Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:20 am

eatingasnowcone wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:37 pm
eatingasnowcone wrote:Image

ITS OFFICIAL
That is definitely an outline of the lost world Ian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, definitely Lost World, which makes sense, and I'm glad it is. Another JP1 would be odd.
And it also makes sense about the rumor the T-rex also comes with 3 compys. If its the Baby t-Rex, its probably not even the size of a human figure, so maybe they are going to supplement with compys.
Also, its weird the pteranodon is not listed. I want that one as well. The only one I don't want is the dimorphodon.
I’m kinda relieved to find out that we are getting a baby T-Rex. That kind of solidifies to me that we might very well get it’s parents too. And the Buck and Doe rex were always my favorite tyrannosaurs from the franchise.

SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:54 am

^ They would have to be MORE articulated than the colossal Rex we already got, or I'm not biting. I already bought 2 of the smaller scale Rexes to stand in for adolescent Rexes, so if they make them like the Raptors but colossal size, I'm in.
panther10

Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:09 am

SalemCrow wrote:^ They would have to be MORE articulated than the colossal Rex we already got, or I'm not biting. I already bought 2 of the smaller scale Rexes to stand in for adolescent Rexes, so if they make them like the Raptors but colossal size, I'm in.
Yeah same

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:10 am

I kind of doubt we'll see Mattel release an Amber adult T-Rex as it would be size of the colossal one but have more articulation. Not sure if we've seen Mattel tackle such pricey boys toys at retail.

I do appreciate Mattel is upping their Amber releases and are committing to more than just a human a year and a dino here or there. It'll be interesting to see just how much Amber stuff makes it to stores this year. I think the next movie isn't due till summer 2022, so getting this much product on an off-movie year would be amazing.
eatingasnowcone
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:59 am

I agree, I don't think we will get full scale big dinos in the amber collection.
Unless all of these waves do really well.

I was also just remembering, we can't trust these silhouettes completely.
Remember when they teased Nedry? His tease had him holding a stick with is hood up, but that's not how the figure ended up.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:16 am

Hold on to your butts (and wallets).

So glad to see the JP humans filled out. I really hope they get around to Tim and Lex though, too. They're just as vital a part of the movie, and a big draw for younger audiences. Didn't really care for the kid characters in any of the other movies, but Tim and Lex were great. It would be awesome to recreate the "Raptors in the Kitchen" scene in full 6-inch scale!
panther10

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:35 pm

I have been all in on the Amber collection regardless, because six inch scale JP figures have been something that I have been craving for a really long time, but to see this entire slate of releases from the pipeline really has got me hyped. I don’t think I’ve been this excited for JP stuff since the first wave of Kenner toys came out

Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:42 pm

Even money says Lex and Tim appear in a convention exclusive set this year. *Maybe* next summer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

panther10

Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:08 pm

Piffy wrote:Even money says Lex and Tim appear in a convention exclusive set this year. *Maybe* next summer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Yeah that’s a possibility. Even money says we get their tour vehicle too.

Also I’m hoping we get more announcements this year. Even beyond the buck and doe rex I’d love a Henry Wu, Roland Tembo, Eddie Carr, Nick Van Owen, Sarah Harding, Kelly Malcolm, Donald Genarro, Dieter Stark, Peter Ludlow and Robert Burke.

For the dinosaurs I’d like to see the Triceratops, Young t-rex from the first novel (ImageImagefor that one), lost world stego and baby stego, gallimimus, parasaurolophus, pachycephhlosaurus, TLW pteranodon, Rexy, Brachiosaurus and Memenchosaurus.

eatingasnowcone
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Personally, after all these get released, I'm pretty satisfied.
Would love, Lex, Tim, and a Jeep.
Maybe the Tour vehicle.

Anything else beyond that is just a bonus.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:37 am

Of course I want as many dinos as possible, especially a Parasaurolophus, but I'd say, assuming they stick to the same price point and don't evolve into deluxe releases, I'd say the most realistic future possibilities would be JP3 Raptor (male and female), Gallimimus, Stygimoloch, and maybe a baby Stegosaurus from TLW. I'd be all for a Triceratops, Stegosaurus, etc., but they'd almost definitely have to be at a higher price point, unless they just scale them down. Obviously the Raptors are the arguable most popular dino, and so releasing plenty of variations is a given, but maybe by reusing the mold and saving money, it'll mean a little more flexibility for future waves to expand into bigger territory.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:44 am

I would be super excited for Mattel to make a few Deluxe SKUS for larger Dinosaurs in the Amber collection. One price for Triceratops or Stegosaurus, a higher price for a T-Rex, etc.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:56 pm

Maybe I missed it mentioned here, but the Spino is being rereleased/repainted for Camp Cretaceous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V_7qJhg0Tk

She mentions she's in Canada, so hopefully we actually get a chance down here in the States this time. Thankfully I prefer this new color scheme.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:27 pm

New Spino looks great! I kinda like the old colors better- something about dark grey and red together really catches my eye- but since I missed the first release, this will do nicely! I get why lots of people dislike the Spinosaurus, taking out Rexy and all, but I was all about it back when JP3 came out, and even though we've since learned that portrayal was fairly inaccurate, I still love this beefy armed sail boy.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:54 pm

Oh, T-Rex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spino all day.

But it's a cool looking dino I'm familiar with, and I'd like to add it to my collection.

Also, I thought Rexy was confirmed to be the same one in both JWs?

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”