Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dungeons & Dragons: Drizzt released

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:23 pm

I've gotten into the habit of almost always heating hands on figures that have tight grips since, chances are, either the hand or the accessory features some paint so you're bound to strip one. With Drizzt, after I heated the gripping hands they settled into form with a wide enough gap that I can slip the swords in from the side and then twist them in his hands to orientate them properly without the need for more heat.

I had a little fun with the snow last night, which is what really made me wish Drizzt had a hood.
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:28 am
I'll have to look up the significance of the necklace sometime.
It's the symbol of his goddess, Mielikki. Regis carved it for him. But at this point in the series (well, the last one I read at least, I'm three books behind at this point) he no longer worships her, so...
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:25 am

I got mine today. It was scheduled for Monday, but delayed due to the Winter Storm. I actually expected it later this week rather than the next day. Here's some pics I took. Next to the Mythic Legions elf body and the Knight army builder body. Since theres a joint at the bottom of the neck, you can take it out a replace it with a Black Series neck and head for example.

Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:33 am

jonaskane wrote:
Sloth15 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:28 am
I'll have to look up the significance of the necklace sometime.
It's the symbol of his goddess, Mielikki. Regis carved it for him. But at this point in the series (well, the last one I read at least, I'm three books behind at this point) he no longer worships her, so...
That's cool. Thanks for the background info!
gunbuster718
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 am

Painted up Drizzt's face to more of a purple because out of box he looks so pale.

Would be cool if someone will do a head, hair and neck cast for him. I wanna try the more coal color looking drow complexion too.

Also thinking about a bit of weathering on his armor but I don't know to what.
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Really happy with Drizzt.

Hope we get a Cattie Brie and Wulfgar.
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:48 pm

I've been thinking about buying another just to rework him. I like the figure, but I'd like a more Larry Elmore-ish version a lot, too.
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 am

Made a lazy Catti-Brie kitbash out of MCU Sif with an MJ 2020 head. Perfect scale, which made sense since GwenJ is smaller than every comic legend.

Tossed on a spare Dani bow and a random sword and it's good enough for playing.

However!

Is Drizzt supposed to have waist swivel? The Fwoosh review mentioned it but didn't really demonstrate anything to my eye, and even after a week with the guy and heat, my waist doesn't do anything. Forward. Back. Twist. I can get some irrelevant side to side.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:01 am

I thought it wasn’t there at first too, but the waist does twist under the belt. I was trying to grab him at the belt to twist like on most figures, but nothing moves. I had to grab the legs to get the waist swivel to move.
gunbuster718
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:38 pm

I think I have figured it out. The waist is actually a ball-joint sitting on top of the hip/belt. But the skirt armor, if you look at the back, is glued to the waist via a little tab. So even if you swivel the waist, the skirt armor follows the waist wherever it turns, but there is still some wiggle room for you to do some side to side. Not sure if I wanna cut the little tab on the back of the skirt armor though.
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:01 pm

You're both great and correct.

I was grabbing the belt.

Thank you. Whew.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Matt has some awesome photos (as always) up on the front page. Makes the figure look even more amazing.
Although I disagree with Matt about the scale. At 6-1/4" there's no way Drizzt is in scale more with SWB. He's, if anything, barely small enough to be ML scale, although I think that's just Hasbro messing up. Drizzt is supposed to be 5'4" -- he should be close to Wolverine in height. If he's taller than Greedo, he's way too tall for SWB. Proportionally, though, he wouldn't look right with 7" figures despite that's probably closer to what would fit with Drizzt's height.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Guess they Hugh Jackman'd him up then.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:30 pm

Matthew K wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:45 pm
Guess they Hugh Jackman'd him up then.
:lol:

Basically. Like, I get why they'd go that route - especially for the first figure in a potential line where you want customers to see 'this is a 6" line' - an issue that might be confused if he were made in actual 1:12 scale. But it does mean if this is the start of an actual full line, he'll probably be out of scale with everyone else. Which is just a tiny bit of a bummer. He still looks fantastic, either way.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:32 pm

That height thing is why I think I really like him next to Mythic Legions. Thematically it works better anyway, and he's short enough it feels closer to scale than with other Hasbro stuff. (It's the Wolverine thing, I have a soft spot for tough, diminutive heroes. Also why I like that Tom Holland is basically hobbit-sized as Spidey.)

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”