Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
hotmitts
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

Fri May 27, 2022 11:38 pm

fac wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm
Falling Downer wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:25 am
Man, I've turned into an addict for this stuff. I've been buying a lot of the non-Hammond regular line toys now, too. Sure the Hammond Collection has more articulation and paint, but I think the main line dinos fit in fine. And no matter how successful the Hammond Collection becomes, I doubt they'll get to as many species as they've done in the standard line...especially if it hasn't actually appeared in the films. I love the smaller $8 "Wild Pack" (and all of the various iterations thereof) critters.
By my count they are close to 75 different dinosaur species in the regular line going back to the start, and at least half of those have been done in multiple paint apps. So yeah, very unlikely the Hammond collection gets to that depth. I too got addicted (years ago) by the variety and that it is just fun to have a small flock of Pteranodons in different color schemes.
I'm curious to know what the most off-beat and unusual dinosaurs are that have come from this range are , do people think? - I saw a great crocodile type beast which looked worth getting...
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 5:46 am

hotmitts wrote:
fac wrote:
By my count they are close to 75 different dinosaur species in the regular line going back to the start, and at least half of those have been done in multiple paint apps. So yeah, very unlikely the Hammond collection gets to that depth. I too got addicted (years ago) by the variety and that it is just fun to have a small flock of Pteranodons in different color schemes.
I'm curious to know what the most off-beat and unusual dinosaurs are that have come from this range are , do people think? - I saw a great crocodile type beast which looked worth getting...
Sarchosuchus...the giant crocodile? Yeah, I'm trying to find that one for a good price.

For me personally, the weirdest one they've done is Shringasuarus. When they revealed that, my brain almost refused to believe it was a real creature. The toy has a very Jurassic Park-y dino head with two horns on top like a bull. But I guess in real life, they think it was more like a giant monitor lizard.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 1:51 pm

Falling Downer wrote:
hotmitts wrote:
fac wrote:
...it is just fun to have a small flock of Pteranodons in different color schemes.
Sarchosuchus...the giant crocodile? Yeah, I'm trying to find that one for a good price.

For me personally, the weirdest one they've done is Shringasuarus.
Sarchosuchus is cool, there are two color schemes released so far. Sauropelta, Ankylosaurus, and Miragaia are different and work well with Sarcho as "on all fours" dinos. In that vein is Dimetrodon, with the giant fin like thing on its back - there was a regular release and now an Extreme Damage one at WalMart. The Extreme Damage one has some nice colors.

I like the assorted "...tops" - Nasutaceratops and Sinoceratops as well. And the Plesiosaurus which is like a mini Lock Ness Monster.

Many of the medium to large size "on hind legs" dinos sort or run together for me.
hotmitts
HULK SMASH!

Sat May 28, 2022 7:50 pm

fac wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:51 pm
Falling Downer wrote:
hotmitts wrote:

For me personally, the weirdest one they've done is Shringasuarus.
Sarchosuchus is cool, there are two color schemes released so far. Sauropelta, Ankylosaurus, and Miragaia are different and work well with Sarcho as "on all fours" dinos. In that vein is Dimetrodon, with the giant fin like thing on its back - there was a regular release and now an Extreme Damage one at WalMart. The Extreme Damage one has some nice colors.

I like the assorted "...tops" - Nasutaceratops and Sinoceratops as well. And the Plesiosaurus which is like a mini Lock Ness Monster.

Many of the medium to large size "on hind legs" dinos sort or run together for me.
Thanks fac, plenty to look into there
thewyldman
Customized

Sun May 29, 2022 3:35 pm

Anybody have a picture of a Msterverse figure riding the Giganotsaurus? You know for science
hotmitts
HULK SMASH!

Sun May 29, 2022 7:06 pm

thewyldman wrote:
Anybody have a picture of a Msterverse figure riding the Giganotsaurus? You know for science
This is definitely the pressing scientific question of our times.

Not my video at all but came across this, I think these are 'classics' figures :
https://youtu.be/jGwEDg3bUow
thewyldman
Customized

Sun May 29, 2022 8:00 pm

hotmitts wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 7:06 pm
thewyldman wrote:
This is definitely the pressing scientific question of our times.

Not my video at all but came across this, I think these are 'classics' figures :
https://youtu.be/jGwEDg3bUow
Yeah, I think that'll work out well...
thewyldman
Customized

Sun May 29, 2022 10:03 pm

Yeah that really works
thewyldman
Customized

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:59 am

Here is how the Giganotosaurus looks ridden by a masterverse figure:

Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:21 pm

Viking He-Man riding a Giganotosaurus?? That is the most bad ass thing I've seen in awhile. No disrespect to Battle Cat, who is my favorite MOTU character. But you ride in on a Giga, wearing a Viking helmet.........people take you seriously.

All the basic and Hammond Collection stuff aside, I have also really been enjoying all of these Mini dinos and Mini playsets. And just today i pre ordered all 3 Mix assortments of the Jurassic World Matchbox vehicles on Entertainment Earth to go with the mini dinos and playsets.

I saw Collect Jurassic on Youtube showed Wave 2 of the blind box minis. All of them look really fun, especially the cargo trucks that come with the mini humans. This time we get Dr. Grant and Kayla, and Kayla also comes with a plane.
hotmitts
HULK SMASH!

Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMOzW4P3cJI

hadn't seen this before - closer film of t rex
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Found a returned Amber JPIII Raptor at Target yesterday, with one of his arm pegs not pushed in all the way, and the box not even taped back shut. Asked for a discount because of these, and they gave me half off (since it was ringing up full price)! I couldn't push it in at work when I checked to make sure nothing was broken, but after a little heat at home, it slid in no problem.

Definitely not going to insult the person who returned it, because this iteration is literally one of my favorite action figures of all time (the Raptor mold in general is spectacular, but the color scheme & head feathers of the male push it above the rest), so I was very happy to snag a second one for $15!
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:21 pm

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone know of/would recommend any good customizers out there who would be able to turn one of the existing Amber Collection Raptors into the female Raptor from JP3? It's just such a glaring, unfortunate omission to me that I'd love to be able to correct it if I can. I've seen some beautiful customs online, but I wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of customizing anything myself, especially without it looking sloppy. Can't afford it just yet, but it's definitely something I want to do when I can.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:51 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:Bit of an odd question, but does anyone know of/would recommend any good customizers out there who would be able to turn one of the existing Amber Collection Raptors into the female Raptor from JP3? It's just such a glaring, unfortunate omission to me that I'd love to be able to correct it if I can. I've seen some beautiful customs online, but I wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of customizing anything myself, especially without it looking sloppy. Can't afford it just yet, but it's definitely something I want to do when I can.
You could contact someone like RodsRandomWork on Instagram because he’s done custom 3D printed replacement head casts for the Amber Collection raptors to great effect and he can make the JP3 female for you. The bigger task though is that after the head casts are done, you’d have to get the raptors repainted as well because the JP3 females had that chalky black and while stripy pattern like a cross between a falcon and a monitor lizard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Postalboy
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:52 am

I took advantage of the BOGO sale today and noticed the colossal Giganotosaurus rang up $30 before even adding a second dino. I paired it with the Therizinosauras and the Giganotosauras went down to $23.08 (Therizinosauras down to $26.91).

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”