Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
K_Steel
Prognostibator
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:34 am

It could go either way. Killing Egon offscreen can be interpreted as just as cruel. Keeping the character alive in some form also keeps Harold's memory alive in the GB verse.

Was watching BeyondTheTrailer's review for the film, and it sounds like there's a massive third act surprise/spoiler that essentially makes the film, beyond what we already know from the toys. I speculate that it involves Egon in some form.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:31 am

I don't wanna start a whole discussion here. We have differing opinions, that's alright.

But for the most part, I think that the most humane, the most respectful thing they could do, given that Harold's no longer with us, is do the same to the character. It's unfair, and I would've loved to see him do another one. But personally, I would hate seeing him alive in the movie, done like they did Jedi Luke in the Mandalorian. Or Leia in Rogue one. I really hope not. And again, personally, I think they won't do that. IMO, that would only cheapen the movie, and I want this movie to be another classic like the original. Of course, it doesn't help that they typecast the stranger things kid again, but who knows, he could be great. I am more than willing to love this movie.

So who knows what that ending surprise will be. I feel like it would be something made for the fans, but I can't think of what it could be.

Maybe, maybe the only way I would like seeing Harold again is either in a flashback, or a vision. Not a ghost, but something more... tender, if you know what I mean?
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:32 am

Can we keep any spoilers away from this thread please?
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:49 pm

spinc wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:31 am
I don't wanna start a whole discussion here. We have differing opinions, that's alright.

But for the most part, I think that the most humane, the most respectful thing they could do, given that Harold's no longer with us, is do the same to the character. It's unfair, and I would've loved to see him do another one. But personally, I would hate seeing him alive in the movie, done like they did Jedi Luke in the Mandalorian. Or Leia in Rogue one. I really hope not. And again, personally, I think they won't do that. IMO, that would only cheapen the movie, and I want this movie to be another classic like the original. Of course, it doesn't help that they typecast the stranger things kid again, but who knows, he could be great. I am more than willing to love this movie.

So who knows what that ending surprise will be. I feel like it would be something made for the fans, but I can't think of what it could be.

Maybe, maybe the only way I would like seeing Harold again is either in a flashback, or a vision. Not a ghost, but something more... tender, if you know what I mean?

I suspect you'll get some of those things. No spoilers or inside baseball here, just speculation based on trailers.

There's probably a flashback of him setting up the base in Summerville, whether it shows his face or not is TBD.

Egon will either appear in this film as himself alive, or a ghost. I have a strong feeling it's unfortunately the later. That way they could imply that he has some kind of supernatural connection to his granddaughter, as the trailers suggest.

Personally, for me, I would have had Egon (alive) showing up at the end (with his daughter keeping his existence a secret), and him saving the OG GBs and the kids in a Luke Skywalker-Mandalorian esque scene. Having the OG four Ghostbusters re-uinted one last time is the ultimate wish fulfillment, and it would leave audiences leaving theatres on a upbeat, happy note. Allowing audiences to escape the grim reality of Ramis' death, while keeping his character of Egon alive in canon.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:02 am

Please take the movie talk to the movie thread.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:06 am

Keeping the conversation on toys, I suspect there's a Dana figure coming. Not a spoiler, but Signorney was officially announced for the film a long while back. I'm guessing its her in buster gear.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:05 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:06 am
Keeping the conversation on toys, I suspect there's a Dana figure coming. Not a spoiler, but Signorney was officially announced for the film a long while back. I'm guessing its her in buster gear.
Hmm...maybe? I would guess Janine would be suiting up first, as she has done so in just about every other Ghostbusters medium except the films. Though, im not holding out for another wave of Plasma anything at this point. I think Hasbro might have something left to show off at Pulse Con...the mystery of how Phoebe will be released will be revealed at the least.

Haslab Ecto-1 is still a longshot, but I would hope for some killer tier unlocks to get the whole GB thing wrapped up: Slimer and other GB 1 ghosts, Janine, etc.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:29 pm

Maybe they both will. I suspect Sony probably doesn't want all men on the OG team. Though I think Dana showing up as a Ghostbuster would be more of an unexpected third act 'surprise'

Despite whatever happens with this film, part of me really wants them to Reboot Ghostbusters as a live-action streaming series. It seems ideal for that. Keep it inspired by the 80s cartoon, and show the adventures of Peter, Ray, Egon, Winston in their 30s/40s.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:55 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Maybe they both will. I suspect Sony probably doesn't want all men on the OG team.
There's more of that projecting and assuming you love to do.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
K_Steel wrote:
Maybe they both will. I suspect Sony probably doesn't want all men on the OG team.
Well no. I've read enough of Sony's e-mails to know how they operate and what considerations are made. And the fact that the 2016 film was even greenlit speaks volumes.

That being said, I'm all for Dana as a Ghostbuster. Shows an organic evolution of her character, given all the trauma she went through.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 pm
SalemCrow wrote:
K_Steel wrote:
Well no. I've read enough of Sony's e-mails to know how they operate and what considerations are made. And the fact that the 2016 film was even greenlit speaks volumes.

That being said, I'm all for Dana as a Ghostbuster. Shows an organic evolution of her character, given all the trauma she went through.
You’re right about that time concerning the reboot, but Amy Pascal has nothing to do with this rebound.

Anyway…is this some sort of app illusion, or did she get to walk away with a whole crate of yet to be released Plasma mini-pufts? Lol

https://www.tiktok.com/@mckennagrace/v ... copy_url=0
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Sony released the final trailer today.

Lots of potential toys from Gozer, to Egon, to Terror Dogs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnKmAVLC3jU

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:36 pm

No new toy reveals at Pulse Con.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Roufuss wrote:

Wtf?! Goodbye Ecto-1…AMC popcorn bucket, don’t fail me now!

Also, the existence of the Phoebe figure isn’t new, so I hope there’s something on her release
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:21 am

Roufuss wrote:

I know that they had their hands tied with Covid pushing the movie back but I really do think that Hasbro dropped the ball on Ghostbusters, there was far more that they could do. I think Phobe will be the last figure to get released and I'm honestly not surprised that she's not a Pulsecon exclusive.

I hate saying this but I really want Hasbro to just let the rights to Ghostbusters go and then someone like Super7 can grab them. That way we can finally get figures based on the Real, Extreme and IDW incarnations of the Ghostbusters franchise ; instead of always getting figures based on the movie. I mean I get that the movie is the most well known incarnation in the mainstream. But Hasbro is able to mix in figures from various incarnations in their Marvel, Star Wars and Power Rangers lines, why couldn't they do that for Ghostbusters as well.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”