Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

Wed May 25, 2022 3:11 pm

I swear I saw it on BBTS...

But yeah, I too panicked about missing the Parasaurolophus preorder when it went up, as I was under the impression from this thread that HC was a Target exclusive, but not only did it come back up for preorder when all the new JWD toys went out, but I was even able to cancel it when I found it in stores, and it's been more plentiful than the Baryonyx (which was the only "Voyager" I could find on that release day) since.

Also, in terms of Hammond vs. Legacy, for the most part, I plan to keep all the LC dinos to accentuate the flocks & herds, but I might get rid of most if not all of my LC Rexes. I've always felt like it should be a more scant species to add to the terrifying aspect of them. (Well, and definitely only need one Spino & Indominus, if we ever get HC versions of them...)
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 3:48 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
I swear I saw it on BBTS...

But yeah, I too panicked about missing the Parasaurolophus preorder when it went up, as I was under the impression from this thread that HC was a Target exclusive, but not only did it come back up for preorder when all the new JWD toys went out, but I was even able to cancel it when I found it in stores, and it's been more plentiful than the Baryonyx (which was the only "Voyager" I could find on that release day) since.

Also, in terms of Hammond vs. Legacy, for the most part, I plan to keep all the LC dinos to accentuate the flocks & herds, but I might get rid of most if not all of my LC Rexes. I've always felt like it should be a more scant species to add to the terrifying aspect of them. (Well, and definitely only need one Spino & Indominus, if we ever get HC versions of them...)
Im not counting on many other larger Hammond collection dinos, but who knows!

I picked up an extra Spino to attempt repainting myself (it's on clearance for 12.99 at Target.com right now). Now I just have to find the time to do it!
thewyldman
Customized

Wed May 25, 2022 7:27 pm

TENIME_art wrote:

Yeah no reason to really get rid of the non-HC dinos. Let's be really most dinosaurs aren't going to require dramatic posing and they are already pretty much in scale with each other
hotmitts
HULK SMASH!

Thu May 26, 2022 11:08 am

I was trying to post images from the screengrabs I took of the new video, but the links didn't work...where are people getting their images hosted these days (for free)

edit..ah maybe i got it

Image Image Image
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:36 pm

The Hammond Collection T-Rex definitely went up on BBTS, though the link is gone now. I sent the listing to a buddy after he missed out on the target pre-order & he got an order in with them. Maybe they jumped the gun on a timed exclusive or something?Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:55 pm

Ha. I knew I had seen the Hammond T-Rex listed at BBTS. You’re probably right it’s a timed exclusive and BBTS jumped the gun.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 8:21 pm

Thank you for proving I'm not that crazy, FBD!

Ugh, it's such a bummer the Trike can't open its mouth. How's Ellie supposed to check its tongue!?
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Thu May 26, 2022 8:27 pm

I absolutely have the Rex preordered via BBTS. I just checked and it's still listed under my orders, even though clicking on the item shows it's been taken down. So that's encouraging.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

the-killer-wc
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 27, 2022 12:41 am

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:36 pm
The Hammond Collection T-Rex definitely went up on BBTS, though the link is gone now. I sent the listing to a buddy after he missed out on the target pre-order & he got an order in with them. Maybe they jumped the gun on a timed exclusive or something?Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Damn it I missed that.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 2:07 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Ugh, it's such a bummer the Trike can't open its mouth. How's Ellie supposed to check its tongue!?
I suppose we don't know the mouth doesn't open. But there have been no pics of it being open, so I'm just assuming it can't open. Otherwise, they'd show that off.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 7:25 am

Man, I've turned into an addict for this stuff. I've been buying a lot of the non-Hammond regular line toys now, too. Sure the Hammond Collection has more articulation and paint, but I think the main line dinos fit in fine. And no matter how successful the Hammond Collection becomes, I doubt they'll get to as many species as they've done in the standard line...especially if it hasn't actually appeared in the films. I love the smaller $8 "Wild Pack" (and all of the various iterations thereof) critters.

I am curious about what's going on with the HC Rex. I went back and forth about actually pre-ordering it, then it disappeared from BBTS. Missed the Grant/Dimetrodon set, too. I hope that one's not too hard to find in the wild, because I need that Dimetrodon.

Another mystery I'm curious about it is the Maise/Beta set. I thought they'd originally canceled it, but they keep showing new images for it. That sold out then totally disappeared from BBTS, too.
hotmitts
HULK SMASH!

Fri May 27, 2022 11:46 am

Ash Talon wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:
I suppose we don't know the mouth doesn't open. But there have been no pics of it being open, so I'm just assuming it can't open. Otherwise, they'd show that off.
looking closer it does look like the upper head is a whole separate piece from 'nose' to neck 'frill' so that's a good sign. I think all the other amber and hammond dino's have open mouth feature so we might still be in luck. I'm a real articulation nerd, and I think this is a key fun element to dino's so I hope so.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm

Falling Downer wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:25 am
Man, I've turned into an addict for this stuff. I've been buying a lot of the non-Hammond regular line toys now, too. Sure the Hammond Collection has more articulation and paint, but I think the main line dinos fit in fine. And no matter how successful the Hammond Collection becomes, I doubt they'll get to as many species as they've done in the standard line...especially if it hasn't actually appeared in the films. I love the smaller $8 "Wild Pack" (and all of the various iterations thereof) critters.
By my count they are close to 75 different dinosaur species in the regular line going back to the start, and at least half of those have been done in multiple paint apps. So yeah, very unlikely the Hammond collection gets to that depth. I too got addicted (years ago) by the variety and that it is just fun to have a small flock of Pteranodons in different color schemes.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 3:04 pm

hotmitts wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:46 am
Ash Talon wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:
looking closer it does look like the upper head is a whole separate piece from 'nose' to neck 'frill' so that's a good sign. I think all the other amber and hammond dino's have open mouth feature so we might still be in luck. I'm a real articulation nerd, and I think this is a key fun element to dino's so I hope so.

AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 27, 2022 8:31 pm

I'd imagine somewhere down the line at least, we're getting a Hammond Collection Indoraptor.

However, if we get it I'm absolutely begging them to get the headsculpt right. I'm very surprised that there aren't that many people pointing out how wonky the headsculpt on the super poseable Indoraptor is.

If the Grab n' Growl headsculpt is as good as we're gonna get then I think they should just make the HC figure a scaled-down version of that.

IMHO it needs the more angular head with the more crooked needle teeth in order to be truly accurate, and I'd like multiple head and neck joints to really get some of the poses right

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”