it seems like it could be practical for WizKids and Jazwares to knock out a hell of a 4” line for D&D, but it doesn’t mention Jazwares directly in the toynewsi.com story that first mentioned this, nor was any kind of scale mentioned. So there again more hopeful speculation on my part. I really hope that Hasbro’s Drizzt wasn’t a one shot and done kind of thing and I hope WizKids can provide us with something uniquely their own. I’m not wanting two 6” lines doing the exact same figures, I would like to see a 4” scale Drizzt with a octagonal stand and content for use in the RPG! I’m really anxious to see some of these awesome characters realized as upsized figures in both of these scales.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:46 am

Got the hook-up on a Drizzt from a fellow Fwoosher (who is a scholar and a gentleman) and he really is the very knees of the bees. The skin tone is a little off, but besides that I really can't think of anything I would have done differently for this figure. The swappable hair and heads, the swords, the costume detail, the articulation on both figures.. it's all damn near perfect. It really is an excellent figure worthy of every bit of praise it gets. The only downside is not having anyone for him to fight.
gunbuster718
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:49 am

I have him it against Malekith, various Mythic Legion, and the Marvel Universe Frost Giant. Hopefully they will make more.

I think some generic fantasy monsters like goblins, ogres, orcs, etc, will fit well too with figmas.

The last 10 years of anime has been big with Isekais, so there might be markets for anime crowds too.
Jett
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:45 pm

So all this talk about Dungeons & Dragons had me wondering if there really is any legitimate interest in product based on the 80s cartoon or if it is really just wishful thinking by us fanboys.

As I was strolling through my Books-a-million yesterday I came across a box of collectible keychain figures based on Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying characters.

Neat, but nothing I collect....reminded me they tend to focus on the roleplay universe and made me wonder about future releases from Hasbro to go with my Drizzt figure.

So I round the corner and on the other side of the shelf I see another box, but this one says series 2 and again contains collectible keychain figures based on Dungeons & Dragons...but its the cartoon characters!

Maybe there is hope for both versions of Dungeons & Dragons to exist in future assortments. Hopefully the interest in the cartoon is strong enough to convince them to mix them in. Anyway, for those interested, you so rarely see any D&D cartoon merchandise, I did grab two blind bags and they are actually pretty cute and kind of neat little collectibles. I wont use them as keychains since they stand just fine. I got Hank and Presto.

jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:29 pm

I believe I posted on the cartoon keychains in another thread somewhere a while back. At this point I've found them all except Venger and Eric.
mainman
Super Poseable

Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Here’s my dream wave:

Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:51 am

Jett wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:45 pm
So all this talk about Dungeons & Dragons had me wondering if there really is any legitimate interest in product based on the 80s cartoon or if it is really just wishful thinking by us fanboys.

As I was strolling through my Books-a-million yesterday I came across a box of collectible keychain figures based on Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying characters.

Neat, but nothing I collect....reminded me they tend to focus on the roleplay universe and made me wonder about future releases from Hasbro to go with my Drizzt figure.

So I round the corner and on the other side of the shelf I see another box, but this one says series 2 and again contains collectible keychain figures based on Dungeons & Dragons...but its the cartoon characters!

Maybe there is hope for both versions of Dungeons & Dragons to exist in future assortments. Hopefully the interest in the cartoon is strong enough to convince them to mix them in. Anyway, for those interested, you so rarely see any D&D cartoon merchandise, I did grab two blind bags and they are actually pretty cute and kind of neat little collectibles. I wont use them as keychains since they stand just fine. I got Hank and Presto.

I bought a case of these because it’s the best cartoon version of D&D ever made. Still my favorite cartoon after almost 40 years.

Hope to get 2 Vengers.
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:16 am

It looks like Diamond Select Toys will also be offering Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering products. Action Figures aren’t straight out mentioned but I would assume they might since they mention some of the product will be retro style I wonder if they might have access to the old LJN AD&D molds. That would be really cool! They also mention contemporary type product and Minimates. I have a feeling there will be a D&D select line starting with the animated characters and the eventual release of the live action movie characters that is in preproduction, but wouldn’t it be great to have characters from Dragon Lance and Forgotten Realms, as well as characters like Warduke in a modern action figure with full articulation. All this and WizKids working on their own line of figures. I wonder if Hasbro will do a D&D line as well? It’s a good time to be a fan of fantasy RPGs!
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/coll ... -products/
Subby
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:46 am

I don't usually buy a lot of DST products except for some classic Marvel action figures. I know that they have produced a lot of busts and statues and I believe that they will be limited to that with D&D and Magic.
With the movie on the way, a hack n slash game and an open world game, everyone will want a piece of that market.
EICzerofour
HULK SMASH!

Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:04 am

Sweet, as a Power Rangers and dnd fan I am excited to see what dst will do with them! I hope we get more Drizzt, as well as other characters from FR books.

I also want Warduke. And a Mindflair would be sooo sick.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:22 am

I just ordered this guy. If KnightDamien gives the figure high praise I have to see what it's all about.
KnightDamien

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:34 am

drkknght64 wrote: I just ordered this guy. If KnightDamien gives the figure high praise I have to see what it's all about.
:lol: I fear you may be overestimating my standards. But I hope you enjoy him, nonetheless!
I still haven't settled on a pose for him yet because he looks cool in a lot of different ways - especially with the different face/hair options. It's one of those very rare times where, if this were a regular 20-dollar retail figure I'd be legitimately tempted to have two.
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:49 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
drkknght64 wrote: I just ordered this guy. If KnightDamien gives the figure high praise I have to see what it's all about.
:lol: I fear you may be overestimating my standards. But I hope you enjoy him, nonetheless!
I still haven't settled on a pose for him yet because he looks cool in a lot of different ways - especially with the different face/hair options. It's one of those very rare times where, if this were a regular 20-dollar retail figure I'd be legitimately tempted to have two.
V’ger
Better make that three. The box art on Drizzt is incredible too.
KnightDamien

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:18 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:49 pm
KnightDamien wrote:
V’ger
Better make that three. The box art on Drizzt is incredible too.
I have a strict rule against collecting anything MOC. But yeah.. this is one of those times where that's a close one too, because you're right that the presentation is very nice.
Subby
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:42 pm

A new Hasbro online event has been announced but nothing about Dungeons & Dragons.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”