Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:20 pm

^ It's entirely possible they are 1/18th scale to go with the Afterlife Ecto-1. I don't think Hasbro would spend that kind of money on a mold like this and NOT have figures that can go with it.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:08 pm

Yeah. Honestly I don't see the appeal of this Ecto one. Why are people buying it? Just as a model on a shelf..? Because if that's the case... there are better ones out there.

The appeal of this vehicle should have been compatibility with the figures. That's always been a classic staple of Ghostbusters and they effed it up.
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:01 pm

K_Steel wrote:Yeah. Honestly I don't see the appeal of this Ecto one. Why are people buying it? Just as a model on a shelf..? Because if that's the case... there are better ones out there.

The appeal of this vehicle should have been compatibility with the figures. That's always been a classic staple of Ghostbusters and they effed it up.
It’s pretty appealing if you’re a 1/18th collector, like myself. Now if the app would just let me order one or I could find it in stores...
theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:04 am

Welp . . . delayed until November.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Was finally able to order the new 3.75” scale ecto...not directly from Target (the ship button was active for weeks, but would give you an error trying to cart it...but through Google shopping. Target can’t manage their own site or stock? How [email protected]#$ up is that? Almost as [email protected]#$ up as releasing a vehicle in a new scale with the same title as a larger scale line and without revealing that figures that work with it are actually on the way :lol:
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:49 pm

featofstrength wrote:Was finally able to order the new 3.75” scale ecto...not directly from Target (the ship button was active for weeks, but would give you an error trying to cart it...but through Google shopping. Target can’t manage their own site or stock? How [email protected]#$ up is that? Almost as [email protected]#$ up as releasing a vehicle in a new scale with the same title as a larger scale line and without revealing that figures that work with it are actually on the way :lol:
I was finally able to order it on the app yesterday. I was pretty angry though because brickseek and the app told me it was in stock at my store for a full day (it wasn’t) then went out of stock. Guessing an employee bought both without ever stocking them.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:59 pm

All of my stores are choking on them, but I've yet to see anything on clearance. At some of my local Walmarts, Ghostbusters make good filler for all the other empty pegs, so they're flexing it out to fill the gaps of stuff that did sell.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Yeah I have to agree it’s clogging up my area too I’m hopeful though that if we get a wave 2 I’d be in for a slimer and stay puft
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:56 am

Same with mines, I see the same stack there and they’re still charging at full price, lame.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:18 am

So I got ecto 1 in the mail today. It looks great, but after checking it out, my hopes that there will be any compatible action figures at all have diminished.

First off, the gunner seat has sculpted, unusable seatbelts. Second, I tried to put a Star Wars rebel fleet officer (because of the military boots, tucked pants, pockets) in the drivers seat...space between steering wheel and seat wouldn’t allow it.

I guess the new, smaller kid characters could squeeze in, but the boys in gray might be out of luck.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:07 pm

Yeah, Mattel is weird that way. For Speed Racer the movie, they released a 1/12 Mach 5 and Racer X car, but no figures
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:53 am

Saw the Ecto-1 at Target today.Picked it up and put it back down.I’ll grab it at clearance.

Grabbed a Loyal Subjects Slimer for $2 tho just in case Hasbro drops the ball.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:53 pm

NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:34 pm

I tried getting Din Djarin to fit in that driver's seat and it was a no-go. The steering wheel is just too low, and I didn't want to risk breaking it. Donno how you got that Rebel Fleet Trooper in there.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:19 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:34 pm
I tried getting Din Djarin to fit in that driver's seat and it was a no-go. The steering wheel is just too low, and I didn't want to risk breaking it. Donno how you got that Rebel Fleet Trooper in there.
He’s in the passenger seat...steering wheel was a no-go

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”