Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
canprime
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:04 am

Update:

Proton Pack: 15,927 / 7,000 (+1,175)

Skystriker: Final(?): 16,739 10,000 (-12)
Rancor: Final: 8,535 / 9,000

WOO-HOO!! The Proton Pack passed the final tier, and boy did it blow past it. Almost 1200 new backers in a day!!! Congrats you GooBers. Still the only thing left is what will the final number be? I think we are looking at, possibly, the largest, or top 3, Haslab project. If it can add 1200 in a day, a couple of days before the end, I can only imagine what the final day will be like. Keep it going folks!!
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:55 am

I'm impressed that the new figures flew off the shelves after Afterlife came out.

Janine is a glaring hole in the collection though.

I wonder if we'll get a Ghostbusters 2 series?
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:25 am

Hasbro went conservative in case the movie flopped,and now they’re in a position of not having enough merch to strike while the iron is hot-and the Covid/Supply Chain issues messed a lot up too.

I do hope the success of the Haslab Pack will lead to maybe a trap and a PKE meter-maybe even a Haslab set for around $200? I’d pay that much to get high-quality prop replicas of both in a set.

As for Plasma Series-I think of they did some more limited releases they could have some success. I would buy a pack of the New Look Gozer with both terror dogs-I would be amazed if we didnt get that set at some point. Maybe in the $75 range as a con-exclusive? I dont know if a GB2 wave would have enough interest for retail but maybe? We do still need a Janine and a Slimer.
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:48 am

We need a wave of ghosts. Problem is, it's hasbro and they don't like one use molds. I'm still dissappointed that Diamond Select wasn't able to give us any ghosts from GB2 for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:36 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:48 am
We need a wave of ghosts. Problem is, it's hasbro and they don't like one use molds. I'm still dissappointed that Diamond Select wasn't able to give us any ghosts from GB2 for some reason.

If I recall correctly,The Scholari Bros and a few of the other ghosts from 2 have a legal issue where their likeness rights are owned by the special effects company that designed them-so I doubt anyone will do Ghosts from 2.
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:48 pm

Mattel did the Scoleri Brothers if you want to track those down.
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:10 pm

I have those from Mattel, but they aren't that great and they are under scaled. I really wanted some from DST. I do wonder why Mattel could do them, but not DST. Maybe Hasbro can since they have the master license and DST just had speciality.

Noodlechow
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:45 am

Are the Target sets still shipping or should I resort to secondary at this point? I've only ever seen stores stock the Afterlife wave once a couple months ago but seems like that's pretty much it.
Toysflo
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:32 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:36 am
My hope is that the next movie goes back to the roots of the first one. Not in a nostalgic way, but that it goes back to being more of a comedy.
I hope so, I'll kill for a Netflix limited series Extreme Ghostbusters, with more focus on New-York city as the show did, and what amazing animated series it was, the opening is the best tv opening ever made.
My fan cast is Joel McHale for Eduardo, Krysten Ritter for Kylie, Andy Samber for Garrett and Corey Hawkins for Roland. With of course Dan Aykroyd as mentor.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:50 pm

That would have been a great cast. Hell, Ernie Hudson could have worked as the leader/chief. He's the only one of the OGs that still looks like he can do action scenes.

Definitely better than the kid busters, and feminist busters. It's amusing that Sony is so clueless about how to handle this franchise. Those e-mail leaks are tough to read.

There's going to be more boneheaded decisions ahead..
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:19 pm

Any photos of Stay Puft Marshmallow Minis next to the Plasma figures? The photos I did find on line show them next to the Mini-mates and are the same size, so kind a big but might still be fun
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:27 am

The mini puts are meant to be life size, more like a replica than a figure that scales with the line.

spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:26 pm

I would love to see someone make a casting of the Old Egon head, to make an "alive" version that can go with the old busters. To have a complete team, you know.
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:51 am

Y’all think we’ll get a Grooberson?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:13 am

Has anyone not seen the Phoebe set in store? I look every time I visit Target mostly because I want to see her likeness up close, but I haven't seen this set ever.

And I haven't seen any of the regular figures in a store since the movie release.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”