Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:19 am

Went to two Target stores. The first had them but refused to sell me one until "they reset the shelves later this week sometime." The other store was much friendlier and pointed out where they were. Half of their inventory was gone by the time I got there just 25 minutes after opening.

Also, ran into some other Ghostbusters fans...

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:42 am

Man I want to see Afterlife but the wife told me she thinks the movie came out a month too late and only wants to watch Christmas movies now. WTF? I guess I'll have to sneak off to the theater on my own one of these days.

Regardless, I'll probably pick up this "spoiler" 2 pack if I see it.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:53 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Man I want to see Afterlife but the wife told me she thinks the movie came out a month too late and only wants to watch Christmas movies now. WTF? I guess I'll have to sneak off to the theater on my own one of these days.

Just tell her that in Ghostbusters 2, the boys wear Christmas hats. Thus, making Ghostbusters 2 partly a Christmas Movie. And since Afterlife is the sequel to Ghostbuster 2, a continuation of a Christmas movie, Afterlife is in fact a Christmas movie itself.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:45 pm

jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:27 pm

went to target and ...Nada. forgot to ask in the back. I'm starting to worry already that I won't be able to get the 2 pack. hopefully, I catch it online if/when it shows up. kif anyone sees one in the st louis area let me know
joshsquash729
CROM!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:53 pm

For those who are still looking for the Phoebe/Egon 2 pack- strangely my Target showed some WWF thing when I scanned the barcode into the system, and none of the employees knew what I was talking about. There weren't any Ghostbusters items in the toy section, but there was a little holiday shelf towards the front of the store that had candy and other kid's toys, and that's where the 2 packs were located. They had about 15 of them. I'm in Forest Hills, NY, if anyone else is near- they're at the Rego Park Target. Definitely worth a try- check all over the store. I'm sure most stores do their own things when it comes to layouts, but if you see a holiday toy shelf, try looking there. It's a really nice 2 pack! Egon looks much better in person than in the photos, at least to me. Wasn't expecting the Terror Dog head, either. That was a cool little addition. Rang up at 48.99, for those wondering.

Hopped over to the nearby Macy's on my way back and picked up the last OG Plasma series I needed, Egon. Got him for $19 because of the Cyber Monday in-store sale. Macy's is the place to go for the original movie's Plasma Series, it seems.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:15 pm

Some Targets around here have been throwing them into the collectibles section back by electronics.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:01 am

yojoebro82 wrote:

By that logic....the entire Christmas season would have seen blockbuster after blockbuster tank as no one was allowed to go see them because they weren't Christmas enough.

I mean the LOTR movies weren't exactly X-mas themed. And what about the last round of Star Wars movies? All released in December.

The original Home Alone movie was released in November....but it was the number one movie at the box office as late as February the following year.

Tell her 30 years of waiting isn't always convenient. Hallmark movies will always be there.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:05 am

yojoebro82 wrote:

Hey, a Christmas Carol and all its adaptations had ghosts! Just tell her this is a sequel! :lol: If that doesn't work, just tell her it's a movie about family, which is what the holidays are all about!
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:24 am

I was going to post the link to the Real Ghostbusters episode where they busted the Spirits of Christmas for Scrooge, but the official channel has taken it down? They'll probably re-post it around Christmas. Use it to justify Afterlife.
batced
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:48 am

Went into my Target before work and before they closed. I had been trying to utilize Brickseek and Popfindr to no success using the DPCI, so imagine my shock when I saw the set about 7 or 8 sets deep on a front cap under a $48 sign.

I don't mind if Hasbro goes the exclusive route but they really ought to have offered a secondary option through exclusive online retailers like Entertainment Earth, or even sold direct through HasbroPulse...even though I got mine its absolutely disgusting to see the secondary market jack these up four times retail price.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:04 pm

batced wrote:
its absolutely disgusting to see the secondary market jack these up four times retail price.
But that's......every exclusive EVER. For ANY toy line. People get their hands on it early and off to ebay it goes for 3 to 4 times retail. And early is the key word because they need to take advantage of that little window of time when people worry about finding it. More often than not, if you're patient, you'll find it for retail. But these early price gougings are always going to happen. It's part of the game. I don't even look to ebay to see what the latest hot exclusive "goes for" , I know it's going to be more than I'm willing to pay.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Yeah, I will never understand Hasbro's refusal to put any exclusives on Hasbro Pulse. I get that it has to do with contracts with the stores, and all that, but there's been many examples in the past few years of shared exclusives. Funko does it all the time. Why have a site dedicated to your product and supposed member exclusives, and then never offer the exclusives that you make? At least make a smaller amount and make them available only to members or something.

Anywho, Venkman is arriving today, and then I'll have the full OG team. I'm tempted to pick up some of the other Afterlife figures, at least Podcast. Trevor and Lucky didn't do much for me in the film, but it feels wrong not to get them, especially if they stick around in any future movies. I really hope there's still life left in the line, and we see the likes of Janine, Slimer, etc. I'll probably try and pick up an old Mattel Tully, since the Hasbro one is nigh impossible to find at a good price. I don't mind if the scale is off, since he's fairly short in the film. Sorry if it's been stated already, but what's the best Slimer to go with the Plasma Series, that matches the film look closely enough (i.e. not too cartoony), and also scales fairly well?
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:24 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:05 am
yojoebro82 wrote:

Hey, a Christmas Carol and all its adaptations had ghosts! Just tell her this is a sequel! :lol: If that doesn't work, just tell her it's a movie about family, which is what the holidays are all about!
Technically there's an episode of the Real Ghostbusters that deals with the events of A Christmas Carol. You can justify that connection that way too!

https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Xm ... s_the_Spot
batced
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:52 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:04 pm
batced wrote:
its absolutely disgusting to see the secondary market jack these up four times retail price.
But that's......every exclusive EVER. For ANY toy line. People get their hands on it early and off to ebay it goes for 3 to 4 times retail. And early is the key word because they need to take advantage of that little window of time when people worry about finding it. More often than not, if you're patient, you'll find it for retail. But these early price gougings are always going to happen. It's part of the game. I don't even look to ebay to see what the latest hot exclusive "goes for" , I know it's going to be more than I'm willing to pay.
Perhaps so, but the game is becoming too ridiculous. It might sound like sour grapes but I’m just salty over the many times I’ve tried for exclusives and either lost out because of sock puppet accounts, late word of mouth, or scalpers. The Mattel SDCC Ultimate Edition Sgt. Slaughter was the final straw on that, which wasn’t even a “snooze, you lose” situation as I sometimes get in (five minutes for a figure to sell out…). I hate where I have to hope to be lucky enough to get in before a scalper but it is how you say…part of the game, but I am beginning to have distaste for the game.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”