Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:42 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 am
Hasbro continues to save me money unless they come out with some sort of stellar Slimer figure.
Ah, yes. The proving point for Jason Reitman…does Slimer have an accurate booty or not?!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:18 am

So this set was great for the $7 I paid for it from GameStop a few years ago.

Funny as hell the same kid gets two figures from 2 different franchises and companies of himself as a Ghostbuster.

I’ll probably pick up everything but it definitely won’t be for retail price.

Movie trailer looks “ok” so far but it would take a miracle for it to match the original in style or feel.

A shame the franchise has been so poorly managed since 84 but atleast we have one of the greatest Horror comedies ever made.

I heard Eddie Murphy was supposed to play Winston but did Beverly Hills Cop instead.

Always wondered why they never really added a few new Ghostbusters to the roster for the sequel.

I always imagined that after saving New York from the Apocalypse that the guys would have franchised the GB all over the US and maybe the world and if the threat was big enough they would all team up.

For GB 2 I’d have loved to see John Candy,Eddie Murphy,Martin Short, and Rick Moranis suit up as part of a GB Chicago team.

Part 3 could be more worldwide with teams in the UK,China,Japan,and Italy.With some new Ghostbusters being

Jackie Chan
Rowan Atkinson
Eric Idle
Pat Morita
Jim Carrey
Selma Hayek

Would have been great with such great talent back in the day.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:39 am

Maybe now with Dan saying that they can expand on this, they can do something like that. Have the best comedians and most charismatic actors of today as GB units in different cities.

Hopefully hasbro can release a few more ghosts in the line before it ends. Specially Slimer.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:38 am

New Ghosts are a must. I’m very tired of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man being rehashed over and over again.It was a fun joke originally but that was almost 40 years ago.

I would love Dark GB toyline from Macfarlane that could bring us ghosts and demons from GB lore and new ghost designs.

Alternate forms of Zuul and Gozer from the old days.

Cult leader Ivo Shandor
John Horace Tobin
Samhain
Ray’s dream ghost
Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:31 am

I got excited thinking The Boogieman was the BAF only to find it's just a Terror Dog in jeans.
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:40 pm

spinc wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:39 am
Maybe now with Dan saying that they can expand on this, they can do something like that. Have the best comedians and most charismatic actors of today as GB units in different cities.
Comedians is the way to go with Ghostbusters. I have a feeling the failure of the 2016 film scared the dumbass execs at Sony away from that concept.

If anyone thinks I'm being hyperbolic about how clueless the Sony execs are, and how their 'studio notes' influence these films... you should read the leaked Sony e-mails from a few years back. :shock:
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:46 pm

Visionary wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:18 am

I heard Eddie Murphy was supposed to play Winston but did Beverly Hills Cop instead.

Originally, Murphy was set to play the part that evolved into Venkman. The original idea was that Ackroyd, Murphy, and John Belushi would be the primary Ghostbusters, but Belushi's death derailed that (fun fact: an early draft was set in space. Seriously). Ackroyd rewrote the script a few times, and still intended for Murphy to be a part of it, but his schedule with Beverly Hills Cop made that impossible (he also had a few other movie commitments in the works, so the delay would have been significant). Winston was actually a late addition to the script, with the need for an "everyman" to play a surrogate for the audience being apparent.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:53 pm

I found this lone package shot:

It can't be a fake, can it? It has details they haven't released.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:46 pm

I think I see a MacGuffin I’m that pic.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:11 pm

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:07 am

Is the ghost trap in there with Podcast? I see the remote but not the big wheels.

Duh. It’s in there with Lucky.

I’m getting the kids! Maybe the geezers on a sale.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:31 am

Man they look good in there! Nice that almost all of them have proton streams! I'm thinking I like them all enough...
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:07 pm

sweet the og busters comes with the streams! kinda makes up for not having them on the first set of figures.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Streams are not enough for me to buy them. I appreciate seeing older, beloved characters like Luke and Han, but I don't even think they resculpted these heads; just added old man paint apps.

No, I'm still content with my original four unless someday I stumble upon a $5 Gozer and Dana to complete me terror dog.
Aggro Ninja
Super Poseable

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:34 pm

Loving the accessories everyone comes with. It's gonna be hard not to get the whole wave.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”