Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
spinc
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:29 am

It's been a weird couple of days, ain't it?

With the recently announced Tully's Terrible Night set, I think this line will definitely continue forward. At the very least, I think we'll get a second wave featuring the rest of the main cast of the movies, a couple of ghosts, maybe even a taste of a Real GB plasma line. And we need Slimer of course.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:08 pm

featofstrength wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:10 am
So, we're getting two Vinz dogs? Cmon, Hasbro...just to make a box set scene work? No interchangeable horns?
Again, am I the only one concerned about this?
BlastFemur
Here comes a new challenger!

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:46 pm

featofstrength wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:08 pm
featofstrength wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:10 am
So, we're getting two Vinz dogs? Cmon, Hasbro...just to make a box set scene work? No interchangeable horns?
Again, am I the only one concerned about this?
You're absolutely not. I'm mildly infuriated they're doubling up on the Vinz dog. I'd be more irate if I wasn't also let down by Target debacles with Classified Series Joes and Marvel Legends two-pack. Gotta spread the disappointment around!
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:35 pm

I still disagree. I think the emphasis was always supposed to be on Afterlife.

If the 1984 line really had legs to it, with multiples waves planned, they never would have given us all four GBs in the first wave.

They could reissue them with a "II" logo on their shoulders, marshmallow on them, slimed versions....but that would be a disaster. That's not a big enough difference to warrant buying another set for most people. I'm perfectly content with having the main guys...I certainly don't need any variations.

Slimer is the only missing character.

I hadn't looked closely at the horns on the terror dogs but it wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro didn't bother changing them. After all, the GBs are exactly the same except the heads and Venkman's lower legs. Oh wait, Ray's torso is a little bigger.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:44 am

os189 wrote:

If the 1984 line really had legs to it, with multiples waves planned, they never would have given us all four GBs in the first wave.

They could reissue them with a "II" logo on their shoulders, marshmallow on them, slimed versions....but that would be a disaster. That's not a big enough difference to warrant buying another set for most people. I'm perfectly content with having the main guys...I certainly don't need any variations.

I hadn't looked closely at the horns on the terror dogs but it wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro didn't bother changing them. After all, the GBs are exactly the same except the heads and Venkman's lower legs. Oh wait, Ray's torso is a little bigger.
Yes, I think Afterlife is probably the main emphasis of the line.

The mattel line had all kind of variations... and they really sold. But many people have parted with most of them, favoring the better Hasbro figures. So I could see them doing at the very least a 4 pack of the grey GB2 suits. Maybe an exclusive slimed Peter?

We're still missing a Janine, Walter Peck, and at the very least a couple of ghosts. Not everyone will buy them, sure. But there will be some that are big fans that like the option. And that's just from the first movie. They could do some more from GB2. Plus, many people want RGB plasma figures, and it would be very foolish of Hasbro not to make them.

The horn issue is weird. It IS a very tiny detail, but Hasbro should try and change them. Or just add a different head with another figure.

And the movie busters don't need anymore changes than that. Hasbro did a pretty good job, I mean the Matty figures had the same torso, and the DST ones were all skinny even if they had different pieces. BUT if they end up doing RGB, at the very least they would need a longer, thinner body for Egon. And I'm sure they would probably do it, if they did a different one for Ray.

I don't even have them all yet, and I really love these figures. These are the best 'busters at this scale, and specially at this price. And I really want to see this line flourish, now more than ever, because of the upcoming movie.
mattmurdog
CROM!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:51 pm

I am not sure why Hasbro didn't just make the horns separate pieces so that they could just be swapable during assembling. But given the lack of accuracy with the GB figures (not sure how much of it was left out due to product budget) I wouldn't put it pass them to have just never noticed the difference. I certainly didn't as a kid in the 80s and it feels a bit inside baseball ish. It also wouldn't surprise to me if the team that worked on this weren't all under 30 in age and have never seen the movie. Not trying to be disrespectful, there's nothing wrong with that.
MankindRam
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:08 pm

I was today years old when I learned that there was a difference in the dogs horns....
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:48 pm

os189 wrote:

Still need Janine Melnitz too.
Viggo! (You are like the buzzing of flies to him!)
Janosz
GB 2 ghostbusters could be issued with the slime tanks in addition to the second logo.
“Ghostbuster” Tully could be done as well.
Walter Peck, the Mayor, Hardemeyer, would be optional. Anyone else is going kind of deep.
And, of course, Ghosts.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:55 am

And in my honest opinion, these Plasma figures are some of the most accurate GB figures ever done, specially for this price point. The Matty figures were VERY inaccurate, not just the proton packs but the suits, belts, etc. and the DST ones, while much better, didn't have great likenesses either.

These are very accurate, the likenesses are great, the proton packs are very well done, the suits, while a bit soft, looks as accurate as other figures. And the belts and other equipment are as well.

That is one of the reasons I really liked these.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:12 am

So wait, did I miss something? The Terror Dog in the SDCC Louis Pack is the same as the Terror Dog Build A Pooch in Wave 1 of Plasma? I thought the Wave 1 BAF f had long horns, and the SDCC Exclusive Dog had short horns. Is that not right?
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:30 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:12 am
So wait, did I miss something? The Terror Dog in the SDCC Louis Pack is the same as the Terror Dog Build A Pooch in Wave 1 of Plasma? I thought the Wave 1 BAF f had long horns, and the SDCC Exclusive Dog had short horns. Is that not right?
“There is no Zuul...Only Dana!”

os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:33 pm

Well......we can always be brave and just cut the horns smaller, I suppose.
GoldBlade6
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:24 am

Louis looks like a toddler in that photo.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:18 pm

It's an even bigger problem WHEN YOU DIDN'T WANT VINZ IN THE FIRST PLACE, BECAUSE YOUR DIAMOND SELECT DOGS ARE BETTER ANYWAY.

So now I get to end up with two of something I don't want (already sold the first one, at least), if I want the regular figure.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:19 pm

Dug out the lenticular backdrop from the dogs, and hung (bolted lol - it's pretty hearty vinyl, and needed force to keep it flat & from curling back up) it behind everyone:

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”