Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
canprime
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Hey folks. So since the other 2 Haslabs are now done, I am going to continue my daily updates here until the Pack finishes.

Update:

Skystriker: final(?) total: 16,794 / 10,000 (+8,957)
Proton Pack: 13,920 / 7,000 (+439)

Rancor final total: 8535 / 9,000

So the Skystriker really came out of the gates in the final day. It more than doubled it's total in the final 24 hours. INCREDIBLE! We got Scarlett and Ripcord, but fell short on the Pit Crew. Hopefully Hasbro decides to release them close to when the Skystriker ships. On the plus side Hasbro can sells them separately now and make more money. Also I can see them selling more sets of the Pit Crew than would have been produced for the Haslab. I mean there are probably a lot more buyers willing to shell out $40US for the pair to go with their vehicles, than those who were willing to pay $230 for the Haslab just to try and get them.

The Proton Pack is just killing it overall. Just over a thousand backers to go for the final tier, and there is over 4 days left. It should hit the final tier before the end of the funding period.

Couple days left until the final totals for all 3 are in, but I think it is safe to say the winner is going to be the Proton Pack.
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Still annoyed the Rancor did not fund..... but due to the Rancor failing I diverted the money set aside for it and backed the Pack yesterday. I'm not a cosplayer but I am a Ghostbuster fan and this could be a nice centerpiece to place on an end table in my mancave.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:15 pm

Pack has crossed 14k, so less than 1,000 to go in it’s remaining 4+ days. I thinks it’s averaged 100-200 per day, so with the normal last day push, it’s definitely clearing that final hurdle.
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:21 pm

I am hoping the success of this Haslab will allow for more GB Haslabs in the future... would love to see a really nice Plasma Series Echo-1 or the Kenner RBG Firehouse...
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:29 pm

I was really hoping they'd just put the Firehouse out at Walmart...
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:33 pm

I’d definitely take a Plasma series Ecto. I have a hard time thinking it should be more than $300, seeing as it’s much less substantial amount of plastic than the ML Haslabs that need to have joints with structural integrity.

I hope this also shows there’s a strong market for other GB props that don’t need to go throw HasLab. As a GB cosplayer, the Matty trap and PKE are both still the standard for off-the-shelf props. Lots of people make traps, but PKE’s specifically are very complicated builds considering the amount of electronics in the limited space. Especially if they’d do an Afterlife version with the waldos that go all the way forward for the taser. Obviously if they go back and do an ‘84 style pack it would be another HasLab, but there’s several other pieces that could be done like the MCU, Star Wars, and Power Rangers props.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:54 pm

I definitely wouldn't be in for a solely '84 pack, as I built one (for almost triple the price, even!), but I'd definitely like to see variations on the Matty equipment I already have (like Hasbro's Spengler wand), and would absolutely LOVE a PKE with a taser mode, haha.

And while I haven't gotten all the MCU props I've wanted from Hasbro (want a Cap shield...really like the FWS one, Mjolnir, Stormbreaker, Iron Man helmet), but with the SDCC Tesseract & upcoming Eye of Agamotto, I would find SOME way to make sure I get an Aether box or Loki Sceptre (though hoping they do the Power Stone Orb at general retail like the Eye).
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:57 pm

TENIME_art wrote:I definitely wouldn't be in for a solely '84 pack, as I built one (for almost triple the price, even!), but I'd definitely like to see variations on the Matty equipment I already have (like Hasbro's Spengler wand), and would absolutely LOVE a PKE with a taser mode, haha.
I’ve built two (I guess one is more 89, but still). I might still be swayed because I have a sickness.

But…I think there’s probably an easy market for another 7k sales of ‘84 packs. I think a lot of casual/non-maker cosplayers are getting the Afterlife one because it’s available. I think if both were offered at the same time, there’d be no contest that the classic would be more popular.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:39 am

I backed the pack. Wasn't going to, but Afterkife renewed my interest in Ghostbusters. I don't complain, but like someone said above it would make for a nice center piece.

My hope is they do a trap and PKE as I didn't get the Matty ones. And giving the PKE a taser mode would be great.

The pack did much better than I thought considering uts an afterlife model and there is no want. But even at close to 600 with the wand (which won't be charged on your card until it ships which is nice) it is far less than 3rd party ones or trying to build one.

A plasma series ecto 1 would be nice, but I would want to see additional pieces to make it the 1a if it was a haslab. Hopefully with talk of a 4th movie within the main universe Hasbro continues the line.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:06 am

Update:

Proton Pack: 14,291 / 7,000 (+371)

Skystriker: Final: 16,772 / 10,000
Rancor: Final: 8,535 / 9,000

So the Proton Pack just keeps chugging along. Should hit the final tier unlock before the funding period ends. Now the only question remaining is how high will it go for the final total.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:12 pm

I could see the Proton Pack easily getting 16,000+ by the end. it will definitely clear the 15,000 needed for the final stretch goal (the stand). But who knows? Maybe it reaches 18,000+

Thats really cool, and honestly surprises me how well it's done. I hope all of you that order it enjoy it. it's a really cool looking piece.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:15 pm

Last tier is a sure thing with it going 300-400 per day. It might even hit it before the weekend.
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:17 am

Only 264 to go! I'm glad we're getting all of the stretch goals. I hope it shows Hasbro that there's a demand for well-done Ghostbusters stuff. Between this and Afterlife, I REALLY hope that they extend the Plasma series, the prop line, and go way deeper into all things Ghostbusters.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:03 am

Update:

Proton Pack: 14,752 / 7,000 (+461)

Skystriker (final?): 16,751 / 10,000 (-21 from yesterday)
Rancor (final): 8,535 / 9,000

So the Proton Pack should cross the final threshold for the last tier sometime today. Again it is all academic now, and really the only thing left is what will the final number be when the funding period ends?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:22 pm

It’s at 15,017. Great success for the campaign. Really hoping for more props now.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”