Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:51 pm

I pre ordered 1Nedry getaway set. 1 is all I need, but thats kind of crazy they limited this set to that.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:39 am

I repainted one of my Tiger stripe raptors to make it look like the female Tiger stripe raptor since I don’t believe Mattel will ever give us both versions. This is just one of three that will be changed to this skin pattern. I also did some more work on the male raptors to make their color schemes more accurate to the films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rodimus Supreme
I wish I had super powers

Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 am

Nice job on the raptors!

I do hope Hasbro gets bold enough to make an Amber Collection T-Rex, Spinosaurus, Indominus Rex, and Indoraptor. Other dinosaurs larger than the raptors would be great too.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Has anyone compared the Amber Pterradon and the standard one? I just got the Amber from Target...

Not excited for the price.

I should find some pics.

Thwipp!

NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:35 pm

My new Raptor and the Pteranodon arrived today. I’m pleased with them. I like the soft plastic they used for the wings, but I worry about them deteriorating over time. I wonder if Hasbro could use plastic this soft for capes. Mattel seems to be able to handle it.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Got my Raptor and Pteranadon today too. The Pteranadon is great! Love the colors and the execution of the wings and articulation. Still one of my favorite scenes in the movies. I was hoping I wouldn't be tempted to get a second one, but now I think I am. Part of me wants to wait and see if it goes on sale, since we had an overflow of Echo and Charlie here, but part of me worries that Target won't order more since the others didn't really sell. I'll wait and see.

I like the new clear bases, but part of me misses the yellow, even if it did look like a big puddle of pee when used with the pegs. If they could give it a more orange-ish tint like amber really has, I think it could work.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:35 pm

I love my pteranadon too. Do you guys have an opinion for how to orient and articulate the legs for the fullest and most anatomically correct range of motion for when they're in the air and when they're in the ground? All of the segments can rotate fully around, so I've seen them oriented a number of ways in both the promo images and reviews. Seems to me that at least one of the promo images has them backwards when I compare them to the way the animators oriented the legs in Jurassic Park III.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:38 pm

How do you guys like the new tiger-stripe raptor compared to the others? I haven't bought him yet and may wait for a sale unless he's clearly better than the others. I've got all of them except Blue (he's been in my BBTS pile of loot for months), and right now I like the other tiger-stripe Charlie best.
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:32 pm

Nice raptor repaint!

My current take on the line is a bit of disappointment - there's a successful Netflix kids show out there (about to release a 3rd season) and they've only produced 1 human character? They don't want to play Camp Cretaceous with just one kid. The kids in my fam are very frustrated they don't have Brooklynn, Kenji, Yaz, Sammy & Ben.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Got my raptor & ptera.

Raptor is what we've come to expect, but in different colors (a compliment).

Pteranodon...I'm having buyer's remorse. I definitely need some cool pose pictures from you guys, because I don't know what to do with it.

I really kinda wish the wings were jointed instead of bendy, at least.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:01 am

Just got the obligatory delay email from Target for my 4" Nedry set. 27th now. Not the end of the world but still sucks.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:10 pm

I’m sharing the buyer’s remorse. It doesn’t look any more advanced than the standard dino which costs less. Flight stand? I’m not feeling it as I look at the package. I won’t remove it so I can return it.

Pteranodon’s are cool looking. The paint is definitely better than standard figure. Size looks about the same. Not sure about posability.

Thwipp!

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:36 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:10 pm
I’m sharing the buyer’s remorse. It doesn’t look any more advanced than the standard dino which costs less. Flight stand? I’m not feeling it as I look at the package. I won’t remove it so I can return it.

Pteranodon’s are cool looking. The paint is definitely better than standard figure. Size looks about the same. Not sure about posability.

Articulation on this new pteranodon is EVERYTHING special about it, as is true of the raptors and dilophosaurus from this line so far. The paint job is also nice, and relating to how it can move no other pterosaur compares to this one. The negativity in this thread is confounding...this figure is absolutely fantastic, best pterosaur to date. :? As every review on it on Youtube to date confirms. Unless you just want it standing eternally stationary on a shelf, in which case there are better pteranodons, this release is a winner.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 pm

https://toynewsi.com/241-38829

MUST HAVE!!

It's the Explorer and Tim, with a T-Rex.
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:47 pm

AWESOME - TIM!

And...wtf? Happy Tim is coming but WHY NOT INCLUDE LEX? We are so close to having all of the major characters in figural form. Grrrr.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”