Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel Jurassic Park Lines

Wed May 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Based on the size of the standard "Amber" stand next to the T-Rex, I don't think it's too much smaller than a raptor. Maybe 3/4 size.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Thu May 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:03 pm
Based on the size of the standard "Amber" stand next to the T-Rex, I don't think it's too much smaller than a raptor. Maybe 3/4 size.
Possible, but I don't think that one image is a guarantee. It kind of looks like a Photoshop composite. Even the Procompsognathus look like they are close to the same size as the baby rex, which is to scale in the movie. And I seriously doubt that Mattel will make a compy that will look almost as large as a goose next to the raptors.
Diultach
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 17, 2021 4:26 am

So, I’ve been sleeping on this line. Jurassic Park is one of my all-time favorite movies, but I couldn’t justify getting into another line. Then, my wife gifted me a Malcolm for my birthday and the gates opened up.

I picked up Arnold the other day and it just cracks me up that 1) They made this character and 2) They left no stone unturned with him. I love his bald spot. I love that his right arm is removable with some blood on the underside of his arm. It’s surprisingly grim!

I have a super colossal t-rex in the mail from Amazon that should get here tomorrow. It was a warehouse deal so I grabbed her for $26. I’m not exactly thrilled about getting into a new line, but this one is a straight joy so far.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 17, 2021 3:46 pm

I definitely got sucked back into my love of JP fairly recently too. I was only collecting the Amber Collection dinos before, but something in me awoke when I got the Spinosaurus a few weeks back. Circled back and picked up the AC humans (I had Malcolm before), and they're nice. I agree that there's something really fun about Arnold- I can't think of many, if any, action figures with bald spots, and his bloody arm will make a great display piece when Ellie comes out. Nedry and Owen are nice as well- having the little Barbasol can is really fun. I wasn't really looking forward to the humans, but now that I know they're going all in, I'm excited to fill out the iconic main 4- Grant, Ellie, Malcolm, and Hammond. I hope we get Lex and Tim eventually, especially since Lex has never had a figure before. I wouldn't be mad if it spills over into Lost World, either- give us that Malcolm, Sarah, Nick, Roland, maybe a dino fodder Dieter to go with the Compies.

For sake of shelf space, I've mostly been sticking to dinos that have appeared in the movies/show, but I did break that rule with the Plesiosaur recently. It was just too cute, and who wouldn't want a little mini Nessie? Indominous is next on my list to snag, but I'm torn between the Super Colossal and the Destroy n' Devour. I love the look and detail of the Super Colossal, but I have no idea where I'd put it.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm

anybody know when we may see pics of Ellie? I keep coming back to see if the photo has released yet.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 am

hunnipot85 wrote:anybody know when we may see pics of Ellie? I keep coming back to see if the photo has released yet.
When the preorders for the last round of figures went live, we didn’t see promotional shots for any of them until the week before they were set to release. So that could still be a good 5-6 weeks away if Mattel is adhering to the same schedule as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Wed May 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Target Explorer/Rex/Tim pack for up for pre-order at Target.com.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 5:02 pm

I just pre ordered it. Just one for now, but before all is said and done, I might end up with two of this set.
DeadMallsTellNoTales
HULK SMASH!

Wed May 19, 2021 7:22 pm

Thanks for the heads-up! now just gotta cross my fingers for a Lex on the horizon! - with goat accessory
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 20, 2021 1:05 am

Yes please on Lex! Super stoked for Tim!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 20, 2021 1:51 am

Yeah, we gotta get Lex. We have been denied her to many times. I mean, it was only once by Kenner but...... that was still to many.
DeadMallsTellNoTales
HULK SMASH!

Thu May 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Also still holding out on getting a John Arnold in 3 3/4, since they made one for the Amber collection
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Does anyone know who still carries the Amber Collection Dilophosaurus? I got into this line kind of late and am playing catch up.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:11 pm
Does anyone know who still carries the Amber Collection Dilophosaurus? I got into this line kind of late and am playing catch up.

Ebay, or Amazon sellers who have jacked the price up by 2 to 4 times. That's it.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 23, 2021 8:28 pm

I only want Ellie and a pair of raptors to represent my love of the film and novel (one of those quick reads I do every year).

My question is which raptors represent that run to the generator best?

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”