Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:36 pm

Prophet924 wrote:Kids nickname each other all the time. Without knowing why he’s called Podcast I reserve judgement.

This film is no different that the recent Jurassic Park remakes. Same pieces rearranged a bit with some more current additions.

I like the kids and a Stranger Things approach. This movie is a sight gag that got a cult following so now that us old farts want to be reminded of our youth…presto nostalgia.

I’ve always preferred looking back instead of looking forward. So give me recycled Ghostbusters with kids! I want all the kids in the jumpsuits figures and the RC ghost trap is freaking great. I mean there is no way that Stranger Things season two opening episode didn’t influence this movie. No way!

Studio execs, “Hey those kids in the jump suits look good. Write a new movie about that. The nerds didn’t seem to like the all female casts. They can’t get mad at kids right?”

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without getting too spoilery…Jason Reitman’s trailer breakdown mentions Paul Rudd teaching summer school, and we see Phoebe being bullied in the new trailer. I’m assuming Podcast is an unwelcome nickname he embraces during the movie.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:45 pm

the og buster look good so i'll get those, the kids are maybe till i see the movie.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:46 pm

I was hoping this line would continue. Not necessarily hoping for spoilers in toy form, but I guess no huge damage done. Really I am just looking for a Slimer from this line.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:09 pm

They showed the mini Stay Puff things way before this trailer too. But again recycled…

I hope they have to do more than cross the streams to fix the ghostie hole.

Thwipp!

PresidentJuggernaut
Customized

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 pm

That largely unarticulated BAF is not cool, not cool at all.
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:57 pm

The figure is very flattering for modern Dan Akroyd. Unless he went on some insane diet I don’t know about.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Are these at 5 Below yet?

Is the old Ecto-1 6” scale?
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:40 pm

Visionary wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm
Are these at 5 Below yet?

Is the old Ecto-1 6” scale?
Soon enough, and no.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:17 pm

I like that the kids, while they share some parts, they also have individual torsos, and sometimes individual arms or legs. Phoebe has a new proton gun with the green handle. And there's that smoke that's coming from the proton pack.

The baf with almost no articulation is kinda sad, yeah, but I think it only appears in the movie for just a bit.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:45 pm

PresidentJuggernaut wrote:That largely unarticulated BAF is not cool, not cool at all.
Yeah. That thing is just a statue. No knees, elbows, torso, waist, etc. That is the kind of thing Hasbro did in their early legends days.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:47 pm

It's nice that all the kids have at least some unique sculpting, if not outright unique sculpts.

Phoebe is clearly wearing Spengler's old jumpsuit cause it's overly large and the cuffs are rolled up.

What "smoke" are you referring to? I only saw pics that looked like marshmallow men pieces.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:48 pm

thefamousnicknaro wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:57 pm
The figure is very flattering for modern Dan Akroyd. Unless he went on some insane diet I don’t know about.
Well, the Force Awakens Han Solo was given brown hair even though Harrison Ford is completely grey. I guess you have to take some liberties to make cool action figures out of old dudes?
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:03 pm

os189 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:47 pm
It's nice that all the kids have at least some unique sculpting, if not outright unique sculpts.

Phoebe is clearly wearing Spengler's old jumpsuit cause it's overly large and the cuffs are rolled up.

What "smoke" are you referring to? I only saw pics that looked like marshmallow men pieces.
Oh, sorry, I thought it was smoke, but it's actually the minis joined together:

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:45 am

The more I see if the kids, they are must buys for me. I really dig the rolled up paints. All the undersized molds are being used again aren’t they. Maybe the kids will fit the car I’m sure they will release.

I did preorder the Stay Puff minis. Now mini minis. Yeah these figures coupled with the trailer pretty much tells the film.

I don’t care. I know I’m going to enjoy it. I already did in the 80s.

Thwipp!

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 am

Hasbro continues to save me money unless they come out with some sort of stellar Slimer figure. I can appreciate the likenesses in the faces of the original Busters. Someone needs to put that Ray head on a Mr. Fantastic ML figure as part of their own custom "What If?" line. And I genuinely hope the "mini pufts" don't become the stand-ins for Minions like Despicable Me etc. Yes they were cute and sometimes funny, but not if they take over most of the movie. I feel like this is just a Ghostbusters-related attempt at Ewoks or something that will sell as a doll.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”

Recent Topics