Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:32 am

GuruAskew wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 pm
It’s not a second wave. It’s obviously their summer con exclusive and the cons were all canceled.
From summer 2020? That makes their January/February release date even more ridiculous. They should have been sitting on a warehouse of these things already, no matter how you wanna slice it.

What a disappointing, nothing of a Ghostbusters Day.
Handsome
CROM!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 am

I just want them to make some Real Ghostbusters figures. I know Diamond Select made some a few years ago, but those are ridiculously expensive now.

Super7 is making figures of other Hasbro licenses like Transformers and GI Joe.. maybe they can pick up the Ghostbusters license and make some Real Ghostbusters Ultimates figures? A guy can dream...
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:37 am

featofstrength wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:32 am
GuruAskew wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 pm
It’s not a second wave. It’s obviously their summer con exclusive and the cons were all canceled.
From summer 2020? That makes their January/February release date even more ridiculous. They should have been sitting on a warehouse of these things already, no matter how you wanna slice it.

What a disappointing, nothing of a Ghostbusters Day.
It takes time to round up all the Ghostbusters figures sitting in the clearance aisle, and slap some glowing green paint on them.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:05 pm

Handsome wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 am
I just want them to make some Real Ghostbusters figures. I know Diamond Select made some a few years ago, but those are ridiculously expensive now.

Super7 is making figures of other Hasbro licenses like Transformers and GI Joe.. maybe they can pick up the Ghostbusters license and make some Real Ghostbusters Ultimates figures? A guy can dream...
Hasbro doesn't own GB. they are a licensing partner just like Super7 would be. They'd have to go through the movie studio to do it, not Hasbro.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:37 pm

The shifting dates has hurt Hasbro here. I’m sure there’s plasma stuff for Afterlife, and Sony probably doesn’t want to compete for space with their own license. But that’s definitely hurt the “line”. If Hasbro knew the movie was going to go out 4-5 months at a time, I’m sure we would have seen another wave by now. Hopefully they’ve been able to continue sculpting new figures in the background.

This movie more than any other seems to have suffered by the delays. Lots of promotional tie-ins are starting to hit now, for the last release date of July. I want to be optimistic, but I think it’s the biggest potential loser for franchises delayed by COVID. I think the MCU stuff is pretty safe, and otherwise, it’s really only No Time to Die/Bond, where they were potentially doing CG to update product placements.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Covid has almost definitely killed Ghostbusters, but I'm not sure how it would have done in a year of crowded blockbusters as 2020 was going to be anyway. But whatever buzz they had definitely seems to have faded away. And while Ghostbusters is popular, I think it's nowhere near as popular as it often appears. In that I mean almost everyone universally loves Ghostbusters, but most people only care about the first movie and not enough to really buy stuff for it. The legions of GB cosplayers and stuff also falsely inflates how many fans there are because those people are all in, but are still relatively small in numbers compared to other franchises. The RGB cartoon is beloved as well, but loses a ton of mainstream appeal.

And while it's POSSIBLE, there could have been a revival that did big business, it was a decade or more ago when everyone was still alive and possibly young enough to pull it off. Then you add in the 2016 absolute disaster and it's clear this franchise just doesn't have the legs to get mainstream people excited again.

I had an Egon MOC, he's supposed to be "rare" or whatever and I'm dropping this line so I put him on Ebay. I LOST money on it. Which gives you a pretty good indication of how desirable these toys are.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:39 pm

I don't know what else I would've wanted from this line, but a slimed repaint wasn't it. If I see them on fire sale clearance later I might pick them up, but preordering for a hundred bucks isn't in the cards.

It's too bad - that first wave was gorgeously done. They knocked it out of the park. But I still see these in Targets where nothing else is on the action figure pegs. I'm glad I have the core characters from the original movie but if they hung up their spurs on this line it wouldn't break my heart.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:44 pm

Ok, I had to get 2 packs of the Mini-Pufts.
mini.jpg
mini.jpg (154.79 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
GuruAskew
CROM!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:47 pm

The hands on the bodies are all different so if you want to really go buck wild you can order 6 sets and make 18 unique figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:35 am

Sony hasn't exactly kept the film in our minds either. They should have released it sooner, and we should have at least a poster or something that shows the remaining guys in the suits or whatever. I mean we should have seen something more than the kids that star in the movie, but apart from the minute of Paul watching the puffies, nothing (and that was an accident).

Who knows if they can pull in the hype again. Sure, I'll go see it, but I just can't really get excited for the movie anymore. The delays kinda made me hopeless that it's gonna be worth it.

At least we got these figures, so that is good. We probably will get the kids in figure form too. Not really my thing though.
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:41 pm

With a new trailer coming tomorrow do you think we'll start to see new merch or not? And any more Plasma series figures?
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 pm

I think they will release all the plasma series figures they had planned for with this movie but I think that would be all otherwise we would have gotten something else like the cartoon figures teased/released last year or earlier this year
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:58 pm

That's a shame, I was hoping for a deep Ghostbusters collection in 6inch and sell off my diamond select but if that's the case I might sell off my 6inch collection and keep the diamond select ones.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:17 pm

Plasma series afterlife figures
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:48 pm

Man, it would have been amazing if the kids jumpsuits were Real Ghostbusters colors.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”